Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Silktie - 30-07-2011 09:07 AM

This is pure speculation on my part:

I hope that the secret from Harry's past is not the main storyline of season 10. I would like it to be the catalyst to a bigger threat that has national security implications. I have always wanted to see Spooks tackle a storyline where a senior figure in government is exposed as a double agent. If the Russians are going to play a big part in season 10, and Harry's secret is somehow linked to them, this would work well. The exposure of Harry's secret could lead to the exposure of this bigger secret, perhaps as someone from Russia he has links to exposes it to Harry. We could also have the scenario of Harry's secret being used to impede his investigation into the double agent.

I think that was a problem with the Lucas 'secret from the past' storyline in season 9. We never knew about the bigger security implications until we were told what Albany was in the very last episode. Up till then it was simply all about Lucas and his struggles, which is too narrow. Spooks works best when the tribulations of the individual characters are closely interweaved with the bigger issue of national security - as was done so well in season 7.

Much as I love Harry, I don't want it to be simply about his survival/career/loyalty. I want bigger issues to be in play.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 30-07-2011 10:48 AM

I like your idea. I do not want Harry himself to be a Russian double agent and I do not think that Spooks would go that far. I just hope that Harry's secret has to do only with a possible youthful affair with a Russian agent. I am a bit worried that, according to the press release, Harry's secret threatens to destroy him and those close to him. Perhaps your suggestion might save his reputation if he has to fight this bigger threat to the national security.

In 9.1 we already had the treason of a high-ranking figure in the government. The HS might not have been a double agent, but he committed treason against the country and the rest of the world. It is true that that storyline was brushed over and perhaps in S10 Spooks will deal again with the bigger issue of national security. Series 7 seems to be your favorite series.

If we do not see this storyline in S10, at least, we non-writers can look forward to reading one of your fanfics. You will prove to Spooks that the interaction of the bigger issues of national security and Harry's secret can be dealt successfully.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 03-08-2011 02:22 AM

I'm taking some hope from the indications that s10 will be aired earlier than recent years in September. If the BBC are waiting for audience figures for deciding on a s11, then that gives Kudos extra time to get one together! Stabbing in the dark here with all this last ever series stuff again but until Kudos/BBC say it's so, well it isn't so!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Kazters - 03-08-2011 03:51 PM

i hope its earlyer than october/november after all s1-3 certainly aired may june time.. i actualy know nothing about this series really which im not sure is a good thing!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - watchstrap - 03-08-2011 04:45 PM

Last year S9 aired about the 3rd week of September, but S8 was November. Spooks was on Mon last year in the 9.00 slot. This is currently occupied by New Tricks which has 5 more eps to air, ending on 12th Sept. My money is on Mon 19th Sept for S10. Exciting!!!!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 03-08-2011 05:12 PM

(03-08-2011 04:45 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  Last year S9 aired about the 3rd week of September, but S8 was November. Spooks was on Mon last year in the 9.00 slot. This is currently occupied by New Tricks which has 5 more eps to air, ending on 12th Sept. My money is on Mon 19th Sept for S10. Exciting!!!!

For Spooks' sake, I hope you are right. New Tricks is rating very high on BARB - #1 last week - in that Monday 9pm spot. Popping Spooks in behind New Tricks will give it some momentum from the get go.

According to BARB, last year New Tricks was running during the same weeks and time slot as Spooks but on Fridays. New Tricks was BBC1's second rated drama - behind the Eastenders juggernaut.

There may be some method to Auntie's madness. Wink

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 03-08-2011 07:05 PM

(03-08-2011 04:45 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  Last year S9 aired about the 3rd week of September, but S8 was November. Spooks was on Mon last year in the 9.00 slot. This is currently occupied by New Tricks which has 5 more eps to air, ending on 12th Sept. My money is on Mon 19th Sept for S10. Exciting!!!!

Yay! My birthday! That would be soooo good!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - nothingisasitseems - 04-08-2011 05:39 PM

There seem to be quotes all over the place that this is the last Season.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 04-08-2011 07:05 PM

(04-08-2011 05:39 PM)nothingisasitseems Wrote:  There seem to be quotes all over the place that this is the last Season.

Ah, but remember, nothingisasitseems, nothing is as it seems. Silba

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Wink

I hear you, though. They are either letting us down very gently or someone has inferred it incorrectly. So far, none of the sources that I have seen are completely reliable. Until I hear it from an official Kudos announcement, I live in hope of it's continuation. Smile

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 05-08-2011 08:08 AM

(04-08-2011 07:05 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  
(04-08-2011 05:39 PM)nothingisasitseems Wrote:  There seem to be quotes all over the place that this is the last Season.

Ah, but remember, nothingisasitseems, nothing is as it seems. Silba

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Wink

I hear you, though. They are either letting us down very gently or someone has inferred it incorrectly. So far, none of the sources that I have seen are completely reliable. Until I hear it from an official Kudos announcement, I live in hope of it's continuation. Smile
I'm with you on this. It strikes me as a classic case of rumour becoming (misinformed) fact. Kudos has no reason to not make the announcement it would be in their interest to do so to create hype as they have done with Hustle. I firmly believe Peter and sam vincent that no decision has been made and it will perhaps rest on viewing figs ( so get people watching folks!) kudos may also be deciding if they can find material for another series. Won't all these "journalists" look silly WHEN s11 is announced Smile