Spooks Forum
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes (/thread-1404.html)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 26-04-2011 07:26 PM

After reading on twitter that they were filming (again) at Lincoln's Inn on bank holiday Monday, I caught the early train into London this morning as it's only 7mins walk from my office, to see if they were still there for a second day. Did I see any filming? No. Nothing. Lots of people doing Tai Chi though, around the bandstand. I also bumped into my boss who treated me a lovely coffee. I told him I was sightseeing (at 8am!)

I feel like Tackleberry at the moment from Police Academy. Every time I get there, the action is all over. Dodgy

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - langley - 26-04-2011 07:46 PM

Tea Lady, that is such a bummer! Did your boss buy the sightseeing story?
So it turns out airfare from Boston to London is on sale next weekend for $234 each way (not that I can even afford that, especially when they throw in $200 in taxes and unknown fees.)
Do they every shoot Spooks on weekends?

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 26-04-2011 08:04 PM

(26-04-2011 07:46 PM)langley Wrote:  Tea Lady, that is such a bummer! Did your boss buy the sightseeing story?
So it turns out airfare from Boston to London is on sale next weekend for $234 each way (not that I can even afford that, especially when they throw in $200 in taxes and unknown fees.)
Do they every shoot Spooks on weekends?

Yes I think he bought it, even though I was wandering around with an AZ London street guide and was totally walking in the wrong direction to where my office and train station is.

I am pretty sure they film at weekends. At least some weekends. The filming around peckham Rye last week certainly crept into the weekend and there were several reports of filming over the Easter weekend. London, especially around the square mile financial district, is very quiet at weekends and an ideal time for shooting without mass crowds or sight seeing office workers Wink

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Goldrush70 - 26-04-2011 09:54 PM

(26-04-2011 05:59 PM)langley Wrote:  Goldrush, what a fantastic photo and story! I'm super-jealous!! I WISH I could afford a plane ticket to London just to try and catch some filming. The Kudos people sound so nice and the setting on the embankment sounds to romantic! I hope there are some H/R scenes there. Or on the roof. Love those, too.

Thanks langley! They surely have to give us some H/R Embankment/bench/rooftop scenes in Season 10. Wink

(26-04-2011 08:04 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Yes I think he bought it, even though I was wandering around with an AZ London street guide and was totally walking in the wrong direction to where my office and train station is.

Lol!

Sorry for your bad luck Tea Lady. I hope you get another chance. In this age of Twitter, it seems increasingly likely, so fingers crossed. When the crew showed me the call sheet, the scene I saw was something like number 16 of 77 location shoots.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Aria - 26-04-2011 10:14 PM

(26-04-2011 07:26 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I feel like Tackleberry at the moment from Police Academy. Every time I get there, the action is all over. Dodgy

LOL. Bad luck, TL. Better luck next time.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - BoHenley - 27-04-2011 09:55 AM

Tackleberry - that's so funny. Big Grin I do love your "sightseeing" excuse too. The funny part is: Any Spooks fan totally understands this!

Good luck with it, Tea Lady. I'd imagine they're filming elsewhere at present (or in the studio) as there seems to be a rather large event coming on Friday in Ye Olde London Towne...

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - BoHenley - 27-04-2011 09:55 AM

Tackleberry - that's so funny. Big Grin I do love your "sightseeing" excuse too. The funny part is: Any Spooks fan totally understands this!

Good luck with it, Tea Lady. I'd imagine they're filming elsewhere at present (or in the studio) as there seems to be a rather large event coming on Friday in Ye Olde London Towne...

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - loladom - 27-04-2011 02:08 PM

(27-04-2011 09:55 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  Tackleberry - that's so funny. Big Grin I do love your "sightseeing" excuse too. The funny part is: Any Spooks fan totally understands this!

Perhaps some of the crew will be out filming crowd shots - great opportunity for them. Of course Harry will be invited to the wedding itself Wink Wink

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - langley - 27-04-2011 02:14 PM

I wonder if there outdoor shooting schedule has been affected by the wedding preparations. Also, what time does it get dark there? Sometimes I wonder what time they have to shoot the outdoor scenes where it's dark. Every time I've been to London it gets dark really late, but that's always in the summer.
Meant to say "their outdoor shooting schedule" not "there"

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - watchstrap - 27-04-2011 06:56 PM

It isn't properly dark here until about 21:30 at the moment and it's also worth noting that unlike tropical climes darkness falls really slowly here with a couple of hours of fading light and dusk. So any night scenes would have to be shot quite late. Hope that helps.