Spooks Forum
You know you're a fan of spooks when... - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: You know you're a fan of spooks when... (/thread-179.html)

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - kirmostar - 14-12-2009 07:20 PM

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when...

you're at work but using your computer to continue the fan fiction you started at home this morning and emailing segments home so you can finish it tonight

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - almh - 14-12-2009 07:23 PM

hehe, lol.

Remember to upload it on here!

---

When you stare at a guy on the train because he looks like Mani.

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - Beatriz - 14-12-2009 09:39 PM

...when you're watching another series (Dexter, I promise I won't mention him again Tongue) and you're totallly in the story but when he says "fake your own death" you inmediately think in Ruth and laugh at the thought: Ruth and Dexter in the same phrase... weird Confused

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - Akira - 16-12-2009 08:37 PM

...When you see the word 'Copenhagen' in your morning paper while half asleep after 2 days of series 6, and freak out on the tube.

I knew someone on the other forum who did communicate with one of the runners.

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - femaleBertieWooster - 16-12-2009 09:45 PM

(13-12-2009 01:33 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Love too shall yield to me" - Ovid.

I absolutely love this. Also love Beatriz' sig.

You know you're a fan of spooks when... your spiritual sustenance comes from quotes in sigs.

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - JHyde - 16-12-2009 10:32 PM

(I read in Harry's Diary that he gave Ruth some Ovid for her last birthday she was on the Grid before her exile. It inspired me to pick the love Poems up again, it's been awhile. That line, like so many in Ovid, is a a play on Virgil's "Omnia uincit Amor: et nos cedamus Amori". That is - "Love conquers everything: we too must yield to Love". Latin lesson ends HERE.)

.....when your Spooks related signature has such a convoluted origin it requires a classics lesson to explain it.

I do think Ovid and Virgil playing off each other literature wise reminds me a little of Hary and Ruth.

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - lwhite53 - 17-12-2009 02:37 AM

. . . when you realize with horror that your Friday night is shot because there's no new ep to watch.Thud

(Note to self: Get a life.Sad)

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - almh - 17-12-2009 09:43 AM

(17-12-2009 02:37 AM)lwhite53 Wrote:  . . . when you realize with horror that your Friday night is shot because there's no new ep to watch.Thud

I know! I have the same issue Sad We'll just all have to sit on here at 9 o'clock and sniff and every so often post saying "It's not the same without a new Spooks episode to watch" Tongue

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - almh - 17-12-2009 11:33 AM

... when you find out that you're running out a memory on your computer, and have to delete stuff so you save all your Spooks stuff to googledocs so you don't have to delete it Big Grin I love googledocs - it's like having an extra hard drive.

RE: You know you're a fan of spooks when... - Beatriz - 17-12-2009 05:07 PM

(17-12-2009 09:43 AM)almh Wrote:  
(17-12-2009 02:37 AM)lwhite53 Wrote:  . . . when you realize with horror that your Friday night is shot because there's no new ep to watch.Thud

I know! I have the same issue Sad We'll just all have to sit on here at 9 o'clock and sniff and every so often post saying "It's not the same without a new Spooks episode to watch" Tongue

At least next week we have another one, and after that Sad
Thankfully some of us have Ruth's diary Big Grin