Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tess24 - 17-04-2011 02:13 PM

(17-04-2011 02:05 PM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  
(17-04-2011 01:48 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Ruth will have to lower her expectations a little then if that happens.
ha ha like it!

A bit off topic, but here goes, I have just watched the last Waking the Dead and I have to say I liked the ending, in fact I would go as far to say if Spooks ended like that I would be happy.....Oh apart from one of the getting killed...mind you she was a newbie so not too bad!

I saw that too and the last sweeping shot of London and the skyline immediately made me think that it was one shot they wouldn't be able to use in the final ever Spooks episode.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 17-04-2011 03:29 PM

I know there seems to be a lot of people in favour of spooks bowing out on a high and that the time is right now. But really folks - is it? Surely they could get another couple of seasons especially as they're only 6 episodes long? There is nothing else on TV like Spooks. Everything (except for Dr Who) is some kind of law/order or criminal investigation. It will be a sad day for the BBC when spooks ends. Just because lots of people got upset about the way Lucas was written out (and I do admit it could've been better)....how do we know that RA didn't get strung along by the Hobbit and sat on the fence making his decision? Perhaps Kudos wanted to keep him if at all possible so in light of that, perhaps hasty decisions were made with the writing. We know the scripts change almost on the day of filming.

S10 needs to set up a good solid new team (let's be honest Lucas couldn't carry it on his own anyway).

Fans are becoming like proud parents of over achievers - ever more demanding and critical. 2 more seasons at least I say!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Silktie - 17-04-2011 03:30 PM

Something else to ponder: I wonder how the Erin character gets the position of Section Chief? Usually Harry gets to choose his own people, but what if the decision is taken out of his hands, and she has been planted on the Grid by those who want to bring Harry down? She could be reporting on his activities, and will perhaps in the end have to decide where her true loyalties lie.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 17-04-2011 03:51 PM

(17-04-2011 03:30 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Something else to ponder: I wonder how the Erin character gets the position of Section Chief? Usually Harry gets to choose his own people, but what if the decision is taken out of his hands, and she has been planted on the Grid by those who want to bring Harry down? She could be reporting on his activities, and will perhaps in the end have to decide where her true loyalties lie.

My guess would be that she is imposed on Harry and the team. Instantly disliked by everyone and vice versa. Harry has lost his authority to make such decisions. I wonder whether one of the new bods announced such as Jonathan Hyde, will play someone high up at MI5 or the JIC. He's about that sort of age to play someone in a position of authority.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 17-04-2011 09:13 PM

I fully expect this Erin character and Harry to not get on. It will be a new angle for Spooks, as Harry has always been greatly supportive of his section chiefs. He won't be able to discipline her because she will be good at her job and maddeningly efficient. It'll be a new one for the fans as well, as the section chiefs have also had their own fan base, even Ros, who I didn't like much at all, even though her one liners made me laugh.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - watchstrap - 17-04-2011 09:22 PM

(17-04-2011 03:30 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Something else to ponder: I wonder how the Erin character gets the position of Section Chief? Usually Harry gets to choose his own people, but what if the decision is taken out of his hands, and she has been planted on the Grid by those who want to bring Harry down? She could be reporting on his activities, and will perhaps in the end have to decide where her true loyalties lie.

Been watching Waking the Dead Silktie? Wink

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 17-04-2011 10:05 PM

(17-04-2011 09:13 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I fully expect this Erin character and Harry to not get on.

I'd count on it. It's conflict, and that's what makes stories work. Plus it'll be fun to see who dislikes/supports her. And sorry Tea Lady, but to see Harry a little wrong-footed will make great TV and hopefully see his character really shine. He's been too long in that office, I'd like to see him in action.

[Just getting the giggles imagining Harry in a lycra outfit with "H" on the front...] Big Grin

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 17-04-2011 10:17 PM

And Harry being nasty and sarcastic is so sexy! **Sigh**

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - BoHenley - 17-04-2011 10:31 PM

Yes, does bring on rather pleasant thoughts, doesn't it? Silba

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Silktie - 18-04-2011 06:32 AM

(17-04-2011 09:22 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  

Been watching Waking the Dead Silktie? Wink

Er, no... Don't live in England. Wink

I like the idea of having Harry for once not get along with his Section Chief. On the other hand, they may fool us all and the new techie might be the plant.