Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - watchstrap - 14-09-2011 07:59 PM

When I looked at those pictures of H/R, I wondered if they were taken on the Suffolk or Norfolk coast. There are sand dunes and I couldn't think of anywhere else apart from maybe Studland Bay in Dorset.
Looking at pictures of Dunwich Heath, some of the pictures remind me of the place Tom went swimming. This area would a great area for hassle free filming as during the summer most of the UK's beaches are tourist bound.
Just a thought, I wonder if Harry is due to depart off the east coast in a boat?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 14-09-2011 09:18 PM

(14-09-2011 07:31 PM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  arghh Just seen the trailer again, I feel sick rather than excited!

Do you mean the clip?

Series 10 Spoiler: show
If it is the case, is it the kiss between young Harry and young Elena that makes you sick? I think that Harry's flashback will be brief and once we see this scene during the airing, it will not disturb us so much unless it is at the very end of episode 1. After all, there is one hour of episode 1 and the BBC chose to show a very small portion of it in its clip. They want to shock us with this unexpected image of the kiss so that we are hooked and want to know more. I can't bear to look at it and will wait for the actual airing to make up my mind about Harry's reaction to his flashback.

Or is the full trailer that you find distressing? The full trailer gives me some hope because Harry's reaction to Elena. I just can't believe that we are going to watch another lost love storyline after S9.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - richliga - 14-09-2011 09:49 PM

(14-09-2011 04:09 PM)jacko Wrote:  someones just posted on twitter to watch out for the spooks ep featuring dunwich heath. Now ive looked it up on google and there are pictures. its the place where the promo pic of h and R holding hands was taken. the heath is descriobed as "wild and dramatic" very wuthering heights. What are Harry and Ruth doing there, its just open heathland. The lady - theresecoffey has also tweeted that the scene at the heath features "an old favourite is in it running across heath towards sea"

An old favorite running across??? Whoever that is I hope s/he DOES not ruin the moment for Harry and Ruth!!!!! Hope its Malcom running and saving the day! Wink)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Saerwen - 14-09-2011 10:04 PM

After watching the trailers and reading all that's on here, I am not exactly jumping up and down with excitement for new show, after the experience in Series 9 of Lucas character being turned on his head and the word continuity never entered either of the writers head, I don't think it bodes well for Sunday but I live in hope after a 10 series run justice will be done to the actors and viewers.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 14-09-2011 11:21 PM

If you read the Cult Box Series 10 Episode 1 review, I do not think that you can compare the storyline of Lucas with that of Harry.

It seems that Harry is in trouble because he does not follow orders and takes risks to get his job done. In S9 he decided to turn in Albany which he knew was inoperable to rescue Ruth. It’s nothing new to the viewers that over the last 10 series Harry has not hesitated to use unorthodox methods to get the job done and has encouraged his officers to do the same. We also know about his affair with Juliet and at least one Russian operative other than Elena.

Cult Box seems to imply that it is Harry's risk-taking that might have created potential problems for him. It is the reason why he was investigated after Albany. This pattern must have started during the Cold War and was surely known by his bosses. They must have encouraged it or at least accepted it until Albany. Harry must have made so many enemies during his career that they could not wait to destroy him when he was weakened by the Albany affair.

I am sure that Harry's bosses knew about his liaison with Elena and encouraged it during the Cold War. Unfortunately, times have changed and as the Russian ambassador said to the HS: "Harry is a dinosaur" which to me means that Harry's methods are outdated and have become a liability to the British government.

I am sure that we will witness some pretty unsavory deeds by Harry. It does not mean that his character will be turned on his head. I am not going to discuss Lucas and series 9. I just do not think that we can compare the two arcs.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 15-09-2011 03:38 AM

(14-09-2011 04:32 PM)Silktie Wrote:  My theory on the H&R storyline in season 10 is as follows:

When they wrote and shot the first three or four episodes, there was still a chance that this would not be the last season. As a result, they felt they couldn't bring H&R together this season, and set about putting all sorts of problems in their path. Hence lots of doom and gloom for the pair in the first few episodes. Then the decision was taken that this would be the last season, and they realised they better bring H&R to a point before the end. Cue a dramatic change and sudden rediscovery of their feelings for each other in the last few eps. We'll see them together for at least the last two or three episodes, before a final tragedy befalls them and it all ends in tears. Or, less likely, they get to have a promising ending.

I agree. I firmly believe they will have some screen time where they are together, the writers do seem to like this relationship. Whether they will get the happy or tragic ending is of course up in the air.

I keep reading how Harry is temporarily reinstated because he is needed. If his revelation is this big, when he is back temporarily, it may well be that it's the final behaviour the powers that be need to retire him off to end the series. I believe PF that they won't kill Harry.

I don't feel all the depression and doom and gloom. I am super excited. The actors are supposed to lead us a merry dance after all. I want to give it a chance to thrill me and take me on a journey, and keep an open mind about their vision. I agree with A Cousin - bring it!!! Can't bloody wait.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 15-09-2011 06:07 AM

(14-09-2011 09:49 PM)richliga Wrote:  
(14-09-2011 04:09 PM)jacko Wrote:  someones just posted on twitter to watch out for the spooks ep featuring dunwich heath. Now ive looked it up on google and there are pictures. its the place where the promo pic of h and R holding hands was taken. the heath is descriobed as "wild and dramatic" very wuthering heights. What are Harry and Ruth doing there, its just open heathland. The lady - theresecoffey has also tweeted that the scene at the heath features "an old favourite is in it running across heath towards sea"

An old favorite running across??? Whoever that is I hope s/he DOES not ruin the moment for Harry and Ruth!!!!! Hope its Malcom running and saving the day! Wink)

It's not Tariq again is it? Damn child is always interupting at the wrong moment!!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 15-09-2011 07:13 AM

Re the Cult Box article
also noticed the "temporarily reinstated" and also that once again it is mentioned that the Spooks ends with a "big bang"

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tess24 - 15-09-2011 09:33 AM

I think it's fair to say that Harry and Elena will not be Lucas and Maya because that was ridiculous and the producers can't have failed to learn from that mistake. Still I'm assuming Harry will be a little disgruntled about her arrival but it was a very long time ago and I don't think in the end it will amount to anything. Do we even know how many episodes Alice Krige is in? Is it all 6?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tess24 - 15-09-2011 09:33 AM

I think it's fair to say that Harry and Elena will not be Lucas and Maya because that was ridiculous and the producers can't have failed to learn from that mistake. Still I'm assuming Harry will be a little disgruntled about her arrival but it was a very long time ago and I don't think in the end it will amount to anything. Do we even know how many episodes Alice Krige is in? Is it all 6?