Spooks Forum
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes (/thread-1404.html)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 05-04-2011 07:10 PM

(05-04-2011 01:42 PM)malcontent Wrote:  They're filming Spooks in Hornsey Town Hall in Crouch End as I type. I've never been excited about any filming going on there until now!

Thanks for the info malcontent. You can do a virtual tour thing on the townhall website. It didn't work on my old PC though, but it certainly could be a court case venue JHyde or venue for the inquiry maybe? If they have spent 3+ days there filming, it must feature pretty significantly in the opening episodes.

http://www.eyerevolution.co.uk/tours/hornsey-townhall/

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - langley - 05-04-2011 07:15 PM

Thanks for posting the virtual tour, Tea Lady! I like how they have tours of the gents' toilets. That's important. One doesn't like to get caught off guard.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 05-04-2011 08:07 PM

Question: Is this a location they have used before?

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 05-04-2011 08:17 PM

(05-04-2011 07:15 PM)langley Wrote:  Thanks for posting the virtual tour, Tea Lady! I like how they have tours of the gents' toilets. That's important. One doesn't like to get caught off guard.

Spooks do like their mens toilets though, remember 7.1? Perhaps we will have a Harry and err...Towers moment in the gent's this time? If Harry's spent some time in jail already, he may have the tattoos too Big Grin

(05-04-2011 08:07 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Question: Is this a location they have used before?

I can't really see the pictures that well A Cousin to say yes or no. I don't recognise the name of the venue though and it certainly has not appeared on the "Locations" thread before.
Just checked twitter and there are a couple of tweets saying this venue is being used as some sort of KGB location. Interesting that they used "KGB" and not "SSB." Flashback? Who knows though. Smile

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 06-04-2011 01:57 PM

A photo taken today outside Hornsey Town Hall. Can't really see much but hey ho. Thanks to Hugh at Haringay online for allowing me to post it.

[Image: 52897c6b.jpg]

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 06-04-2011 02:45 PM

Thanks, TL! (And Hugh) For the pic and the answer to my question. I thought it might be the same place they used for Zoe's trial in 4.6, but I don't think it is. I hope they are scoping out new locations.

Hornsey Town Hall does have a slightly run down institutional kind of feel to it, inside and out, doesn't it? The foyer in particular is incredible! So many textures and the skylights give it a lot of natural light. The building itself looks 1930's to me. The council chambers could use with a re-upholstering but if they are using it as a KGB location, that may only lend itself to the overall feel.

The use of the term KGB would indicate to me that whatever the scene is, the time period is prior to 1991 and prior to Harry being Section Head. Perhaps during his time as Section Chief?

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - MrsHat - 06-04-2011 04:55 PM

Second pic of the town hall:

[Image: photo.jpg]

Vueltasss

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - HellsBells - 07-04-2011 03:31 PM

It all looks rather 'municipal' doesn't it?

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Naivety - 14-04-2011 09:07 PM

I've got no idea how reliable this is but there is a tweet from 'DanMechan' saying that they've been filming today in Manchester. No photos or details though.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Byatil - 14-04-2011 10:00 PM

(14-04-2011 09:07 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I've got no idea how reliable this is but there is a tweet from 'DanMechan' saying that they've been filming today in Manchester. No photos or details though.

Reckon you could ask where abouts? If they're here again on Friday I might have a chance of doing some Spooks-stalking Angel