Spooks Forum
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 10 (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion (/thread-1863.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion - harrbd - 20-09-2011 03:33 PM

(20-09-2011 02:43 PM)Scarlet Wrote:  I re-watched ep 1 on the iplayer last night and noticed something that I'd missed before. In the scene where Sharecropper is in his flat and opens a file, the first page looks like some declassified document and under 'Subject', is written 'Lee Harvey Oswald'! (If you pause it on the iplayer at 01:57 you can see what I mean)
Eh?! Is that supposed to mean anything?! Or one of Kudos' little 'injokes' - sort of nod to the whole cold war, russia spy saga of the 1960's?
Did anyone else notice? Weird....

Yes, I noticed but no idea what it means !

RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion - Nitrus - 20-09-2011 03:35 PM

I think it's probably just a little Easter Egg. I hope so, if Spooks dares do anything remotely related to JFK assassination, I'm leaving forever.

RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion - Scarlet - 20-09-2011 03:38 PM

(20-09-2011 03:35 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  I think it's probably just a little Easter Egg. I hope so, if Spooks dares do anything remotely related to JFK assassination, I'm leaving forever.

Heh. Smile Although their take on the whole Princess Di thing worked well I thought. One of my all time favourite episodes in fact. Sorry, bit off topic!

RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion - beatrice4ruth - 20-09-2011 03:45 PM

(20-09-2011 02:43 PM)Scarlet Wrote:  I re-watched ep 1 on the iplayer last night and noticed something that I'd missed before. In the scene where Sharecropper is in his flat and opens a file, the first page looks like some declassified document and under 'Subject', is written 'Lee Harvey Oswald'! (If you pause it on the iplayer at 01:57 you can see what I mean)
Eh?! Is that supposed to mean anything?! Or one of Kudos' little 'injokes' - sort of nod to the whole cold war, russia spy saga of the 1960's?
Did anyone else notice? Weird....

Great observation, since Lee Harvey Oswald lived in the Soviet Union.

Is it a false clue, a joke or a hint? It was way before Harry's time, who might have been 10 in 1963.

We know that the CIA was involved with Harry during the Cold War. It might indicated that there is an unexpected twist in Harry's past in this document. I can't find any connection, unless Harry was a
Series 10 Spoiler: show
double agent for the US/UK or triple agent (US, Soviet Union, Britain) and that makes no sense. According to Harry's biography, his parents were British and could not have been Russian. But who knows!

We were warned that there would be many twists in series 10.

RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion - Scarlet - 20-09-2011 04:56 PM

(20-09-2011 03:45 PM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  Great observation, since Lee Harvey Oswald lived in the Soviet Union.

Is it a false clue, a joke or a hint? It was way before Harry's time, who might have been 10 in 1963.

Indeed and judging from the evidence available today was himself some kind of intelligence agent. (Maybe one of the Kudos team is a closet JFK assassination buff Smile
Maybe some of easter egg as Nitrus suggested. Yea, think Harry is a little young to have been involved in anything in 1963 Smile Or, perhaps they were implying Sharecropper was somehow involved - he's the right age....Furthermore, didn't they say Sharecropper was 71? Well, that's exactly how old Lee Harvey Oswald would have been today, (d.o.b. 18/10/39). Maybe another little Kudos joke Smile

RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion - tammy1 - 20-09-2011 05:29 PM

hello everyone, new to the forum. I'm still speechless after watching this episode twice, blown away, by PF and NW. Many thoughts, not yet orgnized. At this point I can say that this is the best openning since S.5, IMO.

RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - cateau1 - 20-09-2011 06:14 PM

No... It's not only words we listen to....

(20-09-2011 01:12 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  
(20-09-2011 12:53 PM)cateau1 Wrote:  Major clue to the 'old face' returning:
Series 10 Spoiler: show
listen closely to the voice in the promo!!

The "Have you ever thought about the lives you have ruined" line? That was Sasha in this very episode. Pretty sure he said it to Harry at gun-point. Unless it is a running theme and everyone says it to Harry at some point.

RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion - Nitrus - 20-09-2011 06:25 PM

(20-09-2011 06:14 PM)cateau1 Wrote:  No... It's not only words we listen to....

Be more cryptic.

Either divulge who you think it is in spoiler tags or don't say anything about it. This teasing is silly.

RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - Gazelle - 20-09-2011 06:53 PM

(19-09-2011 11:30 PM)penfold Wrote:  The message was, I believe, only put on screens in areas about to change to digital -it didn't appear here in the NW which went digital last year.

Hmm, thanks for that - still not sure why they randomly picked the first episode of Spooks to show it, hope it doesn't happen again.
(20-09-2011 05:14 AM)A Cousin Wrote:  Harry was fab. Loved the Old School spy stuff in the beginning. I did have a bit of a chuckle at the baby-sitting crew. They didn't mind being seen!

Me too, had to laugh at the not-so-discreet minders (plus Sasha) following Harry through the park en route to the library... reminded me of the pied piper!

(20-09-2011 05:14 AM)A Cousin Wrote:  Ruth seemed to shed some of her maudlin depression of S9 and was brilliant in the field. Her tears at the end of S9 were always cathartic to me, so I didn't really mind the "re-set" of their relationship. I liked seeing them work so well together without so much baggage. Favorite moment with them was comic one when Ruth tries to get a look-see at Harry's Tome to Ruth's Brilliance. They are hy-larious!

I'm with you there too, and with only 6 episodes to play with I can understand why the scriptwriters had to get straight on with the new plotlines. It was nice seeing them be a bit more relaxed with each other, and on the plus side at least Harry's being honest with Ruth and telling things straight. It's kind of nice the way she's the one he always confides in.

RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion - FATBOY - 20-09-2011 10:30 PM

If Gavrik's security its so good I would have thought they would have noticed Calum placing the tracker on his car.