Spooks Forum
You know you're a fan of spooks when... - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: You know you're a fan of spooks when... (/thread-179.html)

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - Tea Lady - 03-12-2009 02:26 PM

...you are in London with a friend having a pizza (Wednesday night, Spooks night) and run to London Bridge train station to make the 8.23pm train in heels. Get off the train at your end at 8.53pm. Run to the taxi rank pushing 3 people out of the way to get there. Jump in the taxi which has a sliding door and break the plastic handle off the door trying to close it in a hurry, then hand it to the driver with an apology.....all to get in the door of your house at 9.01pm to watch episode 5 on BBC1 that you have already seen last Friday on BBC3 !!

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - HellsBells - 03-12-2009 02:36 PM

That's just so funny !!!

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - Beatriz - 03-12-2009 05:00 PM

LOL That was a good one!!! LOL

... when you are in you're in your English class, and "nuclear bomb" appears in an example, you smile because it reminds you of spooks and spooks forum people writing in this thread about things like this one. IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!! Big Grin

... when you get in Facebook this stupid thing " 2010 will bring you..", and yours says: "an experience in far away lands" and you inmediately think in The Grand Spooks Tour 2010 Big Grin

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - almh - 03-12-2009 05:14 PM

(03-12-2009 05:00 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  ... when you get in Facebook this stupid thing " 2010 will bring you..", and yours says: "an experience in far away lands" and you inmediately think in The Grand Spooks Tour 2010 Big Grin

Definitely Beatriz!!! Big Grin

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - lwhite53 - 03-12-2009 05:45 PM

(03-12-2009 02:26 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  ...you are in London with a friend having a pizza (Wednesday night, Spooks night) and run to London Bridge train station to make the 8.23pm train in heels. Get off the train at your end at 8.53pm. Run to the taxi rank pushing 3 people out of the way to get there. Jump in the taxi which has a sliding door and break the plastic handle off the door trying to close it in a hurry, then hand it to the driver with an apology.....all to get in the door of your house at 9.01pm to watch episode 5 on BBC1 that you have already seen last Friday on BBC3 !!

This is priceless!Big Grin Did you actually make it?

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - femaleBertieWooster - 03-12-2009 06:29 PM

(03-12-2009 02:26 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  ...you are in London with a friend having a pizza (Wednesday night, Spooks night) and run to London Bridge train station to make the 8.23pm train in heels. Get off the train at your end at 8.53pm. Run to the taxi rank pushing 3 people out of the way to get there, not even noticing that it's Harry, Ruth and a chaperone. Jump in the taxi which has a sliding door and break the plastic handle off the door trying to close it in a hurry, then hand it to the driver with an apology.....all to get in the door of your house at 9.01pm to watch episode 5 on BBC1 that you have already seen last Friday on BBC3 !!

Fixed!

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - Tea Lady - 03-12-2009 06:31 PM

(03-12-2009 05:45 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  
(03-12-2009 02:26 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  ...you are in London with a friend having a pizza (Wednesday night, Spooks night) and run to London Bridge train station to make the 8.23pm train in heels. Get off the train at your end at 8.53pm. Run to the taxi rank pushing 3 people out of the way to get there. Jump in the taxi which has a sliding door and break the plastic handle off the door trying to close it in a hurry, then hand it to the driver with an apology.....all to get in the door of your house at 9.01pm to watch episode 5 on BBC1 that you have already seen last Friday on BBC3 !!

This is priceless!Big Grin Did you actually make it?

I missed the first couple of minutes but because I was recording it on Sky plus, I went back to the beginning and started at the start. Yes I know I had already seen it !!!

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - almh - 05-12-2009 12:25 PM

... when your friend suggests that you go along the south bank and you grin happily (no, she has not realised that I will be locations spotting Wink I don't think I'll show her this post/thread...) I'm also going to go see Harry's Christmas tree Big Grin

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - JHyde - 05-12-2009 03:55 PM

When you give one of your best mates, whose wife just gave birth to a baby girl, a copy of Yeats' "A Poem For My Daughter".

Truthfully, I would have done that without Spooks, but it just gives it extra meaning. He'll be a better dad than Harry though.

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - lwhite53 - 05-12-2009 03:56 PM

. . . you're up till 3am watching ep 6 twice and posting on the forum and then as soon as you wake at 9am, the first thing you do is go back onto the forum to see what's happened in the intervening 6 hours. Sad really!!