Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 13-04-2011 08:40 PM

Which is why forums like this are such fun. Big Grin

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - yorkshiretyke - 14-04-2011 02:03 PM

Need help! On twitter sam vincent has tweeted "Spooks 10 rushes, I passed the test" what are rushes?....as holidays I am unable to ask my students, so I need your help!

Tyke

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tess24 - 14-04-2011 02:33 PM

Rushes are a series of raw/unedited shots/scenes from a days filming that may make it into the final episode, usually collected together for the director to chose the ones they want in the final edit.

Some of those tweets are a little confusing though because he was using some sort of predictive next tweet programme or something.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - pepelow - 14-04-2011 02:36 PM

In film jargon, "rushes" means a rough cut of the day's filming. On movie sets, producers, directors and often the actors gather round the monitor at the end of a day's work to look at all the scenes which have been filmed and give their comments. This is the uncut and unedited version. After all filming has been done, it will be the job of the director and the editor to sift through all that's been filmed and cut/edit it into a coherent whole.

I guess what Sam Vincent meant was that for the episode(s) which he wrote, the first lot of filming has been done and they've gone through a viewing of the "rushes". If something doesn't work, or if they want to slot in a topical event, now's the time to work on these aspects.

Hope this helps. Smile

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - yorkshiretyke - 14-04-2011 05:28 PM

aaaah...thank you

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 14-04-2011 06:02 PM

So is it safe to assume Sam Vincent has written episodes 1 and 2 then and we are up to episode 3, for filming? So we are heading for filming to end mid-June, depending on what sort of break they have for Easter.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 14-04-2011 07:38 PM

Thanks for the info pepelow, I didn't know that! Learn something new everyday Wink

I'd say that sounds about right TL Smile Sometime in June I think should be right, which means (if I'm verrrry lucky and go wandering) I might catch them filming around that time if they haven't finished yet Wink
Sam and Jon never gives too much away on Twitter (Always good to avoid spoilers) Wink, but they do keep everyone up to date Smile

Actually looking at Twitter, seems it's been a while since anyone spotted filming

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - pepelow - 14-04-2011 10:47 PM

(14-04-2011 06:02 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  So is it safe to assume Sam Vincent has written episodes 1 and 2 then and we are up to episode 3, for filming? So we are heading for filming to end mid-June, depending on what sort of break they have for Easter.
Not necessarily. Spooks doesn't always film in sequence (think they started filming first on episode 2 this year), and for Series 7, they didn't take a break and was spotted filming outside the fake "Thames House" over the Easter weekend. Smile This year, they might take a break over the Royal Wedding weekend, unless of course, they want to film lots of crowd scenes and/or work a terrorist attack on that wedding into the story line!Big Grin

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - JHyde - 15-04-2011 02:34 AM

pepelow's right, they don't always film in sequence.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 15-04-2011 01:26 PM

Question: Do we know if Sam Vincent and Jonathan Brackley the only writers for S10? Are we going to get any Anthony Neilson (yes, to this I think?), David Farr or Richard McBrien?

I know that they don't always film in sequence, but I thought they at least tried have 1 director per 2 episodes and tried film any given director's 2 episodes back to back? I am pretty sure that they have moved episodes around in the final edit and that they don't necessarily film in scenic order. Am I wrong in that? Certainly conflicts in scheduling could arise. At any rate, it must be a logistical night-mare for the Line Producer!