Spooks Forum
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes (/thread-1404.html)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 14-03-2011 01:26 PM

That does sound very promising for 8 episodes.

Didn't NW mention something about the possibility of their only being 6 episodes when she was questioned backstage at Seasons Greetings some time ago? She certainly could have been wrong and things may have simply changed. However, the thought did occur to me that maybe she is only contracted for 6?

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Kazters - 14-03-2011 03:41 PM

ohh 14 does sound promising! oh they film nothing up here in inverness that i could go looking for ;( only thing you see here is karen gillian shopping in tesco with her mum!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Belle - 14-03-2011 04:40 PM

Do the actors actually know how many episodes there will be? I've read on different occasions that they film the episodes randomly and sometimes more than one at the same time, so maybe they decide how many episodes there will be when they get all of the footage?
Wish that I could visit the UK while they are filming, however Smile

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 14-03-2011 05:39 PM

From what I have been able to pick up from DVD commentaries, they film each series more or less in chronological episodic order but each episode is not necessarily filmed in chronological scenic order. Each Director takes two episodes back to back, so Director A gets 10.1 & 10.2, Director B gets 10.3 & 10.4, etc. Within their two episodes they film it in whatever order they need to. Not randomly. There's a schedule. You can't move all the actors, technicians, equipment, etc on a whim.

That aside, I do think KUDOS knows exactly how many episodes they have to make before going into it. It's a budgeting thing. The actors may or may not know for certain. Its not their job. Their job is to act. But I tend to think that they do know.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - lottanyman - 14-03-2011 06:48 PM

Is it usually known at this point of the shooting if there are any new actors? How was it last year when Max Brown and Sophia Myles joined the cast, when was this made public?

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Forever Secret - 14-03-2011 09:36 PM

A lot I guess is kept a secret until after filming, unless of course someone is spotted on set Wink I don't think any actors (Other than the Team) have been announced yet other than Russell Balogh and thats only known because he's been talking about it, Wink
A Cousin, that's true Smile Episodes are filmed in blocks aren't they? Something like, Episode 1&2 directed by someone than Episodes 3&4 by someone else ect, but it's not filmed in chronological order Wink

(Some mentioned him earlier too) But if you follow Russell Balogh on twitter he seems to be tweeting quite a bit about S10, at least the episode he features in, without giving away any Spoilers other than he's Russian Wink Very interesting, he's posted a few pics from filming as well Smile
He posted this earlier Smile
http://yfrog.com/gya7qnij

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - MrsHat - 14-03-2011 10:33 PM

(14-03-2011 06:30 AM)Silktie Wrote:  You should also take a basket of eatable goodies along on your forays to ferret out Spooks shooting - remember PF saying in one interview all the money goes into making the programme and there is no money left for lunch? Offer them food, maybe someone'll let something slip about plots. Wink

Kudos have some brilliant caterers who do some gorgeous food Heart Angel

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - expat - 15-03-2011 12:39 AM

Tea Lady, can I send you some sandwiches to help with your espionage? Either that or a basket of muffins...

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - JHyde - 15-03-2011 04:08 AM

A Cousin, we definitely knew about Max and Sophia prior to the filming starting last year. That was how we got onto Max's twitter account before it was shut down.

It was also, if I recall, pretty much the confirmation of the show being renewed.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - lottanyman - 15-03-2011 08:20 AM

As for the supposed 14 weeks of filming this sounds quite promising to have 8 episodes but I've just checked the series 9 filming threads and back then they definately started a little bit earlier around mid/end of February and filming wasn't completed until July.

So this makes a difference of about 4 or 5 weeks more compared to today’s schedule, doesn't it? Huh Still hoping for 8 episodes, though…