Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - lottanyman - 23-05-2011 08:58 PM

PF may of course have changed his mind since then but in the short interview snippets Ian Wylie published shortly before South Riding was aired he said he'd definately like to go on if Spooks would continue after series 10. But maybe this is also just wishful thinking from my part...

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - jackbristow - 23-05-2011 09:41 PM

It better not be the last season, Spooks is the only show I look forward to.
I need my Harry and Ruth to continue into season 11!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Jackk14 - 24-05-2011 08:16 AM

I think part of the point of that Spooks: Code 9 thing was to stop the series running past that point, which was 2012.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 24-05-2011 01:28 PM

(23-05-2011 07:22 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(23-05-2011 03:11 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  *gulps down large mouthful of cheesecake.*

Look A Cousin, a cute baby monkey *steals cheesecake* Silba

Aaawwww....! Look at the cute baby, monk... HEY! Where'd my cheesecake go?!? Get your own, TeaLady! ThcussingWink

Wait a minute, in just a few weeks you will, in fact, be able to get your own Juniors cheesecake! Yahoo
(24-05-2011 08:16 AM)Jackk14 Wrote:  I think part of the point of that Spooks: Code 9 thing was to stop the series running past that point, which was 2012.

Hee...From what I have heard about it, there wasn't much of a point to Code 9 to begin with. Much less as a pre-determined ending point for Spooks. Wink
(23-05-2011 08:58 PM)lottanyman Wrote:  PF may of course have changed his mind since then but in the short interview snippets Ian Wylie published shortly before South Riding was aired he said he'd definately like to go on if Spooks would continue after series 10. But maybe this is also just wishful thinking from my part...

Ooohhhh, I think he knows what he has going with Spooks. The length of contract he has had with Spooks is the exception and not the rule in an actors professional life. He has been in the business long enough to know that it will have to end one day - I hope not too soon - and he will have to move on to other projects. His recent barrage of publicity is just keeping the irons in the professional fire, IMO.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - nothingisasitseems - 24-05-2011 05:33 PM

If this is the last Season of Spooks ( and my opinion is that unfortunately it is) I just hope Kudos has been advised and can have the scriptwriters come up with a definitive ending rather than leave things to our individual imagination.

So many think it is clever to leave it "open" - I just hate that. I like everything cut and dried even if it is an ending I don't like!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - DogSoSmall - 24-05-2011 06:08 PM

Couldn't agree more!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - richliga - 24-05-2011 07:18 PM

(24-05-2011 05:33 PM)nothingisasitseems Wrote:  If this is the last Season of Spooks ( and my opinion is that unfortunately it is) I just hope Kudos has been advised and can have the scriptwriters come up with a definitive ending rather than leave things to our individual imagination.

So many think it is clever to leave it "open" - I just hate that. I like everything cut and dried even if it is an ending I don't like!

I also think that this might be the last season... as it is only 6 episodes it means they have not got the budget for more than that..

I anyway hope for some good ending... dont want those open ending either... the worse nightmare ending would be that the whole spooks team are on some mission at some reception all dressed up and nice and in the building there is a ticking bomb.. and no one is aware of that... the bomb goes...7,6,5... and they they cut the film... THE END

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - lottanyman - 24-05-2011 07:32 PM

(24-05-2011 07:18 PM)richliga Wrote:  I also think that this might be the last season... as it is only 6 episodes it means they have not got the budget for more than that..

The fact that it's been cut to 6 episodes is more likely to do with the general budget cuts at the BBC. Haven't they shortened about everything compared to some years ago?
And also in that case you could've said the same when they were cutting down the series from 10 episodes to 8 after series 6. So this not really the thing I'm worrying about.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 24-05-2011 07:42 PM

On one hand, it could lead people to believe its the last Series because its only 6 Eps... but on the other, having only 6 episodes could mean that there would be a Series 11 with also 6 episodes... if of course the BBC commission it and they have the budget to do so. Remember there's still been no word from Kudos about whether S10 is the last Wink
Argh worst nightmare is for the last episode of the last Series to have an open cliffhanger ending. Outcasts did exactly that, but it was cancelled before the Series became any good, so that ended with a huge cliffhanger and only after it was aired did people really want to see more.
Good thing with Spooks is it already has a big fanbase and audience and good viewing figures, and it continues to attact viewers who will want to see more, then again it's all down to whether Kudos want to continue with it Wink

If there's going to the be an ending for S10, I agree it has to finish up everything, no cliffhanger, no open ending therefore leaving no room for a return Wink

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - richliga - 24-05-2011 07:48 PM

Well i cant see why Kudos would not want to continue. Well apart from that they want to maintain the same quality as the last couple of years and it can be challenging so they maybe think it is better to finish when they are still on the top rather than gamble and it lose it all... and i can agree on that.
besides is it mayor budget cuts at the BBC? ON Top gear they quite often mention BBC and its thick wallet.