Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 22-09-2011 12:20 PM

I am thinking about the old face.

Series 10 Spoiler: show
I wonder whether MM would take again the role of Tom, who had a conscious breakdown in The Sleeper and with whom we could sympathize. The same could be said of KH or HS, who to us are the good guys.

If Tom, Zoe or Malcolm turn out to be the impersonator, would an actor accept to change his character from good to bad? It would be easier for Connie, Tessa, Juliet and Mace to come back. We expect them to be bad.

It might be the shock of Tom, Zoe or Malcolm turning from a good person into a bad person that Kudos has in store for the impersonator.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 22-09-2011 03:10 PM

FATBOY - interesting theory but
I don't see Erin as a CIA plant. She's got too much to lose and secondly she seems too much in awe of Harry and in need of his approval. I agree about some of the mistakes you've highlighted. Shows her inexperience to me, rather than treacherous intent. Her look at Collison to me is about acknowledging she killed a man (and I think she's not so experienced at that. Remember Zoe and Danny's reactions to killing the guy on the ferry? Not all the spies are Ros or Adam where death is concerned.

Callum is just cocky and inexperienced.

I think the blood group info could well have been Sacha, perhaps he has used it to determine his paternity due to recent suspicions/discovery of his mother's actions. One of the reasons he didn't shoot Harry at home perhaps? But Erin wouldn't have picked up on that, because she doesn't suspect that angle.

Not sure at all about what Coaver's agenda is. He could well be a smokescreen. Perhaps it's Ilya who contacted him?

But there has to be a CIA double cross somewhere, or it wouldn't be spooks Wink

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 23-09-2011 04:17 PM

For everyone having a mild panic attack about the last post not being linked from the thread list:

I'm pretty sure it's a caching issue and it will catch up/update itself eventually.

If it doesn't, then I will investigate further. Thanks. Smile

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Scarlet - 23-09-2011 09:31 PM

Well, I still can't see the latest posts but hopefully this will show up at some point soon Smile I just read an interview with the writers of this series - from earlier this year and one of them said
They'd love to have Hugh Laurie return. I remember someone saying Hugh Laurie was in London this spring, so I wonder if Jools Siviter might be making a guest appearance at some point? He was in MI 6 so would fit with the Russia storyline and apparently served there in the past.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 23-09-2011 09:56 PM

Dont' you think that he is too suave to be a baddie. Or perhaps they want to go back to the characters of series 1

which would include Tessa. Perhaps Tessa and Jools band together against Harry.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 23-09-2011 10:12 PM

I reckon the old face is
Jools, because Hugh Laurie was in London during the main part of Spooks filming. He was here to promote his new Blues album, but he would have had time to do a cameo. Plus Hugh Laurie is a massive name, even more so in America I believe.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 23-09-2011 10:43 PM

If something happens to
Tariq in 10.2 or 10.3 could the old face be Malcolm? We really do not know whether the old face is a good person or a bad person.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 24-09-2011 10:26 AM

(23-09-2011 10:12 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I reckon the old face is
Jools, because Hugh Laurie was in London during the main part of Spooks filming. He was here to promote his new Blues album, but he would have had time to do a cameo. Plus Hugh Laurie is a massive name, even more so in America I believe.

I would be shocked if that were true. Like MM his career has really launched since Spooks so why would he do a cameo? It just doesn't make sense. It's not like he was on the show for ages and really fell in love with it.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - FATBOY - 24-09-2011 12:43 PM

Dear Loladom,

Interested to read your reply …

Yes certainly Erin appears to be very much in awe of Harry and very boned up on his career, she knew that Gavrik was his opposite number in Moscow for instance.

I'm not an expert but my understanding is that blood group is not a very reliable indicator of parentage unless it's a very rare one and even then not conclusive proof.

Notice also there is a very brief shot of Erin looking very concerned when Harry challenges Callum about filing the message 'low priority'. I agree Callum is most likely naive and innocent, but did he file it on Erin's instructions?

I think I'll stick with the theory for now at least, time will tell. Can't wait for the next episode.

Happy speculating

Regards

FATBOYSmile

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 24-09-2011 01:09 PM

You are right. Only a DNA blood test or a DNA swab will prove the paternity of a child nearly 100%. It is what is done in the USA to prove the paternity of a child. Also in the USA the blood group of a child is neither tested at birth nor during its childhood. In case of an accident, the blood group is tested at that moment. In Europe it's different.

I like Calum. He acts like a typical young man in his mid-twenties. If he is up to mischief or not, I do not know. I loved his code of Papa Bear and Mama Bear for H/R. I found it very funny and shrewd.