Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 14-10-2011 06:58 PM

I think it is quite possible that
Series 10 Spoiler: show
Tom may have been turned bad. I may have remembered things incorrectly but he had quite a traumatic time, shot and could have killed Harry, was so disillusioned with MI5 that he tried to sabotage a mission and was decommissioned. Nobody knows what happened to him and some Agency could have got hold of him. Hope not but it seems more plausible than him returning to save the day? Did Harry say something like "we will never met again" or something when Tom left ?

I'm wondering if some other power is trying to make the British, Russians and Americans destroy themselves with each suspecting the other. Whatever happens I hope that Harry saves the day. (I don't care who he has to kill as long as it isn't Ruth.) As the grand finale comes to a close and Harry looks around him I hope that the final ever scene is Ruth reaching for his hand.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitsirk - 14-10-2011 07:43 PM

I'd say that all signs continue to point towards a dead Harry.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - nothingisasitseems - 14-10-2011 11:00 PM

Now that we know who the returning old face is things get more complicated.

Can we be sure that Tom is "friendly"- mightn't he be out for revenge?

I'm beginning to see a lot of parallels between the way Harry has been set up and how Tom was in Series 3. In that case Tom might be getting help from someone inside the Grid.

Harry has to make his "greatest personal sacrifice" which many are assuming is a choice between the woman he loves and his son but might'nt it be that to "save" both of them he sacrifices himself?

To me that would be a terrible ending but it's heading that way.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - beatrice4ruth - 15-10-2011 01:21 AM

You might be right. I hope not. The sentence is vague enough to imply that

either Ruth, Sasha or Harry will be killed. It could also be Harry and Ruth or Harry and Sasha. Elena might be too on the chopping block. It seems to me that Ilya dies earlier either in episode 5 or 6. According to LP, few or a few will survive. It might imply that not only members of the grild will die but also the Gavriks. It is so depressing.

I do not think that for Harry "his greatest personal sacrifice" is his death. He must welcome it. After all, he is going to lose his job and might end up in jail. It must be somebody he loves, either Ruth or Sasha.

NW and some reviews give us some hope that the H/R fans will be happy with the ending. It is so baffling that it is really hard to speculate.

Who could help Tom on the Grid, if he is bad? I think that Tom is too young to have known about Harry's Cold War past. The younger members of the grid are way to young. The Gavriks knew about Harry's past, but obviously they need some British intelligence aid. It must be somebody of Harry's generation. I am hoping that Tom is back to help Harry. He was seen by a Spooks fan near the field where Harry and Ruth were standing.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - daphne - 17-10-2011 02:07 PM

.. I'm new here and.. probably not alone in already mourning the ending of such a wonderfully engaging, spectacularly entertaining show!

episode 5 (of series 10) made me steel myself for one eminently-possible-now outcome: The Sacrifice will be Harry's own life- to save that of country, and son (Sasha) and love (Ruth).

I don't want that! the ridiculous child in me wants years of bliss, in retirement, with Ruth, on the seashore in Suffolk..

HA.

the silver lining to the other, of course, is that Harry would die vindicated. completely vindicated. and rightly so- without a hint of discredit to his name- a hero. unsung-except-within-MI-5 hero.

maybe Sasha will be a new MI-5 recruit (!) and work alongside Ruth. that would be soften a (tiny) bit of the sting of losing Harry-

am countin' the hours till the cliffhanging is over.
yet -perversely- wishing to prolong that things 'not be over'..

it's hard to admit one still wants fairytales, albeit of a more adult theme/kind!

years of bliss with Ruth are probably laughably impossible--

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - loladom - 17-10-2011 04:37 PM

So far I have resisted a thought many hold but now I'm really afraid that
NW's idea of audacious is to kill off Harry. I can't shake the feeling. With the hand holding clip in ep6 between H&R it seems they're setting us up for them to run off into the sunset. Except HArry will have to do one last thing first....and that will be his last thing. Surely they wouldn't give us the ending in the clip? Surely if they run off to Suffolk, that would've been kept under wraps? Can't shake the thought!
Hope I am very very wrong. Alternatively the
hand holding scene comes before the part he threatens (or takes?) Sacha's life with Ruth watching. Memories of George, seeing Harry so ruthless- perhaps she turns him down after all.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'll be glad when this is over! Can't take the suspense!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - lazyme63 - 17-10-2011 05:42 PM

I keep wondering whether...

Someone will fake their death - like when we thought Roz was dead and she wasn't. Maybe Harry with think Ruth is dead but she actually isn't - like she's wearing a stab vest or something unnoticable. Just an idea - they haven't done it in a while and it would be a good twist.

Do we actually see harry kill Sascha in the clip or are we just meant to think that? I remember thinking a lot of stuff we saw in the end of 10.4 clip for 10.5 was properly twisted round to how it was actually shown.

Also, I saw one of Ian Wylie's tweets to someone saying that they'd edited the trailer for 10.6 since he'd seen it (or that's how I read it as) - so maybe they decided it was too 'give away'.

Lastly, Lots of reviewers keep mentioning the last few minutes. Like in a specific way - I wonder whether it skips some time at the end. Otherwise, you would generally say 'i like the ending'

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Naivety - 17-10-2011 06:51 PM

Series 10.6 Spoiler: show
I discovered due to a very indiscreet tweet today that the returning character is Tom Quinn who runs some type of private agency. Which got me thinking that the ending would involve Harry and Ruth going into hiding so that they can live together under a protected identity. Perhaps their death is faked with an explosion on the grid, and then they disappear. Perhaps we as the viewers are led to believe that they have died, but at the end they turn up sitting in a street cafe in Madrid or Rome.

Lots to ponder.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - lazyme63 - 17-10-2011 06:56 PM

(17-10-2011 06:51 PM)Naivety Wrote:  
Series 10.6 Spoiler: show
I discovered due to a very indiscreet tweet today that the returning character is Tom Quinn who runs some type of private agency. Which got me thinking that the ending would involve Harry and Ruth going into hiding so that they can live together under a protected identity. Perhaps their death is faked with an explosion on the grid, and then they disappear. Perhaps we as the viewers are led to believe that they have died, but at the end they turn up sitting in a street cafe in Madrid or Rome.

Lots to ponder.

That would fit in with my theory. I'd also be quite satisfied with that ending. Do we know if

he's definitely coming back as a private agent? I assumed he would be brought in as an ex-M15 officer rather than because he's a private agent. Maybe it's an unintentional reunion.

All this time i've been certain that the writers/kudos wouldn't end it on a sad note/cliffhanger because at the end of the day they want the viewers to be happy. I'm starting to wonder if i'm wrong, but i'm trying to stay positive!

Hmm...I should stop speculating and just be patient!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - dodef7 - 17-10-2011 07:19 PM

I'm new to the board, come across this at the end of series 9 and have popped on weekly to see what everyone thinks of s10. For what its worth, i reckon that....

The writers want Tom's return to look like he's connected to the Russian ringleaders of the plot. The photo in the article with the misty background looks similar to the scene in episode 1 in Russia. This, along with Tom being involved in private security would point to Tom being involved at some stage.
However, i feel thats too obvious for Spooks! I reckon Tom may have been kept on as a sleeper agent by Ruth after he left MI5 without Harry's knowledge and will be used to kill the Russian gang near the end of the episode, im probably way off though!