Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 24-09-2011 07:04 PM

Don't know if this is the right thread but - Just wondered if anyone thought it strange that the opening sequence includes the series 9 shot of Harry on the rooftop (waiting for Lucas / John). If it is odd, do you think there is any significance in it ?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Scarlet - 24-09-2011 07:54 PM

Re: Hugh Laurie, I agree with you Naviety (am I allowed to disagree with Nitrus?! Smile

Series 10 Spoiler: show
If they asked Hugh Laurie to do a cameo and he was around, maybe he did. The fact he is a huge star these days might well add to the kudos (no pun intended) of the show, especially when selling it abroad to the U.S. etc. He seems like a down to earth, decent bloke despite the stardom

We'll see - I'm usually completely wrong on my predictions anyway! Siviter if I remember correctly, was never outright evil was he? Not in the same way as Mace or Juliet. I'd prefer Juliet to return as I think Anna Chancellor was fantastic in that role - she does evil/backstabbing characters very well I think. She also played a snotty cow in Jupiter Moon years ago (if anyone remembers that?!), and was good Smile

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tess24 - 25-09-2011 03:14 PM

Jim Coaver is definitely more than just a bit dodgy. You don't get thrown out the back of a moving van for being a nice guy!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Scarlet - 25-09-2011 03:49 PM

Yes, Coaver reminds me of Bob Hogan. Good actor. Unlike the last CIA officer....

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 25-09-2011 06:08 PM

(24-09-2011 07:54 PM)Scarlet Wrote:  Re: Hugh Laurie, I agree with you Naviety (am I allowed to disagree with Nitrus?! Smile

If they asked Hugh Laurie to do a cameo and he was around, maybe he did. The fact he is a huge star these days might well add to the kudos (no pun intended) of the show, especially when selling it abroad to the U.S. etc. He seems like a down to earth, decent bloke despite the stardom

We'll see - I'm usually completely wrong on my predictions anyway! Siviter if I remember correctly, was never outright evil was he? Not in the same way as Mace or Juliet. I'd prefer Juliet to return as I think Anna Chancellor was fantastic in that role - she does evil/backstabbing characters very well I think. She also played a snotty cow in Jupiter Moon years ago (if anyone remembers that?!), and was good Smile

I would prefer it to be Juliet, as I love Anna Chancellor as well.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Betty - 25-09-2011 09:27 PM

Maybe the guy who plays Coaver is a good actor from a British perspective, but to an American he sounds like somebody who learned to speak English from watching old John Wayne movies! Nobody under 80 talks like that here. I think/hope the baddie is going to be Elena--a double agent actually-- and that Ruth will have to rescue Harry from her. Seems like Kudos would have cast Alice Krige in this part bec. (not in spite of the fact that) she's most familiar as the Borg Queen.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - kmac82 - 26-09-2011 12:47 AM

I desperately want the ultimate baddie to be Oliver Mace. I will absolutely s**t a proverbial brick if he shows up on my screen!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - kaytea411 - 26-09-2011 12:57 AM

Pure Speculation...... (spoilers for 10)

I've not read all the threads [yet], but anyone else think it's possible that it wasn't just Harry running Elena in the 80's, but Elena (ie, Ilya) running Harry too? or at least Elena running Harry now?

I think Ilya knows. His innuendo of 'being unfaithful' upon meeting Harry at the party, while Elena stood between them. Plus, it was Ilya's request that granted Harry his reprieve. The selection of words by the Home Secretary that same evening... 'intertwined'.... seems a bit odd as well.

Coaver appears to be the villain behind Harry's/MI-5's trouble -- but could be a red herring. A bit obvious for spooks
Elena could have been lying about her 'Harry' contact. It may not have been anyone -- just her (and Ilya) working the process to get Harry involved.
Wouldn't Sascha make the perfect manipulating tool (whether he really is Harry's or not, Harry thinks so).....and or course Harry is now complicit in the murder of an FSB officer.

Not to mention the silhouette accepting the stolen briefcase in Tariq's surveillance video was a dead ringer for Elena.

My hopes are for Ruth to solve the plot and introduce more revelations by reviewing Harry's (and Coaver's) files. I hope for another confrontation between Harry & Ruth (one he can't dismiss). I thought Harry was awfully cold towards her (a set-up for her upcoming HS dinner/interview, no doubt).

Like all good speculation -- this is probably rubbish.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Gold Cormorant - 26-09-2011 01:26 AM

Well, after 10.2, I've only firmed up my suspicions of the coming firestorm. There's just too much history behind
Harry and Elena that I can't believe it's all over. I'm imagining Ilya suspected his wife's apparently irresistible charms could win Harry over (or that she was having the affair) and turned her to report on Harry way back when. I wouldn't be surprised if both Gavriks were behind the whole "dirty up MI-5" campaign à la Mr. and Mrs. Joyce.

Also find I'm liking Sasha quite a lot - the writers have given him just enough of a Harry-ish personality to make me almost accept the Russian lovechild storyline. Almost...

And, although I'd be terrified to see how it would all happen, I also wouldn't be surprised if there was a final showdown where Harry has to choose between the death of Elena or of Ruth. He'd choose Ruth, obviously, but that may upset the Elena fans... Smile

Off to worry pointlessly until next Sunday...

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - FATBOY - 26-09-2011 08:36 AM

Well guess the question of the moment is who is attacking MI5?

I would guess it's a state. The Russians or the Americans, maybe both? Maybe an independently minded British intelligence service (particularly section D) has become an inconvenience to both of them. Maybe the real new relationship is between America and Russia.

No real evidence to support this at the moment except that Gavrik is still being driven round London in a car with US diplomatic plates.

Will have to watch again on iPlayer.