Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 11-08-2011 04:40 AM

Pretty saddened by that. ANd I disagree too. I do see the neatness of 10 years and I see Jane Featherstone's points in some ways, but I do think there is still plenty of mileage yet.

I'm even more in despair that Jane thinks 'the hour' in anyway replaces Spooks. And Kudos have lost Hustle, by their own decision too. Perhaps the company is loosing their courage they are famed for (and I think money has far more to do with this than Jane is willing to admit)

I feel for all the actors who've given their talents over the years, especially PF and NW. And I disagree completely Jane - you will regret it and I don't doubt you'll miss it.

Very sad day indeed.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - pennyfeather - 11-08-2011 05:30 AM

Yes I admit money probably is a bigger part. I mean the fact that they can only churn out 6 or 8 episodes when America can do 23 or 24 is evidence enough. I really don't think PF or NW will feel in any way short changed by Jane's decision. Lets face it those two are continually busy with other projects whether it be plays or other TV shows or smaller roles in films. Yes they'll be saddened by the end of Spooks but mainly because its the end of something which they have loved so much to be a part of.
I only hope they get to work together again. Suicida

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - jacko - 11-08-2011 07:25 AM

(11-08-2011 03:10 AM)pennyfeather Wrote:  It seems that the Harry and Ruth story had a lot to do with it (maybe because in so many shows, once the leads become an item the stories lose their spark and driving force: think Bones or even X-Files) anyway its a hopeful thought to the possible future of PF and NW's amazing chemistry...i.e they will finally unite!!!
Intriguing quote: 'We've followed the arc of their personal story and I think they've brought us to a natural end"
Please let 'natural ending' be a good thing!

Please let 'natural end' be a good one
I think it is a testament to Peter Firth and NIcola Walker that Harry and Ruth have become the center of the show, after all none of that was scripted it was all down to their amazing chemistry.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - pennyfeather - 11-08-2011 10:17 AM

Yes it was them seeing something in their characters which the writers didn't see till much later. Amazing what looks and intonations can do between two talented and instinctive actors. Hope the 10th series does justice to them.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Jackdaw - 11-08-2011 10:36 AM

Totally agree Jacko and Pennyfeather.

Im devastated.

AngryConfusedUndecidedHuhThcussing

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 11-08-2011 10:39 AM

I was expecting that Series 10 would be the last series. I am more worried about the words of executive producer Jane Featherstone.

I hope that the natural end does not mean the emotional separation of Harry and Ruth. I want the arc of their personal story to imply a logical and happy ending. I do not wish to witness another tragedy befalling one of them or both of them.

Kudos should be grateful to the fabulous chemistry and acting of PF and NW. Spooks would not have lasted that long. The end of Spooks will be the loss of Kudos. As mentioned by other fans, PF and NW will always find new roles. I also regret that I will not see again star British guest actors and unknown foreign guest actors. The great revelation of Spooks was not the fast-paced action but the amazing acting.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Beatriz - 11-08-2011 11:49 AM

I didn't want to believe it, but in some way I also thought this was the last series of Spooks. Reading the confirmation is sad though, very sad. Sad

I hope it gets the proper ending it deserves. Looking on the bright side, knowing this before airing, I think they can do a better job with this last series. Rather than knowing after, I mean writers, of course, not us.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 11-08-2011 11:55 AM

Very sad to read that its been confirmed but it was expected. Its is worrying to hear the words "Natural ending"... what could that mean? whats natural? Hmmm
Anyway, I think we should sit back and enjoy this last Series, and lets hope that Harry and Ruth get a good ending, and Spooks goes out with a memorable ending Smile x

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - pennyfeather - 11-08-2011 08:10 PM

Forever Seceret where'd you get that picture of harry and ruth holdng hands on that hol. Im sure ive never seen it in any of the epidodes so far? Please tell me its from series 10.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 11-08-2011 09:24 PM

Yes, its from Series 10! It was in the Article in the Sun newpaper today Wink And was in an online article too.
Bigger version here Wink http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/Tombraider93/OMgthepic.jpg

Now idea whats going on, just speculation here but Harry looks upset, surely it's not a goodbye scene, and its a weird setting as well... not the usual Spooks setting