Spooks Forum
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes (/thread-1404.html)

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Silktie - 23-05-2011 05:51 AM

(21-05-2011 05:49 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Can anyone provide a positive ID and/or picture of Julian Holmes, the director for 10.3 and 10.4? I know what Alrick Riley and Bahrat Nalluri look like.

You can see him in some of the season 4 DVD extras, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately mine is out on loan, but perhaps some other generous soul can confirm and provide a screencap?

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - richliga - 23-05-2011 09:10 AM

I think that it is impossible to guess what episode they are filming... it could as well be ep.1. I mean do we know that they film chronologically? I am pretty sure that I have heard PF saying in some interview that the filming process is pretty hectic as they sometimes film sequences from 4 different episodes at the same day.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 23-05-2011 01:20 PM

(23-05-2011 05:51 AM)Silktie Wrote:  You can see him in some of the season 4 DVD extras, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately mine is out on loan, but perhaps some other generous soul can confirm and provide a screencap?

I have the S4 DVD. I'll check it out. Thanks!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Bruno411 - 23-05-2011 01:42 PM

They film way out of order all the time. They are needing to film a bit more for ep2 this week or they should have on Thursday last week. Last year they filmed eps 2&3 first then went to film eps 1&4. In s8 they filmed part of ep3 before May and the "Grid" scenes in July they did this early because Miranda was filming 2 shows at once and they wanted to get her scenes done early. So never assume what you are seeing is where it should be. Plus in s8 they filmed post for H/R scenes in early Oct in between Nicola's rehearsals for Mrs. Klein. They have done the read through for ep 6 so they could have been filming for that already keep that in mind.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - langley - 23-05-2011 01:54 PM

(23-05-2011 01:42 PM)Bruno411 Wrote:  They are needing to film a bit more for ep2 this week or they should have on Thursday last week.

Hi, Bruno411, how do you know that? Please tell!!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - A Cousin - 23-05-2011 02:22 PM

(23-05-2011 01:42 PM)Bruno411 Wrote:  They film way out of order all the time. They are needing to film a bit more for ep2 this week or they should have on Thursday last week. Last year they filmed eps 2&3 first then went to film eps 1&4. In s8 they filmed part of ep3 before May and the "Grid" scenes in July they did this early because Miranda was filming 2 shows at once and they wanted to get her scenes done early. So never assume what you are seeing is where it should be. Plus in s8 they filmed post for H/R scenes in early Oct in between Nicola's rehearsals for Mrs. Klein. They have done the read through for ep 6 so they could have been filming for that already keep that in mind.

Good info. Thanks! After watching the DVD extras for earlier series, I kind of thought that the filming out of episodic order was the exception to the rule, due to scheduling conflicts as you mention above, and that there was a pick up period after actual filming ended. I knew that they consistently filmed out of scenic order for each directors two episodes. But things are rarely that easy in life. The process fascinates me, so I am still trying to wrap my brain around it. What a logistical nightmare that must be for whoever it is that makes the filming schedule!

Of course, this is why I am trying to identify the director when possible. That will be the best way to get at least a ball park idea of what episode is being filmed.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - pepelow - 23-05-2011 03:08 PM

I thought it was Julian Simpson, the Director, who appeared in the Extras for the Series 4 DVD box set. I could be wrong.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Silktie - 23-05-2011 04:55 PM

(23-05-2011 03:08 PM)pepelow Wrote:  I thought it was Julian Simpson, the Director, who appeared in the Extras for the Series 4 DVD box set. I could be wrong.

Crap, I think you're right. Ignore my previous advice, A Cousin! Tongue
Clearly I have no idea who Julian Holmes is.

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - Goldrush70 - 23-05-2011 05:16 PM

(23-05-2011 02:22 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Of course, this is why I am trying to identify the director when possible. That will be the best way to get at least a ball park idea of what episode is being filmed.

I'm fairly sure ( though not 100%) that this is Julian Holmes:

[Image: IMG_4399-1.jpg]

(from the Trafalgar Square shoot) Sorry that it's such a small photo!

RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes - jacko - 25-05-2011 07:55 AM

Someone just twittered that they are in Albert Square this morning.