Spooks Forum
You know you're a fan of spooks when... - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: You know you're a fan of spooks when... (/thread-179.html)

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - Beatriz - 02-12-2009 07:41 PM

You know you're a fan of spooks forum when you keep checking if it's active again, it isn't and as you need your daily dose of spooks you start writing a fan fic!

I want to say, I've never written one, I'm very bad at writing and imagine that in English!!! Confused

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - almh - 02-12-2009 07:53 PM

Yay, write fanfic!!!

Continuing on from Beatriz, you know you're a fan of Spooks when you have to resort to Spooks fan videos when Spooks forum is on down time Sad (I also tried to build a pyramid out of cards. It didn't happen, and I spent over an hour trying. I got to two on the base and one on top, went to take a picture to prove I'd done it and knocked it over Angry)

... when you are talking to your friend at your school, and you realise you haven't managed to say any Spooks related things in Geography for a while (My geography teacher watches it! She went up in my respect after that, lol,) and so make spend an evening thinking about how Spooks is related to river rejuvenation (physical Geography lesson)... and failing. But succeeded when trying to think of Spooks related to water-bourne diseases (human Geography lesson - I had about three episodes, poor Alex. I don't think that she really was that interested...)

... when you start grinning manically (anyone know if that is the right spelling?) during one of your Geography lessons because your Geography teacher has the same surname as someone who used to be in Spooks (:sniff: - my other Geography teacher BTW, not the one who watches Spooks. Now that would have been hilarious.) and she starts saying things that could easily have just come from an episode of Spooks (can't remember what exactly, I've lost the piece of paper that it was written on.)

... when you're walking to the train station and realise that every morning you walk past one spot, and every time there is a different car with different occupants sitting in the car, just sitting there, and you wonder who living near you is being spied on! (Sadly I found a logical explanation - It's opposite a building site, and it's the builders sitting there in their cars before hand Sad)

... when you've written 4 you know you're a fan of Spooks when... in one day!!! lol. (not including this one, obviously, because this one is stupid.)

BTW, sadly, these are all true. Oh dear.

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - Beatriz - 02-12-2009 08:03 PM

... when you're going to Lisbon for 4 days (from Friday to Tuesday, holidays here) and you spend your hours thinking how are you going to convince your friends to let you download and watch Friday's episode.

We go to an apartment with wifi, but sadly nothing is going to work... Sad

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - almh - 02-12-2009 08:06 PM

I think hypnosis is your best bet. Or you could show her some previous episodes and get her hooked on it as well so she will let you download it!!!

... when the phrase "They can't die, they haven't got enough on the Grid," becomes one of the most repeated phrases in your family Tongue (My mum's philosophy - no one else can die because they're so understaffed.)

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - lwhite53 - 02-12-2009 09:13 PM

(02-12-2009 08:06 PM)almh Wrote:  ... when the phrase "They can't die, they haven't got enough on the Grid," becomes one of the most repeated phrases in your family Tongue (My mum's philosophy - no one else can die because they're so understaffed.)

I think your mum deserves an honorary award for that one.Big Grin

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - almh - 02-12-2009 09:15 PM

(02-12-2009 09:13 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  
(02-12-2009 08:06 PM)almh Wrote:  ... when the phrase "They can't die, they haven't got enough on the Grid," becomes one of the most repeated phrases in your family Tongue (My mum's philosophy - no one else can die because they're so understaffed.)

I think your mum deserves an honorary award for that one.Big Grin

I'll tell her that Wink

... when you accidentally say GCHQ instead of GCSE in a conversation...
... when you see the group on Facebook "They both like eachother. Why aren't they going out?" and grin madly (thinking about Harry and Ruth Big Grin)

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - deathbymascara - 02-12-2009 10:41 PM

(02-12-2009 07:53 PM)almh Wrote:  ... when you are talking to your friend at your school, and you realise you haven't managed to say any Spooks related things in Geography for a while (My geography teacher watches it! She went up in my respect after that, lol,) and so make spend an evening thinking about how Spooks is related to river rejuvenation (physical Geography lesson)... and failing. But succeeded when trying to think of Spooks related to water-bourne diseases (human Geography lesson - I had about three episodes, poor Alex. I don't think that she really was that interested...)

Hahaa I also do that! The lesson I had after I saw 8.2 was on energy security of all things and whenthe teacher started to talk about importing gas from other countries I blurted out (much louder than I intended Blush) that I knew all about it cos I had watched it on Spooks. My teacher just gave me a bemused look and said something like the preferred method of research is actually from a textbook and my friends were all in hysterics at me Sad

And I also went into a boredom meltdown when the forum was down pahaha. Although I must admit it was my first evening since joining the forum I have actually done so much work Smile

And you know your a spooks fan (as well as doing all the above things) when everytime you walk past a white van you imagine there to be a surveillance team inside Tongue
Also I wore a trench coat today and felt very spylike! Someone even commented that and I could have died of happiness Tongue

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - JHyde - 03-12-2009 02:12 AM

almh, I'm sure that one about your geography teacher's name was the very first post on this thread. It's still funny though Smile As was GCHQ/GCSE!

.....when you look at the very impressive bruises down your left side and think you look really hardcore, like an officer who's battlescarred.

(I was pushed onto a fence. Really not that exciting.)

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - almh - 03-12-2009 06:27 AM

Yeah, I did, I was just reminding people because sometimes people don't read the posts before (like me when I get to a new thread that has over 10 pages - I just read the last page Blush)

Well done for saying about Spooks with energy! Big Grin

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - JHyde - 03-12-2009 12:41 PM

YKYAFOS....when you're considering getting a Spooks related tattoo. Like Lucas.