Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - HarryPearceSpy - 12-05-2011 05:12 AM

Quick question- I was just wondering if anyone knows if the BBC is planning on having anymore seasons past this season (10)? Or is this the final series? Just curious because I'm trying to keep up with the episodes here in the US. Thanks! Smile

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 12-05-2011 05:51 AM

^^ It's thought that S10 could be the last but Kudos/BBC haven't confirmed it will be, I think they could get perhaps one more Series after S10... maybe Wink
One of the writters, Anthony Neilson I think it was did say that the problem with Spooks is they are running out of storylines, so instead they have to go in deep character,
I wish they'd just let us know, then again did they confirmed there would be a S10 only after S9 had finished or was that known before S9 ended?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - HarryPearceSpy - 12-05-2011 08:06 PM

(12-05-2011 05:51 AM)Forever Secret Wrote:  ^^ It's thought that S10 could be the last but Kudos/BBC haven't confirmed it will be, I think they could get perhaps one more Series after S10... maybe Wink
One of the writters, Anthony Neilson I think it was did say that the problem with Spooks is they are running out of storylines, so instead they have to go in deep character,
I wish they'd just let us know, then again did they confirmed there would be a S10 only after S9 had finished or was that known before S9 ended?

Forever Secret-
Thank you for the info! Its going to be interesting to see if Spooks is renewed. There definitely is a chance for a S11 Wink I hope they announce this news sooner rather than later. If S10 is the last season, I hope they have a nice grand finale (instead of making it seem like a regular episode. It just seems better with a grand exciting finale to me). If S10 is the last series, would you like to have a big exciting finale too? Just curious.

As for the stories, it must be tough to come up with new stories for 10 seasons. There are a lot of possible ideas, but I'm sure its a challenge to think about new ideas. Character development will be good though. I felt that has been missing in the latter series that I've seen.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Smile

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 12-05-2011 09:53 PM

With Waking the Dead, Ashes to Ashes and Hustle it was made very public that it was the last series. There hasn't been any official announcement to say that it is the last one of Spooks, so I'm happy to go on believing that it will carry on. Smile More cake anyone?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 13-05-2011 03:15 AM

(12-05-2011 09:53 PM)Naivety Wrote:  With Waking the Dead, Ashes to Ashes and Hustle it was made very public that it was the last series. There hasn't been any official announcement to say that it is the last one of Spooks, so I'm happy to go on believing that it will carry on. Smile More cake anyone?

Agree totally, I'll have some cake. The Hustle announcement has been made even before the last series has begun filming. It's interesting to note the decision was made by the writers of Hustle, not Kudos nor the BBC. Infact, the BBC want to keep it on the burner, take time out and perhaps return with a new cast so I read. With Spooks, lots of different writers and script editors have been involved, so I think it really is down to Kudos and the BBC. Fingers crossed!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - HarryPearceSpy - 13-05-2011 06:02 AM

(13-05-2011 03:15 AM)loladom Wrote:  
(12-05-2011 09:53 PM)Naivety Wrote:  With Waking the Dead, Ashes to Ashes and Hustle it was made very public that it was the last series. There hasn't been any official announcement to say that it is the last one of Spooks, so I'm happy to go on believing that it will carry on. Smile More cake anyone?

Agree totally, I'll have some cake. The Hustle announcement has been made even before the last series has begun filming. It's interesting to note the decision was made by the writers of Hustle, not Kudos nor the BBC. Infact, the BBC want to keep it on the burner, take time out and perhaps return with a new cast so I read. With Spooks, lots of different writers and script editors have been involved, so I think it really is down to Kudos and the BBC. Fingers crossed!

Hmm it sounds like Spooks is here to stay (based on these posts). Of course its not for certain, but from what you said, there's still a good chance of a new season after this.

I bet they also have consultants from the intelligence world. I know that cop shows usually have consultants who used to be cops, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same here.
Question- How long does it usually take them to film an entire series? A few months?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 22-05-2011 02:52 PM

So could the filming today be where we get to see Ruth and the cast all dressed up in evening clothes? Perhaps Ruth is under-cover (we were told that we were going to get more kick ass Ruth this series) and is working with the PM. The PM doesn't know she is Security Services and neither does the enemy because she is usually a desk officer. Anyway, she is attending an event with the PM at a foreign embassy. This could explain why she met Harry in secret on the sand bank.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - richliga - 22-05-2011 03:02 PM

well I kind of hoped to see both Harry and Ruth dressed up in the same scene... oh well... lets wait and see... do we have any spies at the embassy? Wink

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 22-05-2011 04:40 PM

(22-05-2011 02:52 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Perhaps Ruth is under-cover (we were told that we were going to get more kick ass Ruth this series) and is working with the PM. The PM doesn't know she is Security Services and neither does the enemy because she is usually a desk officer. Anyway, she is attending an event with the PM at a foreign embassy. This could explain why she met Harry in secret on the sand bank.

I am reminded of the incident in Harry's past where he went against specific orders and saved a PM's life.

Well, we know that Ruth is the Russian adviser to the HS. It has been established that she can advise him directly as well. Only one step away from the PM, though. I wonder if the scene in the sand bank is her being pressured by both Harry and HS to attend the event?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 22-05-2011 06:00 PM

(22-05-2011 04:40 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I am reminded of the incident in Harry's past where he went against specific orders and saved a PM's life.

Well, we know that Ruth is the Russian adviser to the HS. It has been established that she can advise him directly as well. Only one step away from the PM, though. I wonder if the scene in the sand bank is her being pressured by both Harry and HS to attend the event?

My goodness, I think I would agree to sell my soul to the devil if I had Harry Pearce and William Towers asking me Wink

Just thinking about why this secret meeting. Perhaps Ruth no longer works on the Grid. Perhaps she is now working in the Cabinet office. Perhaps Harry and Ruth were separated after the Inquiry?