Spooks Forum
Series 10 Casting Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Casting Discussion (/thread-1405.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - richliga - 14-06-2011 10:10 AM

Yes... Kudos really have a sense of humor... Peter Firth vs Colin Firth... LOL

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - lottanyman - 14-06-2011 10:26 AM

Yes, it's a joke! But not from Kudos, I think. Someone was joking with someone else on Twitter about this. (OMG I spend much too much time snooping around Twitter at the moment - without finding anything really interesting actually Wink )

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - richliga - 14-06-2011 10:29 AM

Yeah hard to think that with Spooks budget they could afford Colin Firth... but then again it would explain Spooks prop sale... Tongue

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - The_Niece - 14-06-2011 01:14 PM

Hard to think indeed, not only because of the budget but because CF is not far in age to PF. Guess that was kind of a big lulz!

(still thinking it'd be cool though Tongue)

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Forever Secret - 14-06-2011 01:51 PM

Colin Firth? Peter Firth... oh my... *heads spins* Tongue
It would be cool to see that, somehow I highly doubt though a certain Mr Firth *cough Colin* would be in Spooks *sigh* Dreaming on Wink Tongue

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - A Cousin - 14-06-2011 02:23 PM

(14-06-2011 09:48 AM)The_Niece Wrote:  So it seems Young Harry has been confirmed!?

Series 10 Spoiler: show
http://www.spotllght.com/interactive/cv/M9725.html

Haha! That's hilarious! Thus proving that Spotlight may not be as reliable as it could be? Dodgy

But am I missing something? Has there been any real confirmation of a Young Harry role? Or is it still just speculation?

Come to think of it though, Colin Firth's younger brother, Jonathan Firth, a very fine actor in his own right, would be someone I'd like to see in any role on Spooks. He does bear a passing resemblance to PF but is 44 so maybe a bit too mature for Harry in his 20's or 30's? He plays a lot younger though. And probably much more affordable than his elder brother. That would have been a practical joke I might have bought! Wink

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Forever Secret - 14-06-2011 02:32 PM

I don't think there actually has been any confirmation of a Young Harry.
It was assumed when a Young Elena was cast I think, and the whole "Back in time Germany" kind of scene added to the speculation of a younger Harry appearing.

*goes to look up young Firth Brother* Wink Tongue
Oooh I see what you mean though, wouldn't mind seeing him in Spooks!

Has anyone heard about Jonathan Hyde's Character yet? His character names not even been mentioned,
Neither he or Alice Krige have been spotted filming either... at least I don't think they have

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - jacko - 14-06-2011 02:37 PM

If there is a young harry I was wondering if they would just do it in a way that the viewer is harry (seeing through his eyes) and then just use PF's voice. Yeah i've been wondering about Johnathon Hyde too why release who everyone else is playing and not him.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - loladom - 14-06-2011 04:07 PM

(14-06-2011 02:37 PM)jacko Wrote:  If there is a young harry I was wondering if they would just do it in a way that the viewer is harry (seeing through his eyes) and then just use PF's voice. Yeah i've been wondering about Johnathon Hyde too why release who everyone else is playing and not him.

That would be both clever and appropriate. Casting a young Harry would be very difficult I think. It isn't just looks but who could carry off Harry's character? A Young Elena is easy because we haven't yet identified with the older Elena. (Apart from knowing she's from H's past, do we know in what role she's back in his life? Personal? FSB/CIA/MI6 or part of Section D?)

It is interesting that JH and Alice K haven't been spotted out. That could mean all their scenes are grid based or highly secretive? Or maybe people just don't recognise them yet.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - LV R/H - 14-06-2011 07:19 PM

Lolllll! Smile

Just to confirm, that as far as I know, Colin Firth will not be appearing in Spooks as Young Harry! It was a joke between myself (@grid_spy on twitter), @Ruther2 & @mdear (he namely the creator of this piece of fiction). Haha, I dont think we thought it would end up on the forum lol!

As for Casting of Jonathan Hyde, on his Spotlight profile they seem to be keeping his identity secret as Spooks isn't even mentioned yet!

Jonathan Hyde

And as for the important one Smile I have a theory who is playing Young Harry! I may be barking up the wrong tree here but, here's said theory!

We know Harry's full name is Henry Harry James Pearce! Now we know he doesnt use Henry. But has he ever used James in the past, as we do have a character in S10 called, Young Jim! Silba Also the fact that Director is listed as various, imo hints that he is probably in more than one episode (i'm assuming in flashbacks)!

Young Jim.

The only thing that makes me less certain, is his hair colour is different, but would Kudos pay attention to that. Maybe using James/Jim, Kudos is hoping to throw us off said trail, who knows! Wink