Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - xxgaylexx - 30-09-2011 07:15 AM

i really hope so they really are playing hard to get aren't they!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 30-09-2011 10:46 AM

When I heard that Erin had a daughter, automatically I thought
Series 10 Spoiler: show
that she could be kidnapped. I found it too farfetched to happen. Well, I was wrong

Poor Erin! The worst nightmare for a mother. I wonder whether Harry is going to save her daughter and the other child at the expense of thousands. No wonder he sent Ruth away to the HS. The kidnapping would have reminded her too much of Nico. I don't think that Harry could have coped with Ruth begging him to give in to the kidnappers.

Below I would like to correct my last speculation since I cannot correct it directly. The thread won't allow me to do it.

I am not quite sure of the sequence of the events. I suppose that Ruth might have still been on the Grid when Harry managed to save Erin's daughter from her kidnappers. It is only after that success that Harry asked Ruth to join the HS so that she would not witness the kidnapping of Jim Coaver. What do you think?

Not only we have the kidnapping of Erin's daughter, but also the attempt on Elena. Episode 4 is going to be a nailbiting episode.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 30-09-2011 01:03 PM

Think that
Harry will kiss Ruth when he tells her to take the HS job offer because he is going to do something that will finish him one way or the other. She cries after the "goodbye kiss".

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 30-09-2011 06:50 PM

We have never seen the interaction between Sasha and Ilya.

If Ilya has known for a long time that Sasha is the son of his worst enemy, I admire him for having raised Sasha as his own. It would be interesting to find out when Ilya learnt about the paternity or what he will do when he discovers the truth.

My favorite speculation is that he knows that Sasha is not "Harry's son".

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 01-10-2011 07:35 AM

In the opening sequence there is a shot of a radar screen with a moving car / van targetted on it in red. Is this from a previous series or could it be connected with the car chase?
Just wondering about whether Elena is good or bad etc and
have gone back to Witt in the opening part of ep 1. Correct me if I'm wrong but - He tries to get in touch with Harry and then sends a message (via the library) to Harry that Elena is in danger. How does Witt know? Anyway this implies that Witt believes she did spy for Britain and is still good. Witt is obviously scared stiff and with good reason. As he starts to write another note to Harry (I guess as same paper) he gets killed. Somebody wants to stop him passing on what he knows to Harry. Who knows that he has been trying to speak to Harry? Calum for one. Was Witt set up to get Harry involved or did he really know where the danger was coming from? Why didn't he go to MI5 anyway when he couldn't get Harry - was it because he doesn't trust them?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 01-10-2011 11:05 AM

Harry must really trust
Elena if he sends Ruth to talk to her alone. We know all about Ruth's track record in the field.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 01-10-2011 12:02 PM

I don't really think
Series S10 Spoiler: show
That it's because he trust's Elena, but because he trusts Ruth instead. Ruth is the only one who knows about Harry's past with Elena and Sasha, she's the only one he can truly trust, but that could make Ruth feel as though she's being used. Poor Ruth.
Elena has no choice but to be trusted and considering its not much field work just a meeting Ruth won't be in too much danger,
Harry needs to know what Elena's hiding about the partnership, and exactly what she told the impersonator and if he goes, either they wont have enough time, or Sasha will get involved again, it makes the situtation impossible, but Ruth could be classed as a clean skin regarding Elena, she has no personal involvment with her directly other than knowing about her and Harry and Sasha and Elena's not really a danger to Ruth is they meet in a public place.
I might be the only one who think that Elena will not physically hurt Ruth, she doesn't seem jealous and acknowledges that Harry loves Ruth even though she's only seen them together once. If Elena wants to hurt Ruth she'll use Harry to do it, perhaps that contributes to the Ep5 PI, where Ruth is working for the HS. I fear more that Sasha will hurt Ruth to get to Harry if he ever finds out Harry's his father.
Now looking back at Ep2, we saw Harry was cold towards Ruth about Sasha, but thinking today I actually understand that he has a good point. "There's nothing to be done, there never has been, I've tried"... yes he may have tried, but he couldn't possibly put Sasha in danger, if he'd done anything for him it would've put him in danger. And now there's nothing to be done, Sasha is an adult, and telling Sasha the truth would destroy him, even Elena say "I can't destroy that he thinks he's Ilya's son"... but the way Harry spoke to Ruth (especially after the step forward in Ep1) was unfair on her when she was trying to force to him to talk about it, because he needs to talk to someone. A secret bottled up for years, it all just pours out in the end, and now Ruth is the only one he can talk to, even he said that however he refuses to talk about it, Harry just seems very confused...
Ahh typical, Episode 1 it seems like they'd moved forward... one step forward 50 steps back Sad

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 01-10-2011 01:24 PM

After seeing NW's answers to the questions I have changed my mind (AGAIN !) about the scene where Harry kisses Ruth. I now think that this will be in ep 6 and that Ruth is crying because she knows that Harry is going to die. I am convinced now that he will die after all the comments people have made and the fact that 1) Harry has no future in MI5 and he has made it clear that he didn't like being suspended / retired 2) his chat with Erin about all you have to give for your country. I think that he will die a hero saving his country / other people which would be the best end if he can't live happily ever after with Ruth !
It also makes me wonder, that if Series 9 had been the last, if Harry wouldn't have died taking Lucas / John off the roof top with him. There are rumours that PF had to go back and re do that scene.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 03-10-2011 02:01 PM

Following on from Silkties comments in the episode 3 thread, here is my best guess to what is going on. This is just from my own jumbled mind and is not based on any spoilers.

I think Ilya is in cahoots with those Russians we saw at the start of 10.1. This is all basically a big KGB/FSB plot. Ilya knows his wife was a spy but loved/loves her. He has been forced to activate her again. Ilya has already proved what a good spy he is when dealing with Martha. For the plot to suceed, the best, being Harry Pearce needs to be taken out as well as British intelligence's focus. Distract Harry, and you distract the whole team. It's classic miss-direction. The attempt on Ilya's life was set up by him. The woman in the CCTV was very clear. She is being used by the Russians and ILya knew they would trace her back to CIA. Ilya would know about the ballet and it would be easy to make it look like the CIA. Why though is the question? Is it all just an overt way to get secrets out of the British?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 03-10-2011 02:56 PM

(03-10-2011 02:01 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Following on from Silkties comments in the episode 3 thread, here is my best guess to what is going on. This is just from my own jumbled mind and is not based on any spoilers.

I think Ilya is in cahoots with those Russians we saw at the start of 10.1. This is all basically a big KGB/FSB plot. Ilya knows his wife was a spy but loved/loves her. He has been forced to activate her again. Ilya has already proved what a good spy he is when dealing with Martha. For the plot to suceed, the best, being Harry Pearce needs to be taken out as well as British intelligence's focus. Distract Harry, and you distract the whole team. It's classic miss-direction. The attempt on Ilya's life was set up by him. The woman in the CCTV was very clear. She is being used by the Russians and ILya knew they would trace her back to CIA. Ilya would know about the ballet and it would be easy to make it look like the CIA. Why though is the question? Is it all just an overt way to get secrets out of the British?

Or simply good old fashioned revenge for being cuckolded? Setting Coaver and the CIA up is the added bonus given his involvement with Elena. Getting the old friends to kill the special relationship of themselves, their security services and their governments.Plus getting Harry out of the way and weakening MI5 in general would give greater power to the Russians in the deal. Ilya is certainly smart enough to pull off your plan, which is very plausible.

I'd be a bit disappointed if this is what it's all about though. I want something more. I remember feeling that about the Lucas/John story though, I wanted something more complex than what we got.