Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - pepelow - 16-04-2011 10:57 AM

I thought I was just clarifying what Ian Wylie actually said in his tweets. I had no idea that I had waded into a discussion of whether or not Harry is going to be on the Grid for Series 10. Let me butt out right here, and leave you ladies as you were. Big Grin

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Silktie - 16-04-2011 06:24 PM

Haha, no worries. However, if you read the latest article put up in the articles thread, it does seem that Harry is still on the Grid, as the boss, and that perhaps the Inquiry plays out around that? Or it is a case of the Inquiry waking sleeping dogs from his past, which come back to haunt them after the Inquiry is concluded.

Also interesting information about Alice Krige's character. It seems likely she'll play a Russian with a hidden agenda, possibly pretending to work with MI5 but secretly working against them?

And apparently we're back to having shenanigans from the CIA.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 16-04-2011 06:47 PM

I agree about Alice Krige's character it does seem she is connected with whatever going to happen with Russia Smile, seems that she's also involved somehow in this Secret from Harry's past, I think there was an article posted about her being a big part in a Double-Dealing storyline.
If she's not a Russian maybe she could be part of the team investigating Harry with knowledge of his past.

This time around seems like the relationship with the Russians is a whole lot better than the one with the CIA, so could they also become a danger?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 16-04-2011 07:11 PM

(16-04-2011 06:47 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  This time around seems like the relationship with the Russians is a whole lot better than the one with the CIA, so could they also become as danger?

Series 9 Spoiler: show
In episode 3, Harry got into hot water, protesting about working with the FSB. Towers said that if he couldn't bury his deep prejudice against the Russians, he should move aside. Even Ruth seemed to be able to move with the times.

In this series we have the prospect of this new ambitious Section Chief, who will be more than happy to work with the Russians because she is from a different generation. If we have the prospect of getting on better with the FSB than the CIA, I wonder how that will pan out for Harry.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 16-04-2011 07:25 PM

That's true Smile
Series S10 Spoiler: show
Harry's prejudice against the Russians could mean nothing if he's suspended any way, but its still not clear if he'll be working on he Grid or not.
And if Towers wanted to work with Russia at any time and it was up to Erin she would be more than Happy to work with them to mark her mark in MI5 and because she doesn't hold anything against the Russians as Harry does, and that could link back the relationships he made in the Cold War, this Secret could contribute to the reason he doesn't like working with Russia, something that happened in the Cold War?

We still don't know if Harry will be on the Grid at all,it seems he will be there some of the time reading some of Ian Wylies Tweets but his articles also suggest with the being a new Section 'Leader' (Is this Section Chief or Section Head? Is She replacing Lucas or Harry?) and along with the end of S9 that he could be suspended Wink Surely Harry would be on The Grid at some point, it would seem strange without him

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Silktie - 17-04-2011 07:17 AM

I think Erin is the new Section Chief, replacing Lucas. But this quote from that article:

But rest assured that good ol' Harry Pearce will still be the puppetmaster, even though secrets from his past threaten his role as MI5 chief.

sounds to me as though Harry is still operating in his normal role (as Section Head) whilst the problems brought about by the 'secret from his past' plays out around that.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 17-04-2011 01:25 PM

(17-04-2011 07:17 AM)Silktie Wrote:  I think Erin is the new Section Chief, replacing Lucas. But this quote from that article:

But rest assured that good ol' Harry Pearce will still be the puppetmaster, even though secrets from his past threaten his role as MI5 chief.

sounds to me as though Harry is still operating in his normal role (as Section Head) whilst the problems brought about by the 'secret from his past' plays out around that.

This is what led me to believe that they will either a) keep Harry on the grid during his inquiry, b) resolve the inquiry within the first couple of episodes and use it as a catalyst or c) trampoline over his inquiry completely and pick up with the fall out of it after wards.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 17-04-2011 01:48 PM

(17-04-2011 01:25 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  This is what led me to believe that they will either a) keep Harry on the grid during his inquiry, b) resolve the inquiry within the first couple of episodes and use it as a catalyst or c) trampoline over his inquiry completely and pick up with the fall out of it after wards.

Keeping you options open there a little A Cousin Wink

I do wonder whether he will be able to keep his Title though after this. I know he never did like "Sir Harry" but it would still feel like a slap in the face if it was taken away. Doesn't being a Knight give you the right to marry at Westminster Abbey or such place? Ruth will have to lower her expectations a little then if that happens.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 17-04-2011 02:03 PM

(17-04-2011 01:48 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(17-04-2011 01:25 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  This is what led me to believe that they will either a) keep Harry on the grid during his inquiry, b) resolve the inquiry within the first couple of episodes and use it as a catalyst or c) trampoline over his inquiry completely and pick up with the fall out of it after wards.

Keeping you options open there a little A Cousin Wink

I do wonder whether he will be able to keep his Title though after this. I know he never did like "Sir Harry" but it would still feel like a slap in the face if it was taken away. Doesn't being a Knight give you the right to marry at Westminster Abbey or such place? Ruth will have to lower her expectations a little then if that happens.

Haha! And hope reigns eternal, huh, TL? Wink

I too thought that SHP would be able to get married in Westminster but my best source for that idea was a fanfic somewhere. So, um, yeah, perhaps more wishful thinking?

If you must know Tongue, there is one last option: the inquiry going on the whole of the series without him on the grid which I don't think will happen.

I am sure I could come up with others because in the end I have no clue where S10 will go!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - yorkshiretyke - 17-04-2011 02:05 PM

(17-04-2011 01:48 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Ruth will have to lower her expectations a little then if that happens.
ha ha like it!

A bit off topic, but here goes, I have just watched the last Waking the Dead and I have to say I liked the ending, in fact I would go as far to say if Spooks ended like that I would be happy.....Oh apart from one of the getting killed...mind you she was a newbie so not too bad!