Spooks Forum
Series 10 Casting Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 Casting Discussion (/thread-1405.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Simone - 01-04-2011 09:21 AM

"has left" reflects well on Kudos...

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Aria - 01-04-2011 09:24 AM

Very interesting stuff, thanks for posting the link kazters.

No mention of Vincent Regan (Alec) in that press release which is a shame as I thought his character had potential. Pleased that SRB is back as the Home Secretary.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - pepelow - 01-04-2011 09:28 AM

Well, if the great Ian Wylie has also quoted from that same "press release", its got to be kosher, no? Smile

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Tea Lady - 01-04-2011 10:07 AM

(01-04-2011 09:24 AM)Aria Wrote:  Very interesting stuff, thanks for posting the link kazters.

No mention of Vincent Regan (Alec) in that press release which is a shame as I thought his character had potential. Pleased that SRB is back as the Home Secretary.

To be honest I'm not surprised about either Alec or SM. Who knows what has gone on there. We will probably never know. Sometimes things just don't work out. Perhaps Kudos just felt they needed a stronger female lead with Lucas passing over. So glad SRB is back. I know he is busy in theatre so he obviously enjoyed this gig to make a return.

I'm now fretting about Harry. Thanks Kudos. It's only April and I already have palpitations Smile

Wonder why the question of episode numbers is still outstanding? Most strange. Perhaps some last minute funding has found its way to Kudos.

Sounds good to me overall though. A proper spy/cold war theme sounds good to me.

Oh, also the Tariq thing sounds good. A bit of a Malcolm/Colin dynamic going on there Smile

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - lottanyman - 01-04-2011 10:18 AM

(01-04-2011 10:07 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Oh, also the Tariq thing sounds good. A bit of a Malcolm/Colin dynamic going on there Smile

Like that too. Though it might lessen the chances, however slim those could be that Hugh Simon might make any reappearances.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Aria - 01-04-2011 10:21 AM

(01-04-2011 10:07 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  To be honest I'm not surprised about either Alec or SM. Who knows what has gone on there. We will probably never know. Sometimes things just don't work out. Perhaps Kudos just felt they needed a stronger female lead with Lucas passing over. So glad SRB is back. I know he is busy in theatre so he obviously enjoyed this gig to make a return.

Doesn't this mean that the Grid now only has 2 field operatives, the new girl and Dimitri?? We could get our wish for "action" Harry Wink

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - BoHenley - 01-04-2011 10:29 AM

Wasn't SM marrying a millionaire in the USA? Maybe that's why she's unable to return. I wish the writers had developed her character...but I did enjoy Lara Pulver's performance in Robin Hood, so she'll be an interesting addition.

From Wylie's blog, S10 sounds intriguing. Just thought it's a pity Lucas isn't still around (i.e. S9 didn't happen) if Russia's back in the frame. How interesting would that have been with his inside knowledge?

Thanks for the links.

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Tea Lady - 01-04-2011 10:43 AM

(01-04-2011 10:21 AM)Aria Wrote:  
(01-04-2011 10:07 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  To be honest I'm not surprised about either Alec or SM. Who knows what has gone on there. We will probably never know. Sometimes things just don't work out. Perhaps Kudos just felt they needed a stronger female lead with Lucas passing over. So glad SRB is back. I know he is busy in theatre so he obviously enjoyed this gig to make a return.

Doesn't this mean that the Grid now only has 2 field operatives, the new girl and Dimitri?? We could get our wish for "action" Harry Wink

I think they can do it with just two officers. Again, I'm not surprised. Kudos is short of cash for this series. Yes I think we will get a lot of Harry for our licence fee this year, so there is a god Wink Although the press release does suggest he will not be section head for at least some of the series. I still would like to see Ruth replace Harry albeit for a bit. Could that be the unexpected journey mentioned??

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - Forever Secret - 01-04-2011 11:47 AM

Interesting new cast choices, I'm just about to look up the new cast Smile Not too suprised about SM, although I did like Beth's characters as well as Alec, but its not a huge shocker.
Interesting about Lara Pulver, I've got a feeling she'll be a similar character to Juliet Shaw for some reason Wink
Alice Krige too, I've heard of these names but not seen them in anything so I'll have to catch up on their work sometime
I'd would've loved to have seen Malcolm return, but seems we have a new techie in Geoffrey Streatfeild Smile Its going to good seeing him and Tariq working together haha, Great to see SRB back as the Home Sec!

RE: Series 10 Casting Discussion - JHyde - 01-04-2011 11:49 AM

I'm sorry SM isn't coming back. I really enjoyed Beth and I'm sorry we didn't get to know her better.

I like a lot of the people on the new list and I'm glad Tariq is still on board too.