Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 15-09-2011 10:30 AM

Kudos can’t afford not to use the PF/NW chemistry till the conclusion of series 10, whether it is happy or sad. I wish that they had not scheduled their interview day so early in the filming so that we would have been spared all these mixed messages.

Series 10 Spoiler: show
For Harry, a fate worse than death, would be the loss of both his job and the love of his life. Perhaps the positive note PF referred to is Harry’s reconnection to his children.

Unless PF was interviewed at a later date, he could not be entirely sure that Harry would not die. That might be the biggest surprise of Spooks.

I believe that the Cult Box quote “an admittedly predictable (but undoubtedly interesting) plot twist” refers to Elena. The relationship of Harry and Elena is stressed at the beginning of S10 to shock us, but I do not think either it is the main focus. I was also wondering about the number of episodes Alice Krige is in. I think that Elena's husband and her son are in all of the episodes. Obviously, they play a major and dangerous role in Harry's life and that of Ruth.

To me the greatest revelation of series 10 is the impersonator. I can’t wait to find out who it is and to watch the old-fashioned spying.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 15-09-2011 11:14 AM

My sources tell me that the DVD release for S10 will be November 28th.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 15-09-2011 11:51 AM

Thank you for the great news. I can't wait to buy it.

If PF was interviewed during the filming of Episode 3, his script might have referred to

Sascha as his son. In the later episodes, it was revealed that in fact Sascha was not his son. Perhaps the reference to the Greek tragedy is no longer relevant by the end of series 10, unless it means it is too late for H/R to lead a normal life. However, I do expect "blasts" in the form of explosions and guns from Kudos.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 15-09-2011 02:20 PM

Thanks for the link about Episode 3.

Imagine Ruth and the HS having dinner together. Yuk, does Spooks really have to turn over the old plots in a twisted way? How can we forget Ruth and Harry in the restaurant. It was one of the hightlights of Spooks.

At the same time I do not blame Ruth if she wants to move on. It is possible that Section D suffered another death, I hope not Tariq. It is getting too much for Ruth and Harry's perceived silliness about Elena might push her toward the HS team. I can't believe that Harry is really serious about Elena. He must try to get information from her. He should know that Ruth is the real thing and that he felt only lust for Elena 25 years ago.

I think that the BBC press release for Episode 3 is misleading. It is the impersonator who is trying to destroy Harry with false claims about his professional conduct. If Ruth believes these allegations and accepts the HS's promotion, Harry might be devastated by her lack of faith in him. The impersonator reaches his goal of destroying both Harry and Ruth. Let's hope that Ruth still trusts Harry and accepts to stay on.

I do not believe either that the Americans are trying to attack the partnership of Russian and Britain. I am quite sure that it is Oliver Mace who is behind the impersonator. He is always trying to undermine the British government.

Why do we have to suffer so much before getting what we want? If it goes on like that, it might be too late for our two favorite characters.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - richliga - 15-09-2011 02:44 PM

WHAT IF...

Harrys impersonator is TOWERS.... thats why he wants to steal Ruth away.... Wink

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 15-09-2011 02:50 PM

(15-09-2011 02:44 PM)richliga Wrote:  WHAT IF...

Harrys impersonator is TOWERS.... thats why he wants to steal Ruth away.... Wink

I love it. The crazier the plot, the better. At this stage I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 15-09-2011 05:30 PM

(15-09-2011 02:44 PM)richliga Wrote:  WHAT IF...

Priceless!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 16-09-2011 11:54 AM

According to Mailonline, Harry finds it

hard to commit to Ruth. I suppose that a marriage proposal and Albany do not count as commitments. Yes, a proposal in a cementary is a sign of a fear of commitment. For once in the papers Ruth is the one holding the torch for Harry. Usually, the papers point out to the fact that his secret will destroy "Harry and the woman he loves, Ruth".

For Harry, the greatest tragedy would be to survive and for Ruth to die, when she finally decides to commit to him. Isn't there a talk of both retiring? He knows that he has hurt Ruth so much over the years and that he will never be able to give her the happiness they both deserve.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - richliga - 16-09-2011 03:13 PM

Yes I read that interview as well... have a feeling that some journalist have not even seen spooks before they write stuff.... I think Harry WAS ready to commit to her but it was bad timing as Ruth was still in grief... and now its probably Harry who will try to protect Ruth by NOT committing?

Yes and I agree with Beatrice about Harrys greatest tragedy.... Confused Well be ready for much of angst for Harry and Ruth... and seems even the rest of the section D will be affected by Harrys past... oh dear WHAT HAVE U DONE HARRY????

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 16-09-2011 06:55 PM

For those of you not familiar with the British press, the Daily Mail is otherwise know as the Daily fail. In other words - full of s***. I wouldn't give their article a second thought. (In fact, generally the opposite is true) In between the spelling mistakes that is Wink