Spooks Forum
Series 10 Casting Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Casting Discussion (/thread-1405.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Naivety - 03-04-2011 02:59 PM

One thing I do hope for; now that Lucas has gone, they don't have Dimitri jumping into bed with the new female leads. After three series of Lucas doing it (yawn) it would be nice if they just stuck to the gentle, understated angst and tension that NW and PF do so well.

I worry that the producers or the decision makers think that most fans want high octane action, in and out of the sheets!!

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - BravoNine - 03-04-2011 03:03 PM

(03-04-2011 02:59 PM)Naivety Wrote:  One thing I do hope for; now that Lucas has gone, they don't have Dimitri jumping into bed with the new female leads. After three series of Lucas doing it (yawn) it would be nice if they just stuck to the gentle, understated angst and tension that NW and PF do so well. s!!

I hope so too!!! I mean, Dimitri is SBS isn't he? Why not have him running around shooting people, jumping off buildings, exploding things, attacking things!! Make him more like Rambo or something! That would be fun and it would certainly fit his character!! Wink

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Naivety - 03-04-2011 03:10 PM

I'm not sure I want to see a Rambo, either. Although I wouldn't say no to an eyeful of Dimtri's body! Silba

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - BravoNine - 03-04-2011 03:12 PM

(03-04-2011 03:10 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I'm not sure I want to see a Rambo, either. Although I wouldn't say no to an eyeful of Dimtri's body! Silba

But at least that's better than being a mopey love-sick puppy....this is Spooks after all, not a teen love romance...Big Grin

On another hand, does anyone know any guest star that may be showing up? Maybe that could help us figure out what this series's storyline could be more clearly....

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Tess24 - 03-04-2011 03:29 PM

(03-04-2011 02:59 PM)Naivety Wrote:  One thing I do hope for; now that Lucas has gone, they don't have Dimitri jumping into bed with the new female leads. After three series of Lucas doing it (yawn) it would be nice if they just stuck to the gentle, understated angst and tension that NW and PF do so well.

I worry that the producers or the decision makers think that most fans want high octane action, in and out of the sheets!!

Hopefully with the limited episodes they won't bother with the almost ill-fated (it seems to happen every season) b-plot of interluding the good stuff of the show with focusing on a new relationship pair. Of course and H/R stuff is inevitable and welcome! Wink

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - BoHenley - 03-04-2011 08:48 PM

(03-04-2011 03:10 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I'm not sure I want to see a Rambo, either. Although I wouldn't say no to an eyeful of Dimtri's body! Silba

I second that. Big Grin

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Fidget - 03-04-2011 10:53 PM

(03-04-2011 02:59 PM)Naivety Wrote:  One thing I do hope for; now that Lucas has gone, they don't have Dimitri jumping into bed with the new female leads. After three series of Lucas doing it (yawn) it would be nice if they just stuck to the gentle, understated angst and tension that NW and PF do so well.

I could take H & R jumping into bed thoughSmile

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - JHyde - 04-04-2011 05:43 AM

Please keep the discussion to casting choices, possible or confirmed.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Naivety - 06-04-2011 06:16 PM

I hope I'm posting this in the right place as although I'm commenting on a casting decision, it's definitely speculation!

I was just looking at the pictures of Geoffrey Streatfield, who has been announced as joining the cast, and wondered if he was going to play a younger Harry Pearce. Judging by filming locations being spotted, the series seems to be going back to Harry's past.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - A Cousin - 06-04-2011 06:38 PM

(06-04-2011 06:16 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I was just looking at the pictures of Geoffrey Streatfield, who has been announced as joining the cast, and wondered if he was going to play a younger Harry Pearce. Judging by filming locations being spotted, the series seems to be going back to Harry's past.

I thought that might be the case at first to because, boy, does he ever look like PF! But no, Ian Wylie specifies that Geoffrey Streatfield is playing a new IT guy name Calum Reed.

If there are flashbacks to 1980's Harry, I just hope they don't slap a bad wig on PF! Wink