Spooks Forum
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes (/thread-1404.html)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - langley - 10-05-2011 10:24 PM

What do you all make of Sam Vincent's tweet that there were tears at the read through for ep. 6? "Spooks Ep 6 readthrough was great. Laughs, gasps, tears, cake, and pats on back for lowly writers from the bosses & lovely cast. YAY!"
Is that normal for a final read-through of the season, or does that mean it's the last episode ever and one of our beloved characters like Ruth or Harry dies? I hope not!!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - MrsHat - 10-05-2011 10:50 PM

Thanks TL, That was well before I arrived, it was nowhere near as packed when I got there.

My pics are here

Would be interested in knowing who the coloured guy in green is, he was the 'threat of the day'
(10-05-2011 10:24 PM)langley Wrote:  Is that normal for a final read-through of the season, or does that mean it's the last episode ever and one of our beloved characters like Ruth or Harry dies? I hope not!!

Sometimes it's normal for a readthrough, very much depends on whats happening in the storyline

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 11-05-2011 02:21 AM

Wow, Mrs Hat! Great pics. You got so close to them. Does anyone know if the man in the bush hat and sunglasses is Julian Holmes?

As for Sam Vincent's tweet, did someone say - cake!?! Maybe that means they were crying because Harry and Ruth get their thumbs out of their you-know-whats and get it together? Wink Who knows about the rest? I think it could go on for at least one more series one the International buzz that has developed over the last year or so alone. In the UK, it still garners very respectable ratings. I hope they agree with me. Time (and budget) will tell.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - loladom - 11-05-2011 03:10 AM

Yes, I agree A Cousin, the tears and cake could both indicate happiness. Or relief, it seems these 2 writers will again carry most of the season as in S9 (not sure if that's a good or bad thing) and getting to the end for them would be emotional. He might be referring to his own tears.

I hope it isn't the end. The show could go on. If the show does go on, it wouldn't be Harry we'd lose, it seems pretty clear both PF and the bosses want to go to the end with it. But Ruth?

What other projects does Kudos actually have running now? Hustle has also ended, surely they need to keep something going?
Mrs Hat, your pics are great! How exciting.

Just picking up on the one with the olympics 2010 symbol with a clock/counter on. I'm now back overseas but that wasn't in Trafalgar Sq in Feb, so is that something new, or is that part of Spooks props? WOnder if this is an Olympic games threat story line? Did the crew give any indication what action was actually happening, or did you actually see them trying to defuse a bomb or was the filming all talking?

Sorry for the inquisition!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 11-05-2011 02:01 PM

If I was excited about Alrick Riley, this news sends me to the moon! IMDb is listing Bharat Nalluri as the director of 10.5 and 10.6. I am feeling a little ambivalent because it seems to me that if you wanted to come full circle, the director of the first ever episode of Spooks is the director you'd want to hire for the last ever episode of Spooks. Not that I would be terribly surprised. But it does sadden me a little bit.

The optimistic POV is that they have an INCREDIBLE set of directors for S10. I am really looking forward to this now!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - MrsHat - 11-05-2011 02:52 PM

(11-05-2011 03:10 AM)loladom Wrote:  Mrs Hat, your pics are great! How exciting.

Just picking up on the one with the olympics 2010 symbol with a clock/counter on. I'm now back overseas but that wasn't in Trafalgar Sq in Feb, so is that something new, or is that part of Spooks props? WOnder if this is an Olympic games threat story line? Did the crew give any indication what action was actually happening, or did you actually see them trying to defuse a bomb or was the filming all talking?

Sorry for the inquisition!

I didn't ask what they were filming, although I have heard since what some of it is.

The Olympic clock is new and a permanent fixture until the olympics.

It was all talking/walking, no real 'action' at all Cool

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - lottanyman - 11-05-2011 05:17 PM

Great pics Mrs Hat!!!
Did you just stumble onto the filming by chance or did you get any hints, tweet whatever and then quickly made your way to Trafalgar Square?

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tea Lady - 11-05-2011 06:54 PM

Great pics Mrs Hat. Thanks for sharing. Smile

(11-05-2011 02:01 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  If I was excited about Alrick Riley, this news sends me to the moon! IMDb is listing Bharat Nalluri as the director of 10.5 and 10.6. I am feeling a little ambivalent because it seems to me that if you wanted to come full circle, the director of the first ever episode of Spooks is the director you'd want to hire for the last ever episode of Spooks. Not that I would be terribly surprised. But it does sadden me a little bit.

SadSadSad Surely there is no correlation there? Surely it must just be because he is available to direct, and is still on Kudos' books. Especially with Outcasts finishing which he directed. I still hold the belief that if Kudos know this is going to be the last series, they and the BBC would have announced it at the time of the last press release. (My goodness I really need some cake now Sad )

As for Sam Vincent's tweets, he does like to toy with us. Wink The tweet could just about mean anything about the success of the last read through. If I were a betting TL, I would bet that episode 10.6 winds lots of threads up nicely with a few teasers hanging, enough to be taken up with a 11th series if the BBC decide to pay for another series to be made.

To be honest, I think I would rather know if it is to be the last now, so I can grieve, learn to live with it, and then really start to look forward to one hell of a tenth series.

cake cake cake cake.....

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - lottanyman - 11-05-2011 07:29 PM

(11-05-2011 06:54 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  SadSadSad Surely there is no correlation there? Surely it must just be because he is available to direct, and is still on Kudos' books. Especially with Outcasts finishing which he directed. I still hold the belief that if Kudos know this is going to be the last series, they and the BBC would have announced it at the time of the last press release. (My goodness I really need some cake now Sad )

To be honest, I think I would rather know if it is to be the last now, so I can grieve, learn to live with it, and then really start to look forward to one hell of a tenth series.

cake cake cake cake.....

I hope too that they are not just teasing with us as they could have announced this being the last season long ago. I mean why announce it for Hustle now, even before the last season has even begun filming but stall this information for Spooks?

And as for those meaningless tweets, well the writers surely like to play with us. Those kind of tweets are good for people with low blood pressure, they keep you well awake...

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 11-05-2011 08:26 PM

(11-05-2011 07:29 PM)lottanyman Wrote:  
(11-05-2011 06:54 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  SadSadSad Surely there is no correlation there? Surely it must just be because he is available to direct, and is still on Kudos' books. Especially with Outcasts finishing which he directed. I still hold the belief that if Kudos know this is going to be the last series, they and the BBC would have announced it at the time of the last press release. (My goodness I really need some cake now Sad )

I hope too that they are not just teasing with us as they could have announced this being the last season long ago. I mean why announce it for Hustle now, even before the last season has even begun filming but stall this information for Spooks?

From your mouths to God's ears! *spits through fingers three times - ptoy, ptoy, ptoy - to ward off the evil eye*

I really do still believe that it has a life after S10.

I guess we now have our cliffhanger, huh? Rather than will a certain character live or die, they have moved it to will Spooks itself live or die?

Still thrilled to bits that Bahrat Nalluri is directing again - regardless of whether he was brought back for poetic or practical reasons. I'll just sit in the corner with my Lindy's cheesecake and concentrate on that. For the next 6 months. Don't mind me....