Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
18-09-2011, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 02:14 PM by Nitrus.)
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
It's probably about the time to start THIS thread, eh? Yahoo
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2011, 06:16 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion
I figure I can get my hands on it at about 05.30am my time, but despite my love of the show, I am not getting up that early to watch it. As I have a lunch time start Monday, I will have a leisurely morning to watch as you all sleep and dream. ( I hope you're not having nightmares.....) Fortunately I'll be asleep while you're all setting the internet on fire, so will be able to keep well away until I've seen it. See you all on the other side - post ep1. Cannot wait!!!
Find all posts by this user
18-09-2011, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 04:08 PM by beatrice4ruth.)
In Episode 1 Harry having a

Series 10 Spoiler: show
a flashback to his Cold War days make me think. Perhaps the "audacious" ending is a very old Harry and an old Ruth in their Sussex cottage having flashbacks about the good old days in Section D.

That's it. I am losing it. But I am going to enjoy the first episode tonight.
18-09-2011, 06:41 PM
The bloody countdown clock's an hour out!!
18-09-2011, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 03:06 AM by pennyfeather.)
Morning here in NZ as its airing. Will watch as soon as it is online *squeeeeee*

It was the wind Ruth...
18-09-2011, 09:01 PM
OH MY GOD... "because he's my son" that was so tense...

Back to the episode, is it just me, or did the music in this episode sound weird? no usual 'spooks' scores like previous series?

[Image: sobt60.jpg]
18-09-2011, 09:05 PM
(18-09-2011 09:01 PM)xzibit_m Wrote:  OH MY GOD... "because he's my son" that was so tense...

Back to the episode, is it just me, or did the music in this episode sound weird? no usual 'spooks' scores like previous series?

Ohh poor Ruth - that was a shock
18-09-2011, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 09:08 PM by JohnSpook.)
Fantastic!!! So much to say! I didn't realise how fit Lara Pulver is! Glad to see Dimitri coming into his own, and I'm not so sure about Callum, the kinda guy I'd hate in real life. Will need to watch it again. But fantastic episode all the same!!
(18-09-2011 09:01 PM)xzibit_m Wrote:  OH MY GOD... "because he's my son" that was so tense...

He looked like he was tearing up as he was saying it. Kinda saw it coming but still. Fantastic.
18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
There was some really dodgy high pitched music at one point, it drove me absolutely insane.

I'd accidently read a couple of spoilers, but I didn't expect them all to come out in the very first episode! But I did love seeing Erin's family, someone different from the norm for once (she can join an elite group of Spooks with children which is currently just Adam, Fiona and Harry).

On to my main moan. Not so much a moan at the series, more a Harry what on earth are you doing moan, why do you want whatshername (I keep wanting to call her Elina but that's my friend's name so not entirely sure its right). At the end I was seriously close to getting annoyed with Harry - poor Ruth! I have a horrible feeling that she's going to be worst hit by all of these new revelations :/

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
18-09-2011, 09:09 PM
STUNNING!!!!

Already want to watch it again. So may H/R moments! We are going to be spoiled rotten this series!
Heart is still in my mouth at the heartbreaking acting from PF at the end!