Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Introduction to the Spy Game
05-02-2011, 01:52 PM
zzInformation Introduction to the Spy Game
I have made a spy game for Spooks Forum to help plug the gap between series. It's just a bit of fun and a challenge.

If you look at left-hand menu in the User CP, right at the bottom is a link to the Spy Game. If you click it you'll see the start screen which displays your Agent Code.

The game is quite simple, there are a number of Agencies to which Agents are recruited. These Agents have to complete missions in order to gain points for their Agency, these missions can be a number of different things and generally in the format of a question and an answer. Different missions earn different amounts of points for your Agency.

Each Agency has a Security Level which rises and falls depending on what happens in the game, if you complete a mission it will rise, if you fail a mission it will fall and if you add a mission for other agencies it will rise etc etc. You can upgrade your security at a cost of 250 points at any time. Should you security level reach CRITICAL all of your agency's codes will be leaked to the public and this can lead to blown covers.

In the game you can also blow the cover of enemy Agents by obtaining their Agent Code, blowing a cover will also earn you points for your Agency. If your cover is blown you are out of the game and can no longer complete missions until your cover is restored. Covers will be restored regularly by me so you shouldn't be out of the game for too long and once your cover is restored you'll have a new Agent Code and still be at the same Agency. If you accidentally blow the cover of a Agent who works for the same Agency you will lose points.

Once you have been recruited, the Spy Game link will take you to the dashboard, where you can see information about your Agency, the current incomplete missions, the league table for Agencies and Agents whose covers are currently blown, you can also see a list of leaked agent codes which you can use to blow the covers of agents. From the dashboard you can also recruit Agents and blow covers using Agent Codes. You can also resign from your Agency from the dashboard and add missions for other agencies to complete, adding a mission will also raise your security level.

The game is designed to be mysterious, you don't everyone who is in your Agency and you don't know who is in the game. All you know for definite is the Agents whose covers have been blown and the person who recruited you is in the same Agency.

The game is also designed to allow an Agent to be very devious and cunning, for example. You could quite easily become a double or triple agent, sabotaging one Agency while your loyalty is with another. It wouldn't be hard to con an Agent Code out of someone in order to use it later against them.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss the game and feel free to post a thread asking to be recruited and telling everyone what you can bring to their agency. If you have any questions about the game, please use this thread for those.

Happy spying! Smile

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2011, 04:28 PM
RE: Introduction to the Spy Game
To join the Hidden Dragons Agency, PM me with your agency code. We are currently well in the lead but looking for able recruits.

"Where's Harry?"
"Moving in mysterious ways."
Find all posts by this user
05-02-2011, 04:46 PM
(05-02-2011 04:28 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  To join the Hidden Dragons Agency, PM me with your agency code. We are currently well in the lead but looking for able recruits.
How do I know this is not a trap to get my agent code? I would be blown before I even started. Or am I being paranoid, now? Wink

Is there a place where I can see the different Agencies?

It's "a struggle for heaven and earth. Where there is one law: fight or die. And one rule: resist or serve."
05-02-2011, 04:53 PM
(05-02-2011 04:46 PM)Belle Wrote:  
(05-02-2011 04:28 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  To join the Hidden Dragons Agency, PM me with your agency code. We are currently well in the lead but looking for able recruits.
How do I know this is not a trap to get my agent code? I would be blown before I even started. Or am I being paranoid, now? Wink

Is there a place where I can see the different Agencies?

I thought that very same thing too. If you are paranoid then so am I. Tongue

PS: I am up for being recruited.

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
05-02-2011, 05:07 PM
interesting idea Wink
05-02-2011, 05:10 PM
To join the Gazelles, PM me your agent code. It's a fun game. Cheers!

Thus let me live, unheard, unknown;
Thus unlamented let me dye;
Steal from the world, and not a stone
Tell where I lye.
05-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Post me an invitation and we will see. Picard 1109 Cool
05-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm looking to be recruited! I can be sneaky Smile
05-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Sorry, don't have time to contact each of you individually. If you want to join Hidden Dragons, PM me.

There'd be no point blowing your cover until you're recruited into an agency. You can only join an agency via someone who is already in one.

"Where's Harry?"
"Moving in mysterious ways."
05-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Sounds interesting, I'm up for being recuited.

Is there a list of the different agencies?Smile