Spooks Forum
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes (/thread-1404.html)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Naivety - 22-04-2011 01:27 PM

(22-04-2011 11:30 AM)Goldrush70 Wrote:  
(21-04-2011 01:54 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  IMDb is listing Alrick Riley as the Director of 10.1 and 10.2. If true (it is IMDb after all), this makes me happier than I can express. I love his work. For points of reference: Alrick Riley directed 3.9, 3.10, 4.3, 4.4, 6.9, 6.10, 8.1, 8.2, 8.5 and 8.8. So thanks for that KUDOS!

Now if I hear that Rupert Walters is writing an episode, I will be in 7th heaven!

I was very lucky to catch some Spooks filming at the end of March along the Embankment in London, and Arlick Riley was there directing the scene I saw being filmed. It was a bench scene with Harry and an American man (played by the actor Bill Hope). It's apparently part of episode 10.2. Cool

It was a wonderful experience - cast and crew were so friendly. I met Peter Firth, and he was lovely. A true gentleman. Smile

The question on everyone's lips.... Any photographs? Silba

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 22-04-2011 02:00 PM

(22-04-2011 01:27 PM)Naivety Wrote:  
(22-04-2011 11:30 AM)Goldrush70 Wrote:  
(21-04-2011 01:54 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  IMDb is listing Alrick Riley as the Director of 10.1 and 10.2. If true (it is IMDb after all), this makes me happier than I can express.

I was very lucky to catch some Spooks filming at the end of March along the Embankment in London, and Arlick Riley was there directing the scene I saw being filmed.

The question on everyone's lips.... Any photographs? Silba

Yes, Goldrush70, any pictures?

If not, thanks very much for the confirmation re: Mr. Riley. I haven't seen S8 in too long and his work on S6 is some of the best that series has to offer, but his work on S3 and S4 in particular is stellar if you ask me. I don't like too much hand-held either. But I don't remember that of Mr. Riley. What I remember most is his use of shadow and light as well as setting the mood of a scene without over-whelming the development of the characters.

I am mostly happy to see that they have been able to bring in a Director who has a long-term connection with the back-story of the programme and the characters. New blood is great, expected, and essential but its best to have a balance between the two.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Forever Secret - 22-04-2011 04:28 PM

Someone did just post a pic on Twitter, can't see much though,
Filming in Peckham Wink Its the first pic of filming to be posted for ages,

http://yfrog.com/h7r9bboj

Wish there were more pictures around of filming though, people in London keep your camera handy haha Wink

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Goldrush70 - 22-04-2011 05:07 PM

(22-04-2011 01:27 PM)Naivety Wrote:  The question on everyone's lips.... Any photographs? Silba

(22-04-2011 02:00 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Yes, Goldrush70, any pictures?

Lol, I have a few pictures, yes, though they don't really tell you very much - apart from the location and the fact that Harry looks very dapper. Wink They are on my other PC, but I can post them when I return home on Sunday.

Quote:If not, thanks very much for the confirmation re: Mr. Riley. I haven't seen S8 in too long and his work on S6 is some of the best that series has to offer, but his work on S3 and S4 in particular is stellar if you ask me. I don't like too much hand-held either. But I don't remember that of Mr. Riley. What I remember most is his use of shadow and light as well as setting the mood of a scene without over-whelming the development of the characters.

I am mostly happy to see that they have been able to bring in a Director who has a long-term connection with the back-story of the programme and the characters. New blood is great, expected, and essential but its best to have a balance between the two.

I very much agree, A Cousin. I like Riley's work too, and the continuity of bringing a director back that has a strong connection to the show and it's backstory is a good sign.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 22-04-2011 06:52 PM

(22-04-2011 05:07 PM)Goldrush70 Wrote:  Lol, I have a few pictures, yes, though they don't really tell you very much - apart from the location and the fact that Harry looks very dapper. Wink

I have never met a dapper Harry that I haven't liked. PLEASE POST when you can!!! Yahoo

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 23-04-2011 12:03 PM

(21-04-2011 01:54 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  IMDb is listing Alrick Riley as the Director of 10.1 and 10.2. If true (it is IMDb after all), this makes me happier than I can express. I love his work. For points of reference: Alrick Riley directed 3.9, 3.10, 4.3, 4.4, 6.9, 6.10, 8.1, 8.2, 8.5 and 8.8. So thanks for that KUDOS!

Now if I hear that Rupert Walters is writing an episode, I will be in 7th heaven!

That sounds encouraging. I am one of those that hated the camera work in S8, but I would guess that sort of decision, to film the series in that style, was not made by an individual, so I don't hold it against Alrick Riley. They got so much criticism for the camera work, that they would not be stupid enough to revert back to it *crosses fingers*

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Goldrush70 - 24-04-2011 11:28 AM

(22-04-2011 06:52 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I have never met a dapper Harry that I haven't liked. PLEASE POST when you can!!! Yahoo

Cool No problem. Here are a few pics from the afternoon/evening when I watched the filming at the end of March. As mentioned, there's not much of great interest in terms of what's happening in the episode (rumoured to be 10.2), and I respectfully didn't take pics of the actors between takes etc, as I was quite close to the action. The crew were so welcoming and kind. Peter Firth and Bill Hope (apparently playing an American, but that's all I know) were sitting on the bench in the photo and had a conversation which in real time will probably only last a minute of screentime at the most, I imagine. The shoot took about an hour, with various distractions, the most amusing being a very loud party boat going down the Thames!

[Image: IMG_4082-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4087-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4083-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4092-1.jpg]

[Image: tn_IMG_4089-1.png]

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 24-04-2011 11:37 AM

Wow, thanks Goldrush70. How lucky were you Wink I have seen your photo with Peter on twitter as an avatar, and wondered if that was a S10 photo. Now I know. Peter seems to have his hair much shorter there, compared to S9 anyway. Isn't that the famous Ruth/Harry bench they are sitting on? With Harry in a suit and tie *mops brow* this seems to indicate he is "working" and not unemployed.

Lovely photos.
+1 rep

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Aria - 24-04-2011 12:06 PM

Great photos, Goldrush. Lovely one of you and PF. Thanks for posting.

+1 Rep.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Beatriz - 24-04-2011 12:10 PM

Wow!!! Lucky yooou!!! Thanks for sharing!! Smile