Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - HellsBells - 15-02-2011 02:13 PM

Thanks for the info Tea Lady.
I didn't think that the episodes were necessarily filmed in the order they appear in the series, so maybe the whole cast start filming mid March?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 15-02-2011 03:19 PM

One of the cool things I have picked up from audio-commentary that I never picked up on before (despite it staring me in the face Blush) was that each Directing team films in doubles. By that I mean that each Director directs 2 episodes at a time back to back. That way, they always have a Director in pre-production, production and post-production. Must be a scheduling nightmare - but very efficient! That is not to say that they won't decide to move an episode to another slot in the series or add scenes once they are all in the can. My point being, it would be possible for the Director of, say, episode 3 & 4 to come in first and the director of episode 1 & 2 second, if that is what they need to do. Up through what I have watched (S4) it seems that they do film the series in episodic order but rarely each episode in scenic order. The EERIE episode being one of the few episodes that was filmed in chronological scenic order.

Another thing to remember is that filming can start long before the actors are needed. The director of the first two episodes, has at least a couple of weeks of pre-production to get through before the actors are required. I hope so anyway. After re-watching from S1, I could really use some brand spankin' new locations! Wink

Only time will tell, I suppose.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - HellsBells - 16-02-2011 02:19 PM

Interesting stuff A Cousin, I hadn't noticed that directors do 2 episodes back to back, I guess I should watch more extras on the DVDs.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Angie - 20-02-2011 08:41 AM

I think that Lucas is dead, considering that they were both on top of a very hugh building, and before you hear the car alarms and scream, I'm sure you hear the sound of a bang - of something hitting the car. I can't see them writing an escape out of that...but then again I didn't see them re-writing his character as Lucas/John - so who knows!

As for Harry and the enquiry, I know there have been lots of fanfics which have the enquiry looking at why he gave away a secret for Ruth, but I wonder whether the purpose of the enquiry is to establish whether during his career, he gave away any more! Its more than plausible for them to think that since they know he did in this case, he may have done it before - Harry would think it of other spies, I'm sure.

Harry and Ruth - well as much as I'd love to see them together, my 'glass is half empty' cynical side suspects that they won't be. I think Ruth blew it when he went off to see Lucas. She was so cold and when she called his name, the look he gave her was also cold. I think at that moment when he thought he might be going to his death, he may have given up on him and Ruth. She might change her mind when she realises that he didn't potentially put millions of lives at risk to save her (an unbearable amount of guilt to live with) but I don't know whether Harry will want Ruth anymore. So angsty but it would add another level to their ongoing 'relationship' and storyline to have a reversal of roles if Ruth is 'humanised' once more while Harry becomes colder. (Although I hope against hope for a happy ending)

My 'glass half full' side, hopes that the writers have put them through the necessary hell in S9 so that they can work through this in S10 and realise that everything that has happened should pull them together not be used as an excuse to be apart. I honestly dont know how the writers would get the characters to this point, but I'm hoping its not too late - they deserve some happiness together. If they can't be together then they need to be best friends/soulmates again - maybe that closeness is what the writers might recapture as it seems crazy to just keep this so angsty.

Oh, and another hope for S10 - pleeeeeeeease let Ruth smile again and wear some brighter colours in Series 10 as part of her becoming less dead inside!!!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Ghostmojo - 26-02-2011 07:49 PM

(29-11-2010 10:06 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  I speculate that series 10 may very well be the last series...

I agree. I wonder where they can go with it now. Every couple of series we see characters we have grown to like get killed off or disappear, or turn into traitors etc. How much more of this can we take? Spooks has certainly set its face against mainstream predictablility - but in a way, its own quirky way of doing things has now become a bit passe and every bit as predictable as having your heroes always winning/surviving ala James Bond.

I reckon it is probably a good thing to rap it up at the end of this series - but please make it a decent run ... not just half-a-dozen shows. And please go out on a positive note - something that rewards the fans for a decade of loyalty.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - xRuthx - 08-03-2011 09:38 PM

(26-02-2011 07:49 PM)Ghostmojo Wrote:  
(29-11-2010 10:06 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  I speculate that series 10 may very well be the last series...

I agree. I wonder where they can go with it now. Every couple of series we see characters we have grown to like get killed off or disappear, or turn into traitors etc. How much more of this can we take? Spooks has certainly set its face against mainstream predictablility - but in a way, its own quirky way of doing things has now become a bit passe and every bit as predictable as having your heroes always winning/surviving ala James Bond.

I reckon it is probably a good thing to rap it up at the end of this series - but please make it a decent run ... not just half-a-dozen shows. And please go out on a positive note - something that rewards the fans for a decade of loyalty.

I think series ten should be the last. I think its better for a show to go out on a relative high than get axed eventually because people get bored or the standards drop drastically enough that people stop watching.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - bruwitch2 - 09-03-2011 04:05 PM

I hope that the happy event in S 10 will be the explosion of the GRID with Harry and Ruth inside.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Beatriz - 09-03-2011 04:56 PM

I'd be happy with that, if there's a big step in their relationship before the explosion! Tongue

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - FATBOY - 09-03-2011 05:04 PM

Please NO! Spooks has never been more relevant and pertinent.

Come on Kudos and Spooks writers - lets strive to reach even greater heights!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - FionaC - 09-03-2011 06:55 PM

I could cope with series 10 being the last, but only if they know beforehand and can adjust the storyines accordingly. I would hate it to end on a cliffhanger / be open ended and not come back. As someone else said, it would be much better if it went out when it was still popular. I guess we'll must have to wait and see.