Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 12-10-2011 10:58 PM

Poor Harry. He should have resigned in 9.1. Without Ruth's guidance, he is losing it.

According to RadioTimes, Episode 5,

Series 10 Spoiler: show

"Towers is right in the thick of this penultimate episode when he confronts Harry Pearce over a spectacular error of judgement that has a most unfortunate outcome. Poor Harry – you can see that everything is slipping from his grasp: his job, his son and any hope of a future with his beloved, loyal Ruth."

I am sure that Kudos will not demolish Harry's character the way they did with Lucas. Harry is going to redeem himself in episode 6, let's hope not to the detriment of Ruth.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 12-10-2011 11:05 PM

I resent the indication that Harry depends on the guidance of Ruth. He's not some needy teenager who needs lots of attention to keep him happy.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 13-10-2011 12:20 AM

We must have a different experience with needy teenagers. The ones I know do not need lots of attention to be happy, since they live in their own world.

No, Harry is worse than a needy teenager; he is a needy middle-aged man. He is in the middle of a midlife crisis that has been going on since series 9. Even PF has acknowledged it.

Harry knew that he was doing something very wrong

by kidnapping Jim Coaver, his friend, and by indirectly killing him.

and that's why he did not want Ruth to witness it and stop it.

Whatever Harry does, he can do no wrong. I do not understand this reluctance to admit Ruth's beneficial influence over Harry.

By the way, I watched the very interesting Vimeo video, Spooks Access All Areas, by Riddler, re series 3, which was really a great series.

"According to the narrator, we found a hidden romance between Harry and Ruth. PF and NW are convinced that Harry and Ruth have a love that will never speak its name. According to NW, they are actually deeply attracted to each other and in love with one another. Now it's PF talking: The writers thought it was rubbish. They did not see it. But we see it and play it very understatedly. You would not know it unless you are receptive to this kind of things."

Perhaps some people are more receptive than others...

For your information, I love both Harry and Ruth. And if you had read the rest of my post, you would have noticed that I said that I believe that Harry would redeem himself in episode 6.

Only two more episodes to argue with me!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 13-10-2011 01:31 PM

(13-10-2011 01:26 PM)loladom Wrote:  http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s120/spooks/news/a345389/spooks-lara-pulver-geoffrey-streatfeild-few-of-us-will-survive.html

OMG watch this clip! They don't actually give any spoilers away but they talk about H&R and they hint at the obvious about 2 other characters
Erin and Dimitri get it on! Lots of other stuff they said to comment on, so I'll take it over to rumours thread.

Thought I'd pick this up here.
"We don't all survive" very telling? Who else is going to die? I think both Jim and Illya die. Perhaps Dimitri?
Re H&R - could we dare hope for a happy ending as they said "if fans aren't happy, nothing will make them so?'' And Erin realises in the last ep just what they mean to each other.

Thoughts on the interview anyone?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 13-10-2011 02:10 PM

Thanks for the great link.

After reading Cult Box spoiler-free review for episode 5

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/reviews/episodes/2130-spooks-series-10-episode-5-spoiler-free-review

and listening to the interview about Erin, Dimitri and Calum, I really do not know what to think.

Episode 6 seems more optimistic for H/R than episode 5. Harry might be able to clear the accusations against him, perhaps organized by the impersonator, either Elena or Ilya.

I can't imagine who is going to die. Jim Coaver is already dead. Perhaps Elena or Sasha. It's possible it is Ilya, because it seems to me that he was shot according to a Twitter picture. But I am not quite sure about that. I hope it is not Ruth. I think that Harry will survive with tremendous guilt, if anything happens to Ruth or Sasha.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 13-10-2011 04:05 PM

(13-10-2011 02:10 PM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  After reading Cult Box spoiler-free review for episode 5

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/reviews/episodes/2130-spooks-series-10-episode-5-spoiler-free-review

re: Harry and Ilya share a vodka. Can't wait! Yahoo

I will not speculate. Just anticipate. Cool

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - scully6 - 13-10-2011 04:36 PM

Regarding the Dimitri/Erin spoiler, I wonder which episode she meant, because they were interviewed on the 7th October (when the awards were held), and she said in Sunday's episode sparkage occurs. Maybe she meant the almost kiss when Dimitri brought her daughter back in the episode on the 9th?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - nothingisasitseems - 13-10-2011 05:54 PM

(13-10-2011 04:36 PM)scully6 Wrote:  Regarding the Dimitri/Erin spoiler, I wonder which episode she meant, because they were interviewed on the 7th October (when the awards were held), and she said in Sunday's episode sparkage occurs. Maybe she meant the almost kiss when Dimitri brought her daughter back in the episode on the 9th?

I think that referred to E4.
(13-10-2011 01:31 PM)loladom Wrote:  
(13-10-2011 01:26 PM)loladom Wrote:  http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s120/spooks/news/a345389/spooks-lara-pulver-geoffrey-streatfeild-few-of-us-will-survive.html

OMG watch this clip! They don't actually give any spoilers away but they talk about H&R and they hint at the obvious about 2 other characters
Erin and Dimitri get it on! Lots of other stuff they said to comment on, so I'll take it over to rumours thread.

Thought I'd pick this up here.
"We don't all survive" very telling? Who else is going to die? I think both Jim and Illya die. Perhaps Dimitri?
Re H&R - could we dare hope for a happy ending as they said "if fans aren't happy, nothing will make them so?'' And Erin realises in the last ep just what they mean to each other.

Thoughts on the interview anyone?

I've listened to the interview a couple of times and can't decide whether she says "few of us" or "A few of us" will survive - because it makes a big difference.

When she says "us" is she referring to the cast in general or just those on the Grid?

So it doen't really make anything clear!

The inference to H & R would make you think it does end well but my current theory (I keep changing!!) is that it will be bittersweet - they will agree on a future together then it will end by being blown aoart.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 14-10-2011 07:17 AM

Didn't think it sounded very positive as far as
Ruth and Harry are concerned because they (Calum and Erin) give the impression (to me anyway) it isn't them that die.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 14-10-2011 10:16 AM

In the BBC Spooks preview for episode 6 I am dreading this sentence

"As the ultimate spy, Harry will surely avert a national disaster, but not without the greatest personal sacrifice he has ever known."

It must be either Sasha or Ruth whom Harry has to sacrifice. Out of love Ruth would allow him to have her killed. Is Sasha in the plot or if he is killed, will he die innocent? Poor Harry.

If Sasha turned out to be a cold-blooded plotter and if he had been play acting the whole time, I would like him better. He would be more like a son of Harry. It was difficult for me to accept him as a son of Harry when he was volatile and bratty before episode 6. I suppose that, as usual, my speculation is totally wrong.

I would not be surprised if Elena is in the plot. I hope that Tom is not involved wit her. Tom must be helping Harry and Ruth. He liked Ruth a lot and had a great sense of conscience.