Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - jacko - 23-05-2011 03:09 PM

Thanks for that A Cousin. I'm just wondering when it says last series if it dosn't just mean the most recent, for instance I was talking to someone the other day about series 9 and I said in the last series of spooks. I'm trying to be optimistic i'm sure BBC would have confirmed by now with it being said by a few people if it was true. Fingers crossed.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 23-05-2011 03:11 PM

*gulps down large mouthful of cheesecake.*

I'm going down kicking and screaming. Until it is confirmed officially by the BBC and/or KUDO's, I want them to know in no uncertain terms that I want more! Despite some bobbles, it has consistently been some of the best TV out there and it can continue to be.

It's BARB ratings for S9 increased from S8. In fact, S9 had Spooks' highest series average BARB rating since S2. And this does not reflect the ever growing international audience. If the BBC is successful in implementing an international iPlayer, they will see the results of its growing international viewership. The audiences are out there. If S10 is successful, then I see no reason that it couldn't go on to an equally successful S11. Unless the producers are simply tired of making it. Which is still a possibility I suppose. It is still the best horse in their stable.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - jacko - 23-05-2011 03:15 PM

Exactly, if they stop making Spooks what else has the BBC really got. What other series has such a big international following aswell as such a loyal and dedicated fan base. Come on Kudos get another series written and in production for next year. After all they have what I consider to be the best acting partnership ever on their side too, good old PF and NW.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 23-05-2011 03:19 PM

(23-05-2011 03:09 PM)jacko Wrote:  Thanks for that A Cousin. I'm just wondering when it says last series if it dosn't just mean the most recent, for instance I was talking to someone the other day about series 9 and I said in the last series of spooks. I'm trying to be optimistic i'm sure BBC would have confirmed by now with it being said by a few people if it was true. Fingers crossed.

You're welcome!

My own speculation on this is that these statements are coming from agents whose jobs are to sell their clients and spin their CV's in the best possible light. Being "on the last series of Spooks" would be a selling point, e.g. one of the lucky few who have been honored with being cast on one of the most successful TV dramas on British TV. Agents are a wily lot! Wink

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - jacko - 23-05-2011 03:27 PM

Another good point A Cousin, until Kudos or the BBC confirm i'm trying to take anything else with a pinch of salt. All I do hope is that is it is the last that Kudos know for definate so that they can do a fantastic last episode with a definate end, if they end it on a usual cliffhanger and then decide it's the last and we never get to know what happens it'll be torture.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 23-05-2011 04:38 PM

I'm in agreement here...
All these rumours that its the last Series are exactly that... Rumours and that's all,
Kudos have eyes and ears, they decide and they tell us if it's the last,
Looking back at Series 9, wasn't there something said about 2 endings being filmed, maybe because one was goign to be used to round off the entire franchise and the other (the one we got) was the cliffhanger to roll onto the next series because perhaps Kudos hadn't been told whether or not it was going to be the last Series. They could do the same in S10, and make a last minute decision as to which ending to use depending on if it is the last Series Wink

It would be extremely unfair for them to leave a last ever episode on a Cliffhanger, so I agree with you Jacko, I hope if S10 is the last we get an amazing last ep with one hell of an ending, I just wish we knew it was a definate end or if its still undecided.

To be be honest most of those sites saying it is the last Series are not professional Show sites but more Actor profiles, where hardly any official information is given out, so I'm not trusting it, the info hasn't come from Kudos or the BBC yet Wink

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - LV R/H - 23-05-2011 06:35 PM

(23-05-2011 10:19 AM)lottanyman Wrote:  Another tweet fueling the speculations that series 10 could be the last. http://twitter.com/#!/Ruther2/status/72588034108956673
On the LinkedIn page the actor mentions to play a character in the last season of Spooks.

Yeh i've had a few discussions about this today, as this is the second time now this has been mentioned on an Actors profile for S10.
I really hope it's not true, as i would be devasted if it was the last series. I certainly think it could go on, but i am also preparing myself too. I do want to know in advance so I have the chance to mourn the show, 1) So i can enjoy it and 2) so I myself can come to terms with it.

I shall remain hopeful until it's officially confirmed.
"piece of cake anyone":)

Quote:I'm going down kicking and screaming. Until it is confirmed officially by the BBC and/or KUDO's, I want them to know in no uncertain terms that I want more! Despite some bobbles, it has consistently been some of the best TV out there and it can continue to be.

It's BARB ratings for S9 increased from S8. In fact, S9 had Spooks' highest series average BARB rating since S2. And this does not reflect the ever growing international audience. If the BBC is successful in implementing an international iPlayer, they will see the results of its growing international viewership. The audiences are out there. If S10 is successful, then I see no reason that it couldn't go on to an equally successful S11. Unless the producers are simply tired of making it. Which is still a possibility I suppose. It is still the best horse in their stable.

This is true, I still think it's the best thing on, and I know they probably want to try new projects but I don't see why you can't have a bit of both. Smile

(23-05-2011 03:15 PM)jacko Wrote:  Exactly, if they stop making Spooks what else has the BBC really got. What other series has such a big international following aswell as such a loyal and dedicated fan base. Come on Kudos get another series written and in production for next year. After all they have what I consider to be the best acting partnership ever on their side too, good old PF and NW.

COME ON KUDOS DO IT FOR THE FANSYahoo

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 23-05-2011 07:22 PM

(23-05-2011 03:11 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  *gulps down large mouthful of cheesecake.*

Look A Cousin, a cute baby monkey *steals cheesecake* Silba

I think that if Outcasts had been a success, we would have more to worry about. If the actors are on board i.e. Peter doesn't want to leave, and the BBC are still funding it, why the heck would Kudos not want to make it? Kudos are hardly flushed for projects with both Hustle and Outcasts ending.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 23-05-2011 08:50 PM

The only thing that worries me is that PF has had enough. He seemed to be giving out a few vibes that suggested that a few months ago. Lets hope that we fans and Kudos can persuade him that there is plenty of mileage left in the show and the character. It could certainly go on for at least two more series IMO.

Kudos must be aware of the fuss it creates everytime they are filming out and about. I don't know of any other show that gets this sort of following even when it's not on air.

And maybe the word in that actor's blurb is a misprint... it was meant to say 'latest'. Yep! That's what it was. Definitely!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - MrsHat - 23-05-2011 08:56 PM

Kudos are definitely aware of the fuss & fanbase Spooks has but to be honest, although they have a few things in the pipeline, ending Spooks leaves them with *very* little out on the market currently