Spooks Forum
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes (/thread-1404.html)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - lottanyman - 20-05-2011 05:32 PM

(20-05-2011 02:35 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I don't mind knowing generalities, e.g. who is in a scene, general feel of a scene, etc., because we still have no idea of context and intention or outcome. But everyone has their own limits when it comes to spoilers. I try very hard to respect the choice of those that want to know everything in advance by leaving a thread that has too many for me so conversation can keep going. I hope they will return the respect for those of us who don't by at least using spoiler tags (per the rules) and give us the chance to decamp before it is too late. My own personal rule of thumb is that if I am in any way unsure if I should use spoiler tags or not, I use them. Esp. in this particular thread, which is not prefaced as a spoiler thread.

Count me in on much preferring to get to know generalities instead of every tiny detail of a scene although I probably wouldn't have said no if someone had spilled the beans on this o
I mean I have nothing against spoilers as otherwise I wouldn't check on this or the speculations thread and I also check Twitter for possible news however I surely accept when those who witnessed a filming don't want to tell anything or little about it as this is clearly a sign of respect toward the writers and producers of the show who are kind enough to let people watch the filming.

So people should actually be reasonable from both sides: those who are lucky enough to watch the filming of a scene should maybe only report some general observations or even pictures (if they wish to tell anything at all), just like those on the "receiving end" should be ready to accept that this is all information they are getting and not try to push people for further details.

I'm quite happy with the pictures we got and don't think too much information was given and I'm maybe also looking forward to seeing other pictures from any other of the remaining filming days.
All in all this is just increasing my anticipation for the new series.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Tess24 - 20-05-2011 05:40 PM

I'm happy enough just knowing that there is still one more season of Spooks left for me to see and seeing the odd picture only increases the anticipation but I don't want to know the script or mood of the scene (so I probably shouldn't be reading these threads) I just want it to be September now! (No inside information just my own gauge as to when it will air.)

However, I do think that this 'Thames beach' scene must have been a clandestine meeting arranged by Harry and not the HS otherwise why would it be at this location - walls have ears after all and phones are notoriously easy to eavesdrop on. I'm guessing that it is none other than some very important analyst information that they don't want anyone else to know about and that only Ruth can sufficiently divulge otherwise I can't imagine why she would be there - in terms of general spook storylines and not any H/R-ness.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - LV R/H - 20-05-2011 06:23 PM

[/font]Hi, everone i am new to Forum although i have been a fan since start. I'll admit to been quite nervous about joining Forum, but as others have said recent filming has got me intrigued enough to come out of the woodwork.Smile

Firstly i'll comment on my opinion on spoilers, which probably is not the best thing to start with considering divided opinion. I personally love spoilers 1) It heightens the anticipation for me 2) I like to be emotionally prepared and 3) I'm just wired that wayAngel I would never intentionally spoiler for anyone, i am a strong believer in choice, but feel that goes for both sides, so people should always use spoiler tags and give forewarning. I don't condone upsetting people so be careful, what i will say is to those who have been lucky enough enough to see filming, not everone is so lucky so please bear that in mind people are not trying to be nasty, just getting exited.Yahoo

I have been lucky enough to have had some of my questions answered on Twitter with regards to filming and have kind of figured out a casting spoiler which has kind of been confired in a round about way. At least thats how i've read it anyway. Anyway essay overSmile please be nice lol.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Betty - 20-05-2011 07:40 PM

A very balanced "essay", LV R/H. Here's sort of an obvious observation about why we all crave spoilers even though we don't really want people to give up sacred secrets. It's because we're born Spooks! We love the thrill of the chase, the undercover op, the coded message, the match of wits (or in this case Tweets) with a worthy opponent. We just can't help ourselves.Cool

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - DogSoSmall - 20-05-2011 08:15 PM

Well said, LV R/H. Excellent first post and you are braver than me to come out and say it first! I was just thinking to myself oo er, everyone on here is much more noble than me! Silba

I agree with you about needing to be emotionally prepared. I would enjoy the series far more if I could relax and enjoy PF and NW's wonderful acting rather than feeling permanently sick with nerves from the unknown (so if anyone out there has a script, a private PM would be much appreciated - promise not to blab!! Cool )

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - BoHenley - 20-05-2011 10:15 PM

How clever are Kudos? Giving us "The Thames Beach Scene" with H/R and enough emotion seen by "the audience" to melt the forums. How many pages is it now since that first pic?

And I love it!

(As for spoilers: I love them, and agree with DogSoSmall that I'd rather know what's coming and enjoy the scene rather than be sick with nerves. But I'd NEVER intentionally give one away)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - BoHenley - 20-05-2011 10:15 PM

How clever are Kudos? Giving us "The Thames Beach Scene" with H/R and enough emotion seen by "the audience" to melt the forums. How many pages is it now since that first pic?

And I love it!

(As for spoilers: I love them, and agree with DogSoSmall that I'd rather know what's coming and enjoy the scene rather than be sick with nerves. But I'd NEVER intentionally give one away)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - harrbd - 20-05-2011 10:33 PM

[/quote]

I'm with you two. I could be relaxed and enjoy the series if I knew there was a good ending.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - JHyde - 21-05-2011 02:25 AM

OK, we've drifted from the purpose of this thread. Please keep discussion here to what is happening with filming.

Feel free to start a thread in the general discussion sub forum about whether or not you like spoilers. It's a valid conversation, it's just not right for here.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - DogSoSmall - 21-05-2011 09:24 AM

I thought about that before posting, but I decided that the whole reason this conversation started was because people were reporting and teasing about filming that had been seen. The discussion is, should what is seen by some when they chance upon filming be shared (with spoilers) or not? Therefore it is relevant in a thread created to discuss filming and behind the scenes. But, I get your point, and enough said. Smile