Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 08-02-2011 06:34 PM

I do think Lucas is dead... but perhaps the writters didn't show him jump because it was a sensitive subject and we'd already seen his breakdown/ downfall and wanted him to leave a hero Wink
Either that or Lucas could well be alive, I would love him to return, but if S10 is the last than I think he's definatly gone... they might however have kept it open in case Spooks does gets S11 or 12 so when RA is not busy with other things he can return, they have the opening for Lucas's return if they have the chance by getting a S11 commissioned Wink it's going to remain a mystery until S10...and maybe even then we might never find out Tongue

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 08-02-2011 08:21 PM

Well Spooks writers have have never been afraid to shock their viewers with the departure of any character, loved or otherwise. Perhaps part of the ambiguity is due to them filming 2 endings, refilming and some editing/continuity issues with those last scenes. Perhaps some important shots wouldn't fit together. Perhaps due to refilming, their intended cliff hanger wasn't possible, so they've gone with the air of ambiguity. There must be some reason we cut to 48 hours later.

Sorry to those hoping otherwise, but Lucas has to have gone over the edge because Harry looked down at the street and then covered his face in shock/sadness. He reacted to what he saw down below in the street and a woman screamed. If there was nothing down in the street, he would've looked around the roof or to the exit stairs to see where Lucas had gone, for his own safety as much as curiosity. Unless we begin S10 with a dream sequence where Harry was knocked out on the roof and imagined he'd seen that Smile

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 08-02-2011 08:37 PM

Harry's reaction is the reason I also think Lucas is dead.
Why react like that if Lucas had just disappeared? There could be a number of reasons why they never showed Lucas actually jump Wink
I'm still wondering what happened in that 48 Hours, was there anything to do with Lucas in that 48 hours? His body found, the team finding out what had happened to him ect?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - xzibit_m - 09-02-2011 12:48 AM

(08-02-2011 08:37 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  Harry's reaction is the reason I also think Lucas is dead.
Why react like that if Lucas had just disappeared? There could be a number of reasons why they never showed Lucas actually jump Wink
I'm still wondering what happened in that 48 Hours, was there anything to do with Lucas in that 48 hours? His body found, the team finding out what had happened to him ect?

I think the reaction was more of an 'oh god, now I actually have to turn up to dinner with my daughter" face.

I think the writers left it open for people to wonder, and just incase there was a chance that RA could be back for S10. If he is back they'll find an explanation as to why Harry looked over the edge like that for real.

They wrote him out of it I think, but left just enough doubt for a re-appearance... Anyway lets face it, Lucas isn't going to back in MI5, He might be a baddy int he first episode though? Cool

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - HellsBells - 09-02-2011 02:30 PM

Sorry can't see Lucas coming back as a baddie, after all he couldn't shoot Harry on the roof because he cared too much.

Has anyone seen/heard any rumours as to when filming will start on series 10?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 09-02-2011 03:12 PM

I don't think Lucas could return as a baddie... if he couldn't kill Harry then I don't see him as a bad guy at all.
John Bateman is the baddie, in the end I think poor Lucas had a constant internal battle between good (Lucas) and bad (John) and in the end Lucas won that battle, he jumped because he had nothing left to lose and because he couldn't face hurting anyone else.
I'd like to see Lucas return, but as Lucas not as John, couldn't watch him being evil again Wink
I wish somehow that part of S9 could be erased. If Lucas returned it could be to help MI5 but not to rejoin them, after everything that happened in S9 I doubt he'd ever return full time the Grid Wink

Not sure about when S10 is being filmed but I think it's soon... around March time maybe

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - xzibit_m - 09-02-2011 09:29 PM

(09-02-2011 02:30 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Sorry can't see Lucas coming back as a baddie, after all he couldn't shoot Harry on the roof because he cared too much.

I'd say the only reason he didn't shoot Harry is becuase harry was playing with him emotionally. 'well who are you, are your john bateman, or lucas north, the man who gave up all his time to help other people' or something like that. I think he was so angry he would have killed harry, and would have let ruth die if harry didnt give him albany...

but thinking about it, maybe him being a bad guy is going to far, but why did they leave enough room for doubt for whether he is dead or not. i know on wikipedia, usually the page is updated straight away by someone who 'writes of characters' like when jo or adam died, but lucas is still a member of the current cast!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Adam Carter - 14-02-2011 06:47 PM

(09-02-2011 09:29 PM)xzibit_m Wrote:  i know on wikipedia, usually the page is updated straight away by someone who 'writes of characters' like when jo or adam died, but lucas is still a member of the current cast!

That's because there are people actually holding out hope that Lucas somehow jumped to safety.

Which is... odd considering the look on Harry's face, and the reaction from the street. Lucas is gone.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Byatil - 14-02-2011 09:52 PM

(14-02-2011 06:47 PM)Adam Carter Wrote:  
(09-02-2011 09:29 PM)xzibit_m Wrote:  i know on wikipedia, usually the page is updated straight away by someone who 'writes of characters' like when jo or adam died, but lucas is still a member of the current cast!

That's because there are people actually holding out hope that Lucas somehow jumped to safety.

Which is... odd considering the look on Harry's face, and the reaction from the street. Lucas is gone.

I think it's just because the ending was rather ambiguous, and it'd be silly to assume Lucas is definitely dead when there's a chance he could be alive. With the deaths of Adam, Connie, Ben and Ros... it was always obvious that they couldn't possibly have survived. With Lucas, it's a lot less certain whether he could have survived or not. We'll just have to wait until S10 for conformation.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 14-02-2011 10:00 PM

(09-02-2011 02:30 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Sorry can't see Lucas coming back as a baddie, after all he couldn't shoot Harry on the roof because he cared too much.

It's on the NW Forum that she starts filming the day after Seasons Greetings finishes, March 14th. It may well be that the other actors start before that especially if the opening episode is very much about Harry as is suspected. I think for those in London, it's worth keeping an eye out now.