Spooks Forum
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes (/thread-1404.html)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - langley - 27-04-2011 07:04 PM

So do you think Ruth and Harry's night scenes on the roof are shot that late? Like after 10 p.m.? What a long work day they must have!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - MrsHat - 27-04-2011 07:18 PM

(27-04-2011 07:04 PM)langley Wrote:  So do you think Ruth and Harry's night scenes on the roof are shot that late? Like after 10 p.m.? What a long work day they must have!

Not necessarily, sometimes they don't start the 'day' until 5/6pm especially if they've got a night shoot going on.

Or those needed for night shoots just don't turn up until much later in the day Smile

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - langley - 27-04-2011 07:40 PM

Does anyone here know where that roof is? I am fully anticipating a Harry/Ruth kissing or at least hugging scene, and they wouldn't do it on the grid (not romantic enough and everyone could see) and not on the Thames with all the fans posting production pics on Twitter. So it has to be on that roof, and I want to go there and see if I can get a view of it from somewhere! (I mean if I win the lottery).
Of course I'd have to be there late at night. This scenario is getting more and more unlikely...

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 27-04-2011 07:50 PM

(27-04-2011 07:40 PM)langley Wrote:  Does anyone here know where that roof is? I am fully anticipating a Harry/Ruth kissing or at least hugging scene, and they wouldn't do it on the grid (not romantic enough and everyone could see) and not on the Thames with all the fans posting production pics on Twitter. So it has to be on that roof, and I want to go there and see if I can get a view of it from somewhere! (I mean if I win the lottery).
Of course I'd have to be there late at night. This scenario is getting more and more unlikely...

See locations thread langley. We know the location of the rooftops in 5.3 and 8.8 but not 9.1, If I remember rightly. They are all different locations I think.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 27-04-2011 08:16 PM

(27-04-2011 07:18 PM)MrsHat Wrote:  
(27-04-2011 07:04 PM)langley Wrote:  So do you think Ruth and Harry's night scenes on the roof are shot that late? Like after 10 p.m.? What a long work day they must have!

Not necessarily, sometimes they don't start the 'day' until 5/6pm especially if they've got a night shoot going on.

Or those needed for night shoots just don't turn up until much later in the day Smile

Their union, Equity UK, most likely has pretty specific and strictly monitored parameters for the length of a work day and work week, e.g. 8 hour per day, no more than 40 hours per week, etc., just like the rest of us. However what they do within those parameters is where it differs greatly from the rest of us. There is nothing saying that you can't call PF and NW to work from 4pm-12am as long as they aren't called until something like 10 am or noon the next day. The next morning, they might call SL and MB for a morning shoot. You get the idea. Mondays are traditionally a day off in the arts in the US. Might be the same in the UK.

Sometimes they shoot the night scenes during the day and do a little TV magic on them in the edit process to make them look like night.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - MrsHat - 27-04-2011 10:05 PM

(27-04-2011 08:16 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  . Mondays are traditionally a day off in the arts in the US. Might be the same in the UK.

Often depends on the production, last one I helped a little on was generally a sunday off although some weeks was a monday off

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - BAUER24 - 02-05-2011 02:31 PM

When do we start a countdown?

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 05-05-2011 12:31 PM

Two super little photos of filming today on the Mall. Thanks to Abby1412 for letting me post them. It's definitely Harry and I think he is with Ruth. I can't quite make it out on my iPhone.

[Image: 93286efe.jpg]

[Image: 5e168236.jpg]
Ooh forgot to add Abby said this is episode 3.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - HellsBells - 05-05-2011 01:14 PM

Thanks TL (and Abby, of course) for posting these. It does look like it is Ruth with Harry. Love the umbrellas, I guess this shot isn't supposed to be in the rain.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 05-05-2011 01:33 PM

Ooooohhhhhh! Thanks TL and Abby! Those are great!

It looks like Harry and Ruth to me too. Goofing around from the looks of it. It looks as if the photographer crouched in front of them is taking a picture of the pigeons. Perhaps they are trying to get some mid-scene publicity shots?