Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 13-09-2011 06:19 PM

Series S10 Spoiler: show
Actually I was thinking exactly the same thing... the difference being that Lucas's relationship all failed and his first love (Maya) wasn't part of his life in MI5, where as Elena was a part of Harry's MI5 career, and also Harry found his soul mate in Ruth, Lucas hadn't found his. All I can say it Harry doesn't look particuarly happy to be remembering his past when it comes to Elena, he looks guilty, its like he struggling to digest what he's done. We know that Harry's feelings for Ruth (Even though in Ian Wylies blog is says he denied his feelings for Ruth at the tribunal) still exist and we know that he loves her, and maybe Elena will see that for herself... still she seems like she's going to be despised character Tongue

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 13-09-2011 07:51 PM

An awful thought
Series 10 Spoiler: show
what if Ruth was holding Towers's hand?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - SPOOK91 - 13-09-2011 08:08 PM

See from the PF interview where he says that he wasn't "sleeping with the enemy" I got the impression that that means that in Peter's eyes Elena was not the "enemy" as she was spying for Harry, not that he didn't sleep with her. However, this is just a theory. I don't think all would be lost if he had slept with her, he has obviously been a naughty boy in the past (Juliet) and it didn't change the way Ruth thinks about him. Unless of course something happens, although I can't see it myself, in the trailer Harry looks pretty disgruntled by her touching him

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 13-09-2011 10:06 PM

Kudos and the BBC have got us all dancing on the end of a rope. They have been very clever with what has been released so far. Interview day was obviously during the filming of episode 3, when they hadn't even written the final episodes, so we cannot take what was said at face value. From what these articles all say, you would think that it's all doom and gloom. But on the other hand we have seen some positive moments from the clips the BBC have put together, which include the storyline from the whole series.

I refuse to write off Harry and Ruth, and I don't reckon they will kill off either. We have been told that there will be a conclusion that will satisfy the true fans of the show. I will keep my faith in Kudos and I will keep positive. The writers know what they are doing.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - lottanyman - 13-09-2011 10:22 PM

Wise words, Naivety! I'm keeping up the hope too. We all know from previous series that during the filming changes could be made and the end would not necessarily have been clear all the time so all comments from the actors have to be taken with a pinch of salt as even they did not know about the ending or maybe only had very rough outlines about it when making the interviews.
I still may have a suspicion how this will out turn out in the end but all things considered I'm not too desperate right now but will just wait and see.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - yorkshiretyke - 14-09-2011 06:44 AM

Just read this on msn interview

He said: "This series is a six-act Greek tragedy with a profoundly tragic ending. But there's an optimistic note to tell you that the fight isn't over." I much prefer this quote from PF, as I am clinging to the thought that the tragic ending is the show finishing and not a death. Plus the fight going on..him and Ruth together...more cake anyone?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 14-09-2011 08:20 AM

Peter Firth saying Harry won’t be killed off almost certainly means the opposite !
How depressing all of this is – it looks like Tariq and Ruth are going to be killed off. (Surely the writers are not going to make Harry to be the one to kill Ruth?) Harry’s character will be ruined and he will either be killed, commits suicide, in a mental hospital, in some foreign country, in prison or awaiting trial for treason (finish the series as we came in ?) See how depressed I am ! Ruth falling for Towers makes no sense at all and okay, if Ruth has made it clear to Harry they have no future, he may be upset enough to have a relationship with Elena.
Have great plots, action, have humour like we used to have, have Harry and Ruth being happy together (seen in small dozes but not as a major part of the series) and when it finishes at the end of ep6 make us sorry that Spokes has finished. Don’t leave us feeling let down, frustrated, irritated and grieving about Ruth and Harry!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 14-09-2011 11:06 AM

Harrbd: I could not have said it better myself. I am so depressed that I can barely watch the clip for Episode 1. I hope that things improved after Episode 2. What frustrates me is that there are so few episodes left to give us what we want .

Yorkeshiretike: I had the same reaction as you about PF's quote. I just hope that he was not thinking about a Spooks movie (!!!), in that case he would not die as Harry. Perhaps we are watching a tragic ending but it is a smoke screen. At the last split second there is a scene of Harry and Ruth both alive like the one of Ros at her first funeral. In his tweets Sam Vincent refers to ghost and zombie weddings? A hint or a joke?

I am grateful to Naivete for her explanation about the interview day for all papers in the middle of Episode 3. I now understand why there is such a mismatch between yesterday's reviews and the trailers. The papers' information should no longer be accurate and perhaps we should rely only on BBC press releases.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - nothingisasitseems - 14-09-2011 11:06 AM

Has Peter Firth a habit of misleading the fans with what he says?

I never really thought so.

However all I have read in the past few days from his interviews has left me depressed. I feel he has said too much about the plot.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - richliga - 14-09-2011 11:57 AM

Oh dear so much different speculations, I must admit that after yesterdays mags and everything I was in no mood at all to see, talk or think of Spooks... Seemed that even PF & NW was more negative of HR thing than ever before... but I like what some of u saying that Spooks is Spooks and it probably is no idea to read too much into what is said for several months ago...

But one thing is for sure it will be hell of a 6 weeks in front of us and i must go and buy some more tissues coz I am preparing for the most tragic and awful ending ever but hoping for the most wonderful one...