Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Silktie - 27-01-2011 04:04 PM

The Ruth/Dimitri speculation is a result of Max Brown saying in an interview, when asked whether his character has any love interest, that there was a short thing with Ruth but that Harry soon put a stop to it. As nothing like this happened in season 9, speculation is that it was perhaps edited out. Personally, I think it was just Max Brown's idea of a joke and that there was never anything between the two characters, and I don't expect anything to come of it in season 10 either. It'd make Ruth look pretty callous if they let her have a relationship with a another team member, right in front of Harry. Plus, it's too soap opera like for me, so I hope they don't go there.

Interesting suggestion about Ruth believing Harry was wrong in what he did, and not doing anything to help him. That would certainly be different from what most people expect.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - nothingisasitseems - 28-01-2011 03:09 PM

I couldn't see a Ruth/Dmitri relationship in a million years!

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 28-01-2011 03:24 PM

(28-01-2011 03:09 PM)nothingisasitseems Wrote:  I couldn't see a Ruth/Dmitri relationship in a million years!

Well, after Series 9, I would say that anything is possible.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 28-01-2011 04:00 PM

If anything was on the cards for Ruth and Dimitri, I don't think I could watch it, I like the Ruth/Harry moments too much...and I don't think they could ever make Ruth that cruel.
Always thought Beth and Dimitri might start something, coming into the series around the same time, both Junior officers, Wink
But I do love Dimitri as a character and would love to see him become more involved in S10,
and get Beth more involved as well, I saw some people didn't like her tha much, perhaps its because we didn't see enough of her Wink

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 29-01-2011 02:35 PM

Too many couples forming will make it become too much like a soap opera. In my book, colleagues are OK.
(27-01-2011 04:04 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Interesting suggestion about Ruth believing Harry was wrong in what he did, and not doing anything to help him. That would certainly be different from what most people expect.

This could very well be where it is heading. Taking the facts as they stand at the end of 9.8, Ruth has no idea that Albany was a fake. She still very much thinks that Harry gave away the lives of 1000's just for her. I don't think she could actively work against him, but she would certainly be brutally honest with the facts as she knows them. Why would anyone but Harry tell her it was a fake? It is still a state secret and being used as a deterrent, just with the Chinese in on the "joke" now. Her need to know status has not changed.

I would kind of like her to twig onto the fact that it couldn't work on her own. I was a bit disappointed that she didn't figure that out immediately. I forgave her because of the stress of the situation and who was telling them what it was, but surely she'd figure it out sooner or later?

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Annie - 29-01-2011 05:21 PM

Maybe Ruth really doesn't know much about neurology and genetics? She seems like a "social sciences" person. On the other hand, the widespread idea that "brilliant people use their brains to think logically" seems to have been tossed out the window the moment they decided Nicholas Blake was a traitor. As we know, it didn't get any better later.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 29-01-2011 05:21 PM

I agree that Ruth doing nothing to help Harry would be interesting. In fact what if she takes it upon herself to "help" him on his way? What I mean is, she sees what it is doing to Harry and her, and feels he is better off out of the service. She thinks she is helping him. But in some way Harry fights his way back to the Grid, and his personal relationship with Ruth is as distant as ever as he believes she just wanted rid of him. Perhaps a bit soap opera but would make the rest of the series interesting to watch.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Annie - 29-01-2011 05:38 PM

I kind of wish Ruth and Harry would just have a big old fight where they toss pride and dignity to the wind and just let out all their pent up anger. It would be really entertaining. Smile Hey, they show is all about conflicts; let's see an honest face-to-face blow-up between main characters, rather than all the lying and backstabbing there has been so much of.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Kazters - 29-01-2011 07:58 PM

i agree annie its been a long time comming! i imagine s10 will have lots of fights! ohh i do love it when Harry Gets Angry

i think we forget that ruth isnt as old as she looks i think the way she dresses ETC make her seem olfer but i thought she was mid 30s perhaps late 40s

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - xzibit_m - 30-01-2011 11:47 PM

I'd say Ruth is easily 50 becuase she actually looks the same sort of age as my mum.. And i don't want all these relationships within section D that'll just get cringy, and too much like a soap opera as someone before mentioned.