Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tineke - 13-09-2011 10:53 AM

I'm feeling more and more anxiuos about series 10. Even though it's very tempting, I must stop reading (into) spoilers and watching trailers AND the clock on this website Wink
I feel I'm becomming a bit of an addict...

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - nothingisasitseems - 13-09-2011 11:09 AM

As others have speculated don't like the sound of this at all.

From Article in TV Times

Series 10 Spoiler: show
Peter Firth re. Ruth and Harry; "They do have a chat about retirement, but unfortunately something tragic gets in the way...........

It also confirms one thing we do know that "someone is coming back for this series".

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 13-09-2011 11:18 AM

Oooh dear... I just read through the article in TV and Satellite week and Peter has said
Series S10 Spoiler: show
"...past comes back to haunt him in the form of a Russian double agent who he was in love with and a painful secret he buried because it was too painful. It signals a new direction for Harry and Ruth and it may be too late too late for them proceed any further"....I feel a bit ill now

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Agent Acme - 13-09-2011 11:24 AM

Has anyone read the spooks piece in the Radio Times?

Now I am worried! Huh[/code]

Not sure how to do the spoiler bit, so I won't quote it.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 13-09-2011 11:59 AM

At least it seems that
Sascha is not Harry's son. What a relief! A press release has even hinted that Harry might be killed. There were rumors about Ruth's death on Twitter. Perhaps it was a smokescreen or perhaps both of them die in an explosion, hence the pieces of glass collected from the grid by Sam Vincent. Did we not see an explosion in the trailer?

I am relieved that Harry and Ruth are talking about retirement. I hope it is together and perhaps their relationship has moved on, despite Elena. I am wondering whether Harry had an idealized memory of Elena like people remember their first love. I do not understand the shot where Elena touches him and Harry did not seem that happy. Perhaps he was overwhelmed.

I hate the idea of Harry and Elena. At least they are of the same age. Do you not think that when we see Ruth, Harry and Elena together, we can really see the difference in age between Ruth and Harry? One newspaper talks about the old love (Elena) and the new love (Ruth). I love that picture where the three of them are together. The conversation must have been uncomfortable. Luckily for Ruth's ego or perhaps not, Towers seems to have taken a shine to her.

According to Digital Spy, it is Ruth who ends the relationship seemingly: "Does Ruth find out about this? "Ruth finds out in the first episode - I tell her. And it's the start of a new direction for their relationship." I always thought that she would forgive Harry a liaison even with a Russian spy. Perhaps there is more to it, such as leaking of classified information by Harry.

Can somebody explain to me why these reviews are so negative and up to now the only headline we saw was "...might destroy Harry and the WOMAM HE LOVES, RUTH"? What happened to the passionate kiss and the hand holding in the trailer? The reviews and the trailer clash. Was it intentional misinformation by Kudos? And what happened to the "consummation of their love"?What's going on?

The H/R relationship is so painful that it is truly unfair to the loyal fans.

Why is nobody reacting to these reviews? Are we all in shock?

For Agent Acme I think that you find instructions on how to put spoilers under Help. I always double-check my spoilers with Preview Post. I often make mistakes.
Are we getting mixed messages from PF and NW about series 10? What do you think?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 13-09-2011 01:57 PM

Ok the Radio Times article is a little concerning but we need to remember these articles are a mix of old ones recorded well before the decision to end the series, and more recent additional comments by the actors. From what I have read, there are a lot of contradictions in these articles. Therefore one can not read too much into them. There is a lot of miss direction in there. It's deliberate.

There is absolutely no point being hard on the writers here. Why do people think they know what happens to Ruth and Harry?? Hasn't anyone learnt anything by now from watching 10 years of Spooks.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 13-09-2011 02:55 PM

I agree that some of the articles were written early on and some later. I certainly do not blame the writers. They are just following orders.

I decided not to get too excited about H/R and try to enjoy the flashbacks during the Cold and the tricks of the spying trade. I worked for a European embassy in West Germany at that time and also traveled to East Germany. I am looking forward to Spooks' interpretation of the Cold War. I also worked at a European embassy in Dakar, but my knowledge of Senegal did not help me too much with Lucas's arc!

I truly feel sorry for the loyal fans of H/R after 9 years. It just does not seem right. I do not understand Kudos's intention to misdirect the fans. I suppose that it's all about smokescreen and spooks.

We (at least I) have to remind ourselves that it is only a show, however good it is.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - yorkshiretyke - 13-09-2011 05:01 PM

This series is a six act greek tragedy with a profoundly tragic ending....quote by PF. Not sure I want to watch it now!Lets hope you is playing with us..

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 13-09-2011 05:42 PM

CLIP FOR 10.1 SPECULATE AWAY!!!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00kf9m4 Wink

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 13-09-2011 05:47 PM

Has anybody noticed that
we are lead to believe that Harry might be following the steps of Lucas by getting in touch with a former lover. According to the new BBC trailer, I might be wrong or perhaps not. It teaches me to speculate too fast. You should watch ForeverSecret's link.

The image of Ruth might be taking a beating too if she starts flirting with the HS. She must be no longer afraid of gossip, first the Head of Section, now the HS! Let's hope that NW was just joking.

I first thought that the Greek tragedy might mean that Harry or Sascha kill each other. It seems that Sascha is not Harry's son, unless the Elena/Harry relationship was not platonic. I still believe the tragic ending has to do with Ruth.

It is a little disheartening to read these reviews. At least we are warned not to expect too much from the H/R storyline. I suppose that we should try to enjoy the old-fashioned Le Carre spying and nothing more.