Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - BAUER24 - 03-04-2011 07:16 PM

I hope we get scenes that show what Harry did in Northern Ireland. In the book "Harry's Diary" it implied that he did some really bad things . I hope we get to see him facing the consequences of his actions in Northern Ireland.

Series 8 Spoiler: show
Im not saying she cant sure a bit of vulnurability just not be such a wimp. Maybe I miss Ros too much now that she has gone.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - nothingisasitseems - 03-04-2011 09:08 PM

The more I think about this the more I have a bad feeling this is the end.

Obviously the cuts are beginning to bite with only the 6 episdoes.

My vibes are that it will end with Harry leaving - could be either voluntarily or forced - and he will ask Ruth to go with him. Just as she is about to give her decision the credits will roll and we will never get to know what happened...................

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Fidget - 03-04-2011 10:51 PM

(03-04-2011 09:08 PM)nothingisasitseems Wrote:  The more I think about this the more I have a bad feeling this is the end.

Obviously the cuts are beginning to bite with only the 6 episdoes.

My vibes are that it will end with Harry leaving - could be either voluntarily or forced - and he will ask Ruth to go with him. Just as she is about to give her decision the credits will roll and we will never get to know what happened...................

Now that would just be too cruelSuicida

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 04-04-2011 07:15 AM

If the credits roll and Harry and Ruth are still alive with a chance of being together I will be happy with that !

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 04-04-2011 07:15 AM

I also have a bad feeling. A lot of us have come to like, respect, love, believe in Harry so I will hate it if they go down the Lucas route and discredit him etc. We know that he has done bad things but it has always been ordered or done for the good of the country or the majority. We have to have faith that there is someone doing the right things at the top !

I don't want to see him being captured / tortured either.

We know that he did give secrets away to Juliet when they were having an affair but wasn't that dealt with by the HS at the time?

It seems that the new woman may be trying to take Harry's job from what has been said (very ambitious) so is she the "one enemy too many"

Why do they have to go down this route as there seems to be enough things going on in the world to create some good stories?

I wondered if the Ruth standing by him may mean something else. If Harry is about to be killed and Ruth had the chance to escape, would she do so or stand by him so they died together?

I'm not sure I'm going to watch series 10, I may just make my own happy ending stories up instead !

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - binkie - 04-04-2011 03:00 PM

(04-04-2011 07:15 AM)harrbd Wrote:  I also have a bad feeling. A lot of us have come to like, respect, love, believe in Harry so I will hate it if they go down the Lucas route and discredit him etc. We know that he has done bad things but it has always been ordered or done for the good of the country or the majority. We have to have faith that there is someone doing the right things at the top !

I have no kind of track record as regards speculation, so I'm prepared to have this come back and bite me: I think it's reasonable to assume that there will be no retrospective discrediting of Harry in the manner of Lucas-is-John.

I am curious to know, though, why - if you found Lucas-is-John acceptable in story terms - would you not find Harry-is-a-hidden-deceiver equally acceptable in story terms? (This question is not aimed specifically at you, harrbd. It's a general solicitation, not a personal interrogation Wink).

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - BAUER24 - 04-04-2011 06:07 PM

(04-04-2011 07:15 AM)harrbd Wrote:  I also have a bad feeling. A lot of us have come to like, respect, love, believe in Harry so I will hate it if they go down the Lucas route and discredit him etc. We know that he has done bad things but it has always been ordered or done for the good of the country or the majority. We have to have faith that there is someone doing the right things at the top !

I don't want to see him being captured / tortured either.

We know that he did give secrets away to Juliet when they were having an affair but wasn't that dealt with by the HS at the time?

It seems that the new woman may be trying to take Harry's job from what has been said (very ambitious) so is she the "one enemy too many"

Why do they have to go down this route as there seems to be enough things going on in the world to create some good stories?

I wondered if the Ruth standing by him may mean something else. If Harry is about to be killed and Ruth had the chance to escape, would she do so or stand by him so they died together?

I'm not sure I'm going to watch series 10, I may just make my own happy ending stories up instead !

The how can you call yourself a true spooks fan? Yes I would be very upset if it was a tragic/unhappy ending but surely you wouldnt want it to be a happy ending for the sake of it? Surely if this is going to be the last season you would want the ending to be remembered in a good way? As someone who has seen 24 ended in a rubbish way I just hope that it s a good ending that is talked about for years to come as a fantastic ending for a fantastic show

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 04-04-2011 06:13 PM

I will state again, the greatest betrayal the writers could ever commit in my eyes, would make Spooks end with a happy ending.

It would repulse me.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - BAUER24 - 04-04-2011 06:22 PM

(04-04-2011 06:13 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  I will state again, the greatest betrayal the writers could ever commit in my eyes, would make Spooks end with a happy ending.

It would repulse me.

why would it repulse you? Surely after all the death and sadness, it would be nice for all the charcters to have some happiness, if it was written in such a way that you would back on it and think "Yeah that was a brilliant ending and I couldnt have done it better?"

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 04-04-2011 06:24 PM

It's not in the character of the show. That's the point, after all the death and sadness there is still more, that has always been the nature of the show and that shouldn't change.