Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - yorkshiretyke - 09-09-2011 05:20 PM

check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0153b3h

Spoiler: show
harry and Ruth at the Ball/party together and Harry with short hair....Happy happy happy

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 09-09-2011 05:48 PM

Series 10 Spoiler: show
A loss of faith between Harry and Ruth because of Elena does make more sense to me than a renewed romantic involvement between Harry and Elena. I do not understand why Harry and Ruth have to go through so much to enjoy a true love story. As a regular Spooks fan, I do not expect "Ruth riding in on a unicorn to marry Harry in a white suit". I know that the writers have a wicked sense of humor, perhaps even more so when one thinks of the urban definition of "unicorn" (one learns a lot on Twitter and in looking for synonyms).

Interesting point about the promotion. Since Ruth has gunned down an assassin, I hope that Towers will not promote her as a field officer. We know what that would lead to.

Sorry about the speculation but
In the BBC credits there is a mention of a young Sascha. How old is young Sascha? It might give us a clue whether young Sascha was conceived or born at the time of Harry's stay in Berlin. Before DNA testing, young Elena could have pretended that young Sascha was her husband's child if Harry was indeed the father. Young Harry might not have realized the truth, only "old" Harry got the shock of his life. It is interesting to note that there is a young Harry, a young Elena and a young Sascha but no young Ilya.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 10-09-2011 09:48 AM

On the BBC Spooks website, there is a great picture to go with episode 1.

It shows that Harry and Ruth are at this glamour event together after all. Of course, it looks as though Ruth is STILL wearing black, but never mind, at least we get to see her dressed up.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 10-09-2011 11:22 AM

I am going to suggest another twist to Harry's past. It might be wishful thinking, but why not?

Has anybody thought that Harry might be a victim of his past? Young Gavrik might have asked his wife Elena to spy on Harry by seducing him.

The regimes of the former Eastern Bloc forced their citizens to spy on each other. Spouses, children, colleagues or professionals were monitoring each other. The movie "The Lives of Others" ("Das Leben der Anderen") explores this theme and perhaps Spooks is doing the same. I wonder whether the possible seduction of Harry by Elena was documented in the German Stasi archives at the request of the KGB. East Germany and the Soviet Union were close allies. The archives were open to the public after the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. Perhaps Ruth will be able to track this information and help Harry defend his reputation.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 10-09-2011 11:57 AM

Series S10 Spoiler: show
Anyone else seen the new trailer on BBCOne? from what the Twitter world has heard its not looking good for Harry and Ruth in 'that' department since someone said "Is Harry kissing some one else other than Ruth"... ew.... I think I'll be over here... being sick *waves* Wink)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 10-09-2011 12:18 PM

That's ridiculous. Talking about a kick in the teeth.
How can Kudos do that to their faithful fans? I really don't feel like watching Spooks anymore if it is true. The only hope is that trailers do not always reflect the episodes themselves. Boy, was I wrong in my speculations, if that is true!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 10-09-2011 12:30 PM

Series S10 Spoiler: show
trailers can be misleading.... but I hope to God that Harry has NO interest in Elena what so ever, perhaps she's trying to seduce him. If they make so sort of love triangle then that is a mockery of Spooks and of Harry and Ruth's relationship!
*Crawls under rock and cries*

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - lottanyman - 10-09-2011 12:40 PM

I bet the trailer is misleading - just think of the trailer last year for the episode in which Ruth gave Harry the message about the Grid being compromised, everybody thought or hoped there would be movement in the H/R story but none of that.
And Elena is "still" married to the foreign ambassador, I suppose this has all to do with her thinking Harry has asked her again to spy on her husband and she maybe thinks Harry has still feelings for her...oh I don't know whatever. I'm just awfully excited for episode 1

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - The_Niece - 10-09-2011 01:38 PM

I've read on the newspooks forum there is a discussion ongoing about
Harry kissing someone else, as mentioned in the new ep1 trailer which could be found on the bbc1 webpage this morning. It is thought this "someone" might be Elena
However, it's like everybody seems to forget
Russian people is greeted by being kissed, either men and women!
So the writers might be intentionally ambiguous - as they usually are Wink

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 10-09-2011 01:55 PM

About
the kissing, I had the same thougth as you. I asked my husband, who has a M.A. in Russian, whether Russians kissed on the mouth when they met each other. He thought not, but I know that they greet each other by kissing. However, Harry is in England, not in Russia. Perhaps, it was just a Pavlov reflex for Harry...