Spooks Forum
Introduction to the Spy Game - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Help & Suggestions (/forum-16.html)
+---- Forum: Spy Game (/forum-31.html)
+---- Thread: Introduction to the Spy Game (/thread-1522.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Introduction to the Spy Game - Kirayuki - 26-02-2011 12:15 AM

(26-02-2011 12:03 AM)VaBookworm87 Wrote:  As far as improving communication, could there be subforums set up for any existing agencies which require a password to access? That way, anyone in the agency can communicate with fellow agency members on whatever topics they wish/collaborate on missions openly, instead of PMing the entire group back and forth?

^^ If possible I think this is a good idea. I've seen it done before and it works out quite well. Smile

RE: Introduction to the Spy Game - Nitrus - 26-02-2011 12:19 AM

It's possible to do, my only concern is that if I am allowing people to start their own agencies, then I could end up with a very large number of sub-forums that would become difficult to manage. Plus I would have to add them manually.

So it comes down to which people would prefer, the ability to start your own agency without me doing it for you (and having a set limit of agencies) or each agency having its own sub-forum.

The issue of moderation would also need to be addressed, at the very least I would need to be able to see exactly what is posted in those sub-forums to ensure everything is within the rules.

What do you all think?

RE: Introduction to the Spy Game - Kirayuki - 26-02-2011 12:32 AM

I see the problem. Hmmm....

On Agencies:
I think if we had about 5 set agencies and 1 person in charge of each one (as you stated before) then it may be easier to manage. This would also mean more room for people to become double agents and a more even spread of agent numbers in the agencies. It would also allow for sub forums.

On moderating the sub forums:
The person in charge of the agency would be responsible for moderation in there and you as admin could have overall access as you do with the rest of the site. In the event of the moderator taking a leave of abcense they could possibly apoint a replacement for the time being. (This could also be a good opportunity for sabotage if a double agent was selected to fill in).

Just some ideas but i thought i'd share. I don't mind if they are no good. Smile

RE: Introduction to the Spy Game - Nitrus - 26-02-2011 12:45 AM

Moderation of posts within these sub-forums would not be part of the game. Moderation of all posts on SF will remain objective and will always abide by the rules. Allowing agents to moderate content in those sub-forums violates this principle.

It might just mean that staff cannot play the game.

RE: Introduction to the Spy Game - Kirayuki - 26-02-2011 12:54 AM

Didn't think of that. Oh dear. Sad

Stuck between a rock and a hard place it appears. I'm sure there is a crack somewhere though.

RE: Introduction to the Spy Game - Nitrus - 26-02-2011 12:56 AM

I could make the sub-forum something you could buy with points, if I make it a high amount of points then I doubt all agencies would be able to achieve it and that should solve the problem?

RE: Introduction to the Spy Game - expat - 26-02-2011 01:42 AM

Just a thought - would there be a problem with the persons responsible for agencies being bound by the the same rules as staff, if only for the sub-forums for which they are responsible? We could sign an official secrets act :-)

Thanks Kirayuki and Nitrus for your creative collaboration!

RE: Introduction to the Spy Game - Kirayuki - 26-02-2011 02:15 AM

Well I think either of the above ideas would work. Smile

In fact you could probably use both if you wanted to.
- If an agency purchased a sub-form with their points, the person responsible for the agency (I'm going to calll them DG's Tongue) could then be bound by the same rules as staff whilst looking after the purchased sub-forum space. Cool

Thankyou expat!

RE: Introduction to the Spy Game - Nitrus - 26-02-2011 01:47 PM

Normal members will never be charged with looking after any part of the forum, they are not moderators.

RE: Introduction to the Spy Game - George - 26-02-2011 02:45 PM

Re: Communication between member of agencies

PM between members is still fine by me, as long as I send to less than 5 members... collaboration on mission becomes too open to double agents trickeries if available to anyone of the agency in the sub-forum.

I was going to propose drop-points for communication between members, (flickr or min.us accounts?) but that would be outside Spooksforum mandate.... or could be integrated in the agency page, and make it blownable and breakable by others...
just letting my mind go on...