Spooks Forum
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation (/thread-1402.html)

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - expat - 31-01-2011 12:23 AM

Oh, my. Well, Nicola Walker is about 40, which I believe is also the age Ruth is intended to be. Harry is, after all, an older man...

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Silktie - 31-01-2011 06:03 AM

Ruth is most definitely not in her 50s. According to her character bio, she should be in her early forties now if we take it as definite that each season represents about a year in normal time. Harry is in his late 50s.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 31-01-2011 06:54 AM

Ruth is 40 Exactly isn't she? *Reads Personnel files*
Yep, DOB for Ruth is 29.04.1970 which makes Ruth 40 exactly, Wink
Harry is 57... so that's a 16-17 year age gap between them Tongue Wink...

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - xzibit_m - 31-01-2011 04:19 PM

(30-01-2011 11:47 PM)xzibit_m Wrote:  I'd say Ruth is easily 50 becuase she actually looks the same sort of age as my mum.. And i don't want all these relationships within section D that'll just get cringy, and too much like a soap opera as someone before mentioned.

(31-01-2011 06:54 AM)Forever Secret Wrote:  Ruth is 40 Exactly isn't she? *Reads Personnel files*
Yep, DOB for Ruth is 29.04.1970 which makes Ruth 40 exactly, Wink
Harry is 57... so that's a 16-17 year age gap between them Tongue Wink...

i guess my mother can take that as a complement!

however i still think ruth looks older, but maybe its the way she is with the clothes e.t.c not sure Confused

i would of said harry is between 50-60 yea

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 31-01-2011 05:04 PM

I *think* I remember hearing/reading that in its inception, the character of Ruth was supposed to be around 5 years older then NWs actual age. On my DVD set of S1, Harry is listed as 52 - a few years older than PF was at the time. I think over the years, and certainly be the time the Personnel Files were written in 2006, TPTB have just accepted the actors' actual ages as the ages of the characters.

Oh, dear! What does it say about me that I think Ruth looks much younger than 40? I guess it means that I am 44 and only wish I looked that good! Tongue

I don't want to see them locked in a room fighting it out. That is not in either of their natures. I do think it would be cool for them to go out in the field together though. I don't *think* that they have ever been co-operatives in the field before? In that way, they would be forced to deal directly with each other.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - FATBOY - 02-02-2011 09:30 AM

OK here's a controversial prediction for S10

Series 10 Spoiler: show
Ruth will turn out to be a Chinese agent

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Fidget - 02-02-2011 10:11 AM

Bite your tongue

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - HellsBells - 02-02-2011 12:30 PM

Possible, she did have a Chinese asset in series 8, when no one else seems to be able to recruit the Chinese.
Only joking.......I would hate Ruth (or anyone else) to be a double agent, that's already be done.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 02-02-2011 12:34 PM

(02-02-2011 12:30 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Possible, she did have a Chinese asset in series 8, when no one else seems to be able to recruit the Chinese.
Only joking.......I would hate Ruth (or anyone else) to be a double agent, that's already be done.

Geesh I would hate that too, can't they just have good people stay good? Why does everyone have to be sketchy to be interesting or complex? I like Ruth just the way she is, smart, intelligent, and compassionate.

But then again, with the sketchy way these writers have been writing when it comes to characters, I can't say I will die of shock if they were to do this to Ruth.

RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Forever Secret - 02-02-2011 03:03 PM

Ruth ....a Chinese agent? Oh please NO!
I don't think I could stand it if she were! It would destroy her character (Not like thats ever happened before *cough Lucas cough*) Wink

And I don't think Ruth could be a traitor, she is far too compassionate and loyal... then again as you said BravoNine, the writters could think different, I wouldn't be surprised either they did make Ruth out to be a Chinese agent, but I don't think there would be many Happy bunnies if she were

Seems like quite a few new characters come in has had a time where they've been a traitor, or not all they seem to be at some point, Beth (in 9.2), Lucas (Double agent for the Russians in S7), Adam (Threatening to give Ben the information on the train bomb in S6) and even Ruth back in S2 was sent as a mole by GCHQ, other than Lucas all the good characters did turn out to be good in the end Wink