Spooks Forum
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes (/thread-1404.html)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - AnnieJane - 19-03-2011 11:16 AM

Max posted this message on his facebook wall last night:

"Yeah we started filming on Sunday, Your going to love this series!"

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Sporadico - 22-03-2011 04:37 PM

A set pic from Twitter... sadly you can't really see anything Dodgy Where's my magnifying glass? Wink

@Jm1976 Filming for spooks today at the scoop by city hall London! http://twitpic.com/4c375d

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Naivety - 23-03-2011 06:55 AM

It's difficult to tell, but is that Ruth on the stone bench on the extreme right?

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - JohnSpook - 23-03-2011 07:24 AM

(23-03-2011 06:55 AM)Naivety Wrote:  It's difficult to tell, but is that Ruth on the stone bench on the extreme right?

Could be, with Max Brown in the blue shirt just on her left?

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 23-03-2011 07:50 AM

Why can't these people take decent photos? Anyway, if you ask me the chap in front of the bloke in the blue shirt looks like he is wearing a wedding suit. Long tail and grey trousers. Wink

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - jacko - 23-03-2011 08:00 AM

And are those flowers behind the blue shirt guy? And wouldn't city hall be a wedding venue?

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 23-03-2011 08:38 AM

(23-03-2011 08:00 AM)jacko Wrote:  And are those flowers behind the blue shirt guy? And wouldn't city hall be a wedding venue?

I'm not 100% but pretty sure this is where Mayor Boris works so I think it's a working building and not licensed for weddings. Could that shorter bloke be Tariq in wedding suit? Also the chap behind the cameraman looks like Elvis Wink

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - picard1109 - 23-03-2011 11:05 AM

The thought of using London City Hall for weddings is amusing Smile- here's a photo of it. It's nicknamed "the Headlight", for obvious reasons.

For those not familiar with the area, it is often used for filming, as it's right on top of the river and there's some other interesting architecture around. It's close to Tooley St. (which is also popular for filming - Spooks, A2A and Hustle have all used it), plus Tower Bridge.

Geography lesson over!Wink

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 23-03-2011 02:01 PM

(23-03-2011 11:05 AM)picard1109 Wrote:  The thought of using London City Hall for weddings is amusing Smile- here's a photo of it. It's nicknamed "the Headlight", for obvious reasons.

Question from the colonies: Would you be able to have a civil marriage service in other city halls in the UK? Just not London's? You can in the US. Not a big wedding per se, but a civil service presided over by the city clerk.

What a cool building! One of the things I really like about Spooks is that those of us unfamiliar with London get to see something more than Big Ben and Buckingham Palace. Thanks, picard!

As for that photo - jeepers! Who knows!?! The short bloke does look to be wearing a fancy suit but he has a hat on? And not a top hat. I am not certain the blue shirt bloke is Dimitri - the hair looks too dark. That could just be due to lighting and angle though. I am not certain those are flowers behind them. When I zoom in, it looks to me like a person with a handbag and clothing. They are definitely looking at someone but not the woman in the tan coat. Someone has had their caffeine fix for the day! Look at all those cups on the front of the bench!

Nice to know Elvis is alive and working in London though. Tongue

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - picard1109 - 23-03-2011 02:51 PM

(23-03-2011 02:01 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  
(23-03-2011 11:05 AM)picard1109 Wrote:  The thought of using London City Hall for weddings is amusing Smile- here's a photo of it. It's nicknamed "the Headlight", for obvious reasons.

Question from the colonies: Would you be able to have a civil marriage service in other city halls in the UK? Just not London's? You can in the US. Not a big wedding per se, but a civil service presided over by the city clerk.

Yes, you can - the town hall needs to be registered as a wedding venue, and lots of them are. We also have what are called 'Registry Offices", where people are married by a Registrar in a civil service and lots of these are tagged onto town halls. Lots of other venues and spaces are registered for weddings, and you just hire the registrar. You can even get married in London Zoo!