Spooks Forum
Series 10 Casting Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Casting Discussion (/thread-1405.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Naivety - 06-04-2011 06:58 PM

Hehe! They would need an awful lot of moisturiser and airbrushing to take twenty years off him! No offence to Peter because I think he's more good looking now than he was then. I forgot about the new IT guy, though. I wonder how they are going to do his former career, without flashbacks. It would have to be based purely on transcripts, which although interesting, wouldn't be very visual.

And I probably need to be in the speculation thread now, so sorry, Mods!

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Naivety - 15-04-2011 06:50 PM

Here's a new article on the casting decisions with some rumours about storylines:

http://blogs.sundaymercury.net/anorak-city/2011/03/spooks-sexy-true-blood-star-la.html

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Forever Secret - 15-04-2011 06:59 PM

Interesting about the storylines and speculation as to where Alice Krige's character will fit into the show

Series S10 Spoiler: show
" But watch out specially for Alice Krige, who'll be setting the series alight in a double-dealing storyline" The words "Double Dealing" don't fill me confidence, unless that means Harry's history storylines against the story of the week Wink or it could mean something else all together, makes me feel a little uneasy about S10 to be honest Wink
Wink

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - loladom - 16-04-2011 03:13 PM

Given the titbits of Harry's past featuring heavily and the age of ALICE KRIGE, I'm guessing she will be a past flame, perhaps with Russian connections. Although we've done that (minus love angle) with Connie.

If they are smart they could link in Dhakar with this woman, secrets and Harry's past plus tying up some ends for Lucas fans. There were lots of big questions planted in s9 with regards to Dhakar and Harry's presence there. We never did learn how Vaughn was able to meet Harry and how Harry knew him. Lots of mileage there.

We shouldn't get fixated by the idea that the secret must be found in Harry's Diary (ie only Omega or Ireland) because that's going to be too restrictive for the writers. It's credible that Harry wouldn't write everything plus it stops when Ruth left. This secret may not be from his youth. (Although we've had the tweets about 80s Germany)

Either way, I do so hope the writers take better care with this "secret" and the character that has been painfully and diligently developed over the years, than they did with the secret of Lucas North. Hopefully PF has enough of a say to dispute something he couldn't see "Harry" doing.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Forever Secret - 16-04-2011 06:10 PM

All that info on Alice Krige, age a possible character connects all leads me back to dreading a love triangle, and I'm still hoping that doesn't happen Wink It would seem pretty un-spooksy for something like that to happen especially to Harry Wink

However she could be a very Juliet-type character, sharing history with Harry (maybe not personal History like Juliet but professional history, ) maybe in ways (Like you said loladom) her character will be similar Connie with her connections to Russia. Perhaps she is a threat to Harry, threatens to reveal what ever Secret he holds similar to what Vaughn held over Lucas, using it as leverage for something.

I've seen Alice's acting before, and I like her alreadyas an actress, no matter what her characters is like in the show pretty sure she'll be good in her role Smile

Actually I wonder what Calum Reed will be like as a character. There still needs to be some character development on Dimitri as well as the new members on the Grid.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - loladom - 17-04-2011 11:01 AM

As to Alice and the Russians. Remember when Harry was accused of being a traitor and Lucas went to Moscow, he met a woman who dropped hints her and Harry had been very close. During the sleeper operation. Perhaps this character will be reignited by Alice?

But of course, this is Spooks and the writers are under no obligation to use anything we've seen before, especially as these threads came from other writers. Creative licence aside, I do hope they treat Harry better than Lucas in terms of plausibility.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - lottanyman - 17-04-2011 11:36 AM

(17-04-2011 11:01 AM)loladom Wrote:  As to Alice and the Russians. Remember when Harry was accused of being a traitor and Lucas went to Moscow, he met a woman who dropped hints her and Harry had been very close. During the sleeper operation. Perhaps this character will be reignited by Alice?

Yes, but in this case they could only use her in flashbacks and for this they would surely have chosen a younger actress and not someone who is about the same age as Harry is now.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - loladom - 17-04-2011 03:38 PM

(17-04-2011 11:36 AM)lottanyman Wrote:  
(17-04-2011 11:01 AM)loladom Wrote:  As to Alice and the Russians. Remember when Harry was accused of being a traitor and Lucas went to Moscow, he met a woman who dropped hints her and Harry had been very close. During the sleeper operation. Perhaps this character will be reignited by Alice?

Yes, but in this case they could only use her in flashbacks and for this they would surely have chosen a younger actress and not someone who is about the same age as Harry is now.

Sorry you've lost me. Why would she be needed for flashbacks as a young woman? ThLucas went to Moscow in S6 or 7 to meet with a woman of Harry's age. She didn't die did she? I don't remember that happening. So she'd be Harry's age now and could therefore feature as herself in 2011 with a connection to the FSB and Harry meets her again as part of the new relationship with the Russians and maybe she is a double dealer or maybe not. And she knows all about their nasty little sleeper op and anything else the writers want to invent from the cold war. they have a shared past relevant to the new scenario therefore no flashbacks would needed.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - lottanyman - 17-04-2011 03:43 PM

Well yes, she died. Was shot shortly after Lucas left (do I have to use spoiler tags for this? Don't know...)
Otherwise Alice Krige would have perfectly suitable as that character.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Tea Lady - 01-05-2011 11:38 AM

Couple of tweets about casting today with links.

http://www.uk.castingcallpro.com/tvshow_view.php?uid=26

http://www.spotlight.com/interactive/cv/f8242

Thanks to Ruther2 for the tweets and the retweets by Ramblingscribe.