Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
Series 10 Casting Discussion
28-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Harry Series 10 Casting Discussion
This thread is for discussion of casting for Series 10 (confirmed or rumoured).

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2010, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2010 01:17 AM by Kirayuki.)
RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion
Does the possibility of the Alec White character staying on for series 10 count?

If so, from what we've already seen i think that was great casting. I already like him. Smile

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
28-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Yes that's exactly the kind of discussion this thread is for.

I like him too, I'd like Harry to put him on the Grid, maybe not as section chief, but he seems like good spy material and it would be interesting to watch him and Harry, two very experienced "old-dogs".

28-11-2010, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2010 01:24 AM by Kirayuki.)
Thanks. Smile

Yes that's true. We've been lacking the 'older and more experienced' spies on the Grid since Connies departure. I think it adds an interesting dynamic.

That and the writers appear to have already created a back-story for him, as well as there was something going on between him and Beth (as she clearly didn't like him).

There is so much room to work with his character it would be a shame to waste it if he doesn't hang around.

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
28-11-2010, 03:46 AM
Yeah, I liked Alec, too. Given how he was introduced -- as a disgraced drunk who was nevertheless very good at his job -- the potential for how he might integrate onto the grid is vast.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
28-11-2010, 05:13 AM
Oh dear, if Alec is coming back, I guess I would have to spend a whole season glaring at another character! And here I thought glaring at one was enough! Dodgy

But I guess it's fitting that he would join considering his character's introduction into the show, it would seem like a logical choice.

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
28-11-2010, 06:37 AM
I also enjoyed Alec White. Even if he doesn't come onto the Grid, I wouldn't mind if he was around a bit. An interesting actor in the role too...We need someone older to watch over the Baby-Spooks.
28-11-2010, 08:07 AM
I can't help but feel Malcolm was denied a part in the series 9 finale, after such a build up. Perhaps if he was to be brought back onto the Grid, perhaps as part of the investigation into Harry? Perhaps Tom, Zoe, Connie, Lucas and Danny could be brought back in flash-backs to previous series, or before Spooks even began (I.E we see Harry meeting Lucas, Tom etc for the first time?) I am of course specualting that that is what season 10 will be about, the investigation into Harry and his career. But it would be cool if this was the final season to see all the old characters again.
28-11-2010, 08:22 AM
(28-11-2010 08:07 AM)JohnSpook Wrote:  we see Harry meeting Lucas

Well, they've completely butchered that storyline, even if we see Lucas and Harry it's gonna be ruined since Lucas isn't Lucas. The writers pretty much wrecked any chance of further exploration into any past-Lucas related storylines.

----------

I do agree that Malcolm's appearance should have been more, maybe we will see him back for part of Series 10, that would be nice.

Some flashback tales would be kind of cool.

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
28-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Can we please not let this thread be hijacked by the Lucas storyline.