Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 16-09-2011 09:53 PM

It is true that I am no longer familiar with the British press. As you said, it seems that the Daily Mail got it wrong regarding Harry's and Ruth's sentimental history. However, I fear that Spooks is no longer a drama but it's turning into a melodrama.

I strongly suspect that

Series 10 Spoiler: show
the clip with the passionate kiss between young Harry and young Elena suggests that Sascha is Harry's son. The Daily Mail seems to have got it right when they mention that Ilya did not know about Elena's and Harry's liaison. The probable discovery of the affair by Ilya and Sascha will lead to a nearly Oedipus-type tragedy. It will affect the Gavrik family and destroy Harry and Ruth either physically or emotionally. The only glimmer of hope is PF’s mention of a positive note. What it is, I do not have a clue.

I am happy to say that most of my speculations are wrong. Bring on Sunday and the incredible acting of PF and NW.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - yorkshiretyke - 17-09-2011 09:01 AM

Finally had time to go and by the TV magazines, I have read them all on here but had to have a hard copy to keep! I am so pleased they managed to get on the front cover of TV and Satelliete weekly..roll on Sunday.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 17-09-2011 09:50 AM

I like your optimism. It's the way to go.

But I can’t believe that the writers who gave us the imaginative plot of

the impersonator would come up with the so cliché idea of Sascha, the son of Harry. A positive ending to Spooks seems farfetched. A plausible ending to Spooks would be the death of Ruth and the retirement of Harry. A clear-cut ending to Spooks would be the death of Harry as improbable as it might seem.

What gets me is the conversation between Harry and Erin about their children. Poor Ruth, at least she is not present. It would break her heart to remember Nico. I wonder whether the writers put in that scene so that we are shocked at the revelation of another unexpected son Harry.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 18-09-2011 09:24 AM

Just a last minute thought on the trailer
that shows Harry kissing Ruth and also Ruth saying "This can't be the end". I've always thought that this was about their relationship later on in the series but I wonder if it is the scene where Harry tells Ruth that he is being kicked out and somebody else is taking over. Harry kisses her as it is his last chance and walks away. Ruth is talking about the job when she says "This can't be the end" and cries.
??

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 18-09-2011 09:24 AM

Can someone tell me what Ruth says before "This can't ......"

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 18-09-2011 10:02 AM

I think that the scene might take place

on the beach after Harry kisses Ruth, leaves her and she cries. He might go undercover to track down the impersonator. I do not believe it is at the beginning of the show. According to a review, the investigation lasts only 5 minutes and then we see Harry on the grid with Ruth and his team.

An even worse scenario would be that Ruth says these words full of anguish in 10.6 and both of them are in some kind of danger. I am thinking about the scene in the trailer where it seems that Harry is dragging Ruth in some corridor.

I heard only these words from Ruth, nothing else. The audio is very ambiguous on purpose and could be related to any scene.

We will soon know whether you are right or not.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 18-09-2011 10:39 AM

(18-09-2011 09:24 AM)harrbd Wrote:  Can someone tell me what Ruth says before "This can't ......"

It should be "No...No Harry 'this cant be the end'" Wink

(18-09-2011 10:02 AM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  I think that the scene might take place

on the beach after Harry kisses Ruth, leaves her and she cries. He might go undercover to track down the impersonator. I do not believe it is at the beginning of the show. According to a review, the investigation lasts only 5 minutes and then we see Harry on the grid with Ruth and his team.

An even worse scenario would be that Ruth says these words full of anguish in 10.6 and both of them are in some kind of danger. I am thinking about the scene in the trailer where it seems that Harry is dragging Ruth in some corridor.

I heard only these words from Ruth, nothing else. The audio is very ambiguous on purpose and could be related to any scene.

We will soon know whether you are right or not.

Series S10 Spoiler: show
I think you're right, the scene where Harry kisses Ruth is connected to the scene where he's seen walking away from her. I'm not sure if it's the beach scene, you can see the background where Harry kisses Ruth it could be the beach scene, it looks like the same setting where Harry's walking away, Ruth's wearing the same coat as the kiss scene, makes total sense Tongue
I really hope that isn't Harry dragging Ruth in the corridor, it would mean Ruth can't move which means she's hurt Sad
It'll be interesting to hear what the last lines of S10 will be Wink

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 18-09-2011 11:18 AM

Harry gave away Albany for the love of Ruth. He knew that Albany was worthless. What if

Harry gave away a secret for the love/lust of Elena and it contained some damaging intelligence information that cost the lives of innocent people?

History repeats itself, but this time at a terrible cost. Perhaps lives were lost then and lives (Ruth, perhaps Harry) will be lost now.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 18-09-2011 11:32 AM

(18-09-2011 11:18 AM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  Harry gave away Albany for the love of Ruth. He knew that Albany was worthless. What if

Harry gave away a secret for the love/lust of Elena and it contained some damaging intelligence information that cost the lives of innocent people?

History repeats itself, but this time at a terrible cost. Perhaps lives were lost then and lives (Ruth, perhaps Harry) will be lost now.

That, to me
is more something that could tear them apart, given the stance he took with George. I hate your other theory about Sacha, even though you now seem very convinced of itSmile I hope the writers have stayed away from that. I also fail to see how a son would hurt Ruth personally. She has always known he had a tarnished personal life.

We'll soon know and for now, I'm going to sit back and let the writers lead me to their vision.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 18-09-2011 11:47 AM

(18-09-2011 11:18 AM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  Harry gave away Albany for the love of Ruth. He knew that Albany was worthless. What if

But if
Series S10 Spoiler: show
Harry had traded away something like that for Elena in the 80's to save her surely he would have been kicked out of MI5 if he traded away a state secret again when he traded Albany away for Ruth. Also they would've taken a more serious punishment out on him because Elena was a Russian spy, even if she was a double agent.
MI5 would have found out if a State Secret had gone missing during the Cold War surely?
I can't see it happening, Ruth was the only one he's ever traded away a State secret for Wink