Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 06-04-2011 06:24 PM

Just throwing this into the pot but what if Harry ends up on trial in Russia? We have filming at a location that could pass as a court house for the last 4 days, possibly longer, which someone else has tweeted is a KGB HQ? What if that unexpected journey is that Harry finds himself in Russia, sold out to improve relations between the UK and Russia?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - watchstrap - 06-04-2011 06:35 PM

I think the clue comes from
Series series9 Spoiler: show
the final scene on the roof when the HS says that 'Harry is the spy they want to kick out into the cold'. The press release refers I think to him going out into the cold. Recently I've read The Spy Who Came in From The Cold by John Le Carre and it did make me think that they may use Harry's current situation regarding Albany to make him do something out in the cold, something that needs to remain unaccountable.

There again, I am usually so wide of the mark Undecided

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 06-04-2011 07:45 PM

(06-04-2011 06:35 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  There again, I am usually so wide of the mark Undecided

God! I hope so! You know how that book ends! *hyperventilates!*

Although, now that you bring it up there are some very obvious similarities in there isn't there? At least at the beginning. I would hate to think that they would just copy the book though? Surely they can be much more creative than that? I could see them using it as a jumping off point though.

Berlin Corners = Berlin Circus?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - cateau1 - 06-04-2011 09:19 PM

Sorry guys, but it's a set up. Harry needs to look as though he is out in the cold in order that the Russians trust him ... It's Harry in Deep Cover!Cool

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 10-04-2011 08:02 AM

Coming back to the "Will Ruth stand by Harry" question. I, like others, can't see that anything Harry has done in the past would make her walk away. She knows the nature of the job and also knows that Harry is a different man than when he was in the Army and first in MI5. The only thing I wonder is whether Harry had more to do with her brother's death than came out at the time.

Otherwise it may be a Double Agent thing with Harry "spying" for the Russians and it coming down to Ruth having the chance to save him if she believes him to be really working for the British.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 10-04-2011 03:23 PM

I guess it all depends on what exactly this 'Secret' from Harry's past is,
But I too can't see Ruth walking away from him, she knows him better than anyone else, and what happened in the past is exactly that, just the past, whoever he was then, what ever he did is not who he is now Wink
I think the only reason she may walk away may be because she begins to question if she really does know him at all Wink

From reading the info on S10 though, it must be something so deep that it does cause Ruth to question him, could they have Harry just be another Lucas and commit an awful betrayal? Me not like that very much, if what happened to Lucas happens to Harry there won't be many happy bunnies out there Wink

Series S10 Spoiler: show
Making a guess that Harry will be on suspension in S10 though if Erin Watts is Section D's new leader, but will we see Harry at all on The Grid in Ep1, being told abut his enquiry and maybe getting the sack ect? I doubt they would let him work on the Grid if there's an ongoing enquiry so it'll be interesting to see how Harry deals with off the Grid, and will his team (not just Ruth) remain loyal to him despite this secret from his past coming back. I could see there being split loyalty, Tariq, Ruth and Dimitri who know and work for Harry and then the new members of the team who haven't worked with him as long Wink

It'll be interesting to see where each new Character fits in as well Smile

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Jackk14 - 11-04-2011 12:13 AM

I can see the scenario below happening, but I hope it doesn't.

S10 begins with Harry on trial - team struggles through an operation or two. Then the final 5 episodes or so show Harry's trial, former Spooks forced out of the woodwork to testify for/against him. Zoe, Tom from the beginning show up as I'm sure the trial would be publicised etc. And it ending either on a really frustrating cliffhanger. Or Section D being disbanded and everyone left out of a job and Harry convicted and Section D's last battle to get Harry out of the country, to which he'll probably reject and go to prison.

But then again, I hope they see sense and keep Spooks running as unlike other series' it just doesn't seem to be fading.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 11-04-2011 11:43 AM

I can't see Tom and Zoe returning at all, although I would like to see them come back even for a cameo, however,if they came back they'd be putting their own lives in danger (Which isn't a bright idea as they are no longer part of MI5)
Whatever this secret fom Harry's past is, if anyone from his past becomes involved it'll most likely be someone we've never seen before, Wink
I can however imagine this 'secret' being so bad that it causes Harry to just give up and not fight the enquiry at all, forcing him out of MI5, and like in S9 where Ruth convinced him not to resign, she could convince him also to fight this enquiry, she seems to be the only person he'll really listen to Wink

I wonder if his past would cause the rest of his team to doubt him as well, and what could he have done that's so bad that causes anyone to doubt him? *Waits for S10*

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 11-04-2011 12:30 PM

(11-04-2011 02:52 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I think (hope) that Harry's inquest is only going to be a catalyst, not the concentration of S10. Endless inquest scenes would get very boring very quickly. What they did with Zoe's inquest worked rather well but only for one episode not 6!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 11-04-2011 01:32 PM

(11-04-2011 12:13 AM)Jackk14 Wrote:  I can see the scenario below happening, but I hope it doesn't.

S10 begins with Harry on trial - team struggles through an operation or two. Then the final 5 episodes or so show Harry's trial, former Spooks forced out of the woodwork to testify for/against him. Zoe, Tom from the beginning show up as I'm sure the trial would be publicised etc. And it ending either on a really frustrating cliffhanger. Or Section D being disbanded and everyone left out of a job and Harry convicted and Section D's last battle to get Harry out of the country, to which he'll probably reject and go to prison.

But then again, I hope they see sense and keep Spooks running as unlike other series' it just doesn't seem to be fading.

Your story is a good one, but I seriously hope you're wrong Wink for so many reasons, the biggest of which is that regardless of whether this is the last series or not, I don't want Harry to only feature in a trial scenario. Harry needs to be a part of the ops for at least 4 of the 6 episodes, otherwise it just isn't Spooks! His trial to me is a B story, just like his story with Ruth. The trial SHOULD NOT BE THE STORY ARC OF THE ENTIRE SERIES YA HEARING ME KUDOS????? I'm fine with a 2 parter to open the series featuring Harry's trial, after which - plse move on. Otherwise it really will be a swan song type series.