Spooks Forum
What books are you into? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What books are you into? (/thread-257.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: What books are you into? - Silktie - 19-03-2010 03:50 PM

Glad you liked it. The writer has a new book out but I haven't read it yet.

RE: What books are you into? - bertowud - 20-03-2010 01:53 AM

Child 44 is sitting in a stack of books around here somewhere. Unfortunately it's not in a stack I'll be reading any time soon. I really want to read it.

RE: What books are you into? - YourFutureMuse - 20-03-2010 12:21 PM

I have just lent my sister (who hardly reads) a really good book that she is now really into and forgoy how good it was myself.. nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult. I love it! And the unexpected ending...

I have also been reading the shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella which I find so funny I wanted to literally lol on the bus Tongue I read two yesterday alone and I am sad that there are only 5! Has anyone one read any of her others, are they any good?

Ooh and the other day I read A pale view of the hills by Kazuo Ishiguro which I also loved and highly recommend if you haven't read it Tongue

RE: What books are you into? - Nia M - 20-03-2010 03:57 PM

Oh Nineteen Minutes is fabulous.

Has anyone read No Time For Goodbye or Too Close To Home by Linwood Barclay? Two amazing suspense novels that I had to read in one sitting, because I just couldn't put them down. And that doesn't happen a lot to me anymore.

RE: What books are you into? - JHyde - 18-04-2010 10:55 AM

I am loving my new book called 'In Other Rooms, Other Wonders' by Daniyal Mueenuddin. It was nominated for the major awards in the States and in a couple of cases, I actually think it was better than the winner.

RE: What books are you into? - CONDOR - 18-04-2010 02:58 PM

I read a lot, mostly non fiction tales of "daring do" on the sea, "A World Of My Own" by Sir Robin Knox Johnson, "Left For Dead" by Nick Ward, A Race Too Far etc etc. This reflects my passion for sailing, but lack of courage to do some of the things these guys have.
When it comes to crime fiction I do quite enjoy Val Mc Dermid.

RE: What books are you into? - Jhokur - 18-04-2010 03:30 PM

I picked up the Kindle app for my iPhone and started reading "the classics" - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Pride & Prejudice are first up. My problem is I don't finish books like I used to... not because I lose interest but because so much stuff comes up :|

RE: What books are you into? - bertowud - 19-04-2010 03:50 AM

Life and work keeps getting in the way of me finishing very many books. I've more recently gotten into audio books. Unfortunately I'm not driving as much as I used to, so they take forever too.

RE: What books are you into? - HellsBells - 20-04-2010 01:08 PM

I read a few classics, Wuthering heights and Moby Dick. Classic are great once you get into them. I tried reading War and Peace once, but I never got very far. I just could not remember all the Russian characters names, it is about the only book I have never finished !

RE: What books are you into? - CONDOR - 20-04-2010 01:18 PM

The advantage of Classics is that they are relatively cheap in comparison to a "normal" paperback. I have made several attempts at Riddle of the Sands, but find I get too distracted.