Spooks Forum
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes (/thread-1404.html)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - thunder road - 18-04-2011 02:25 PM

Apparently filming in Peckham today. On Rye Lane outside the White Horse pub. Haven't seen it myself but has been confirmed by a couple of people.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 18-04-2011 05:01 PM

The Manchester thing was not true. I have it on good authority. Probably was something else being filmed.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Forever Secret - 18-04-2011 06:30 PM

Didn't really trust the Manchester thing, Why would they be Filming in Manchester?, Usually it would seem no matter where the episode is set its mostly and nearly always shot in and around London... unless there's some kind of landmark or setting they need for a reason that suits the episode.
Think the only time they moved was to film in Moscow for some of S7 and for S8 where they filmed in Majorca for the scenes set in Cyprus, can't remember any other time they've not filmed in or around London Wink

I wish people would post pictures when they see filming, then more speculation can begin haha Wink

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 21-04-2011 01:54 PM

IMDb is listing Alrick Riley as the Director of 10.1 and 10.2. If true (it is IMDb after all), this makes me happier than I can express. I love his work. For points of reference: Alrick Riley directed 3.9, 3.10, 4.3, 4.4, 6.9, 6.10, 8.1, 8.2, 8.5 and 8.8. So thanks for that KUDOS!

Now if I hear that Rupert Walters is writing an episode, I will be in 7th heaven!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - langley - 21-04-2011 04:41 PM

I love all of the directing on Spooks and never noticed the differences among the different episodes, but I trust your judgment, A Cousin. You are obviously a connoisseur! I just notice in general how much better the directing is on Spooks than on 24. (And the writing and the acting.)
I can't WAIT to see Alrick Riley's 10.1 and 10.2!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - watchstrap - 21-04-2011 08:55 PM

(18-04-2011 06:30 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  Didn't really trust the Manchester thing, Why would they be Filming in Manchester?, Usually it would seem no matter where the episode is set its mostly and nearly always shot in and around London... unless there's some kind of landmark or setting they need for a reason that suits the episode.
Think the only time they moved was to film in Moscow for some of S7 and for S8 where they filmed in Majorca for the scenes set in Cyprus, can't remember any other time they've not filmed in or around London Wink

I wish people would post pictures when they see filming, then more speculation can begin haha Wink

There have been a couple of other out of London episodes; the one with the anti-abortion lady from the US (Sting's old wife, can't remember her name?); the one involving young muslim radicals in a mosque.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Forever Secret - 21-04-2011 10:08 PM

Ahhh Birmingham for 2.2 and Liverpool I think for 1.1, but were they actually filmed in those cities? I thought they may have been set in different places but filmed in London...

Filming has been spotted from some people on Twitter, but like always at the moment they haven't gotten any photo's Sad

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 22-04-2011 08:54 AM

Nor were they in Scotland to film the old Home Secs whisky/ey tasting session with Harry. That was somewhere in the SE of England. I also don't think Kudos' budget stretched to the Indian Ocean in 8.8 to film submarines and aircraft carriers. Smile

Shame there are no photos about. It wouldn't surprise me though if some found their way onto the net soon like last year when Kudos *coughs* I mean hotel, released some well taken photos, which sent us all into overdrive. Smile

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Goldrush70 - 22-04-2011 11:30 AM

(21-04-2011 01:54 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  IMDb is listing Alrick Riley as the Director of 10.1 and 10.2. If true (it is IMDb after all), this makes me happier than I can express. I love his work. For points of reference: Alrick Riley directed 3.9, 3.10, 4.3, 4.4, 6.9, 6.10, 8.1, 8.2, 8.5 and 8.8. So thanks for that KUDOS!

Now if I hear that Rupert Walters is writing an episode, I will be in 7th heaven!

I was very lucky to catch some Spooks filming at the end of March along the Embankment in London, and Arlick Riley was there directing the scene I saw being filmed. It was a bench scene with Harry and an American man (played by the actor Bill Hope). It's apparently part of episode 10.2. Cool

It was a wonderful experience - cast and crew were so friendly. I met Peter Firth, and he was lovely. A true gentleman. Smile

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - JHyde - 22-04-2011 11:45 AM

I love Alrick too, but he copped A LOT of flak on this forum and on twitter for the shaky camera work that characterised season 8 for many people. To be fair though I think his judgment might have been impaired by the fact he did 4 out of the available 8 episodes, so I'm prepared to give him a (kinda) free pass. He also directed some of the show's best episodes, as well as doing stellar work on Ashes to Ashes.