Spooks Forum
Adam and Ros - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 7 (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Adam and Ros (/thread-271.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Adam and Ros - Tea Lady - 14-10-2009 05:29 PM

Yes I agree. Ros did it to get back at Harry. She even said to Adam when he confronted her in the office that Harry was even more devious than her father. Maybe Harry didnt react towards Ros after because he knew that someone had set them up and if it wasnt Ros that found the chinese type 67 then someone else would have. Ruth was seen on CCTV stealing the keys to Mik's house. If I was Harry though I would have still punched her in the nose. Adam never let Harry down, ever.

RE: Adam and Ros - Nitrus - 14-10-2009 05:33 PM

(14-10-2009 05:29 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Adam never let Harry down, ever.

I refer you to my previous posts in this thread regarding Adam selling a story to a journalist which would destroy the government.

That was very much, letting Harry down.

RE: Adam and Ros - Tea Lady - 14-10-2009 05:38 PM

(14-10-2009 05:33 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  

I refer you to my previous posts in this thread regarding Adam selling a story to a journalist which would destroy the government.

...errr, maybe Harry was a little disappointed (as Tea lady recalls Harry smashing the gun butt on the table in the dusty flat !!) but I think he got over it quickly.....err...

RE: Adam and Ros - Nitrus - 14-10-2009 05:39 PM

(14-10-2009 05:38 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  ...errr, maybe Harry was a little disappointed (as Tea lady recalls Harry smashing the gun butt on the table in the dusty flat !!) but I think he got over it quickly.....err...

He destroyed a Led Zepplin tape.. he was so angry....... and let down. Tongue

RE: Adam and Ros - age1021 - 14-10-2009 05:41 PM

(14-10-2009 05:38 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(14-10-2009 05:33 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  

...errr, maybe Harry was a little disappointed (as Tea lady recalls Harry smashing the gun butt on the table in the dusty flat !!) but I think he got over it quickly.....err...

I don't think Harry ever really trusted Ros. I mean despite Adam's breakdowns and personal dramas, he never made Ros section chief. He even hesitated to do it after Adam died.

RE: Adam and Ros - Silktie - 15-10-2009 05:43 AM

(14-10-2009 04:50 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  I fail to recall Ros stimulating any kind of action from Harry with regard to Ruth's arrest.

Ros ratted Ruth out to Oliver Mace after Ruth visited Maudsley's house. Ros then went there with Zaf and found the weapon that was used to kill the other guy. Instead of taking this information to Adam, she went straight to Mace. This allowed Mace to have Ruth arrested, and denied the team the time they needed to sort out the whole Cotterdam affair. So yes, in my opinion Ros' actions led directly to Harry having to take desperate measures to prevent Ruth from going to jail, and Ruth then having to sacrifice herself to to save Harry.

As with regards to Adam letting Harry down, I agree that Adam wanting to go to the press was also a betrayal. But in my admittedly warped mind it's less of a personal betrayal of the team than the stuff Ros did. I mean, during the Yalta thing she ACTIVELY spied on her own team, and also planted that tracker on Harry that led to his capture and being tied to a chair in that house. Adam's actions, on the other hand, was to expose the activities of the government which the team did not agree with and didn't really want to implement, but was forced to by the Home Secretary.

RE: Adam and Ros - age1021 - 15-10-2009 09:38 PM

(15-10-2009 05:43 AM)Silktie Wrote:  
(14-10-2009 04:50 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  I fail to recall Ros stimulating any kind of action from Harry with regard to Ruth's arrest.

Ros ratted Ruth out to Oliver Mace after Ruth visited Maudsley's house. Ros then went there with Zaf and found the weapon that was used to kill the other guy. Instead of taking this information to Adam, she went straight to Mace. This allowed Mace to have Ruth arrested, and denied the team the time they needed to sort out the whole Cotterdam affair. So yes, in my opinion Ros' actions led directly to Harry having to take desperate measures to prevent Ruth from going to jail, and Ruth then having to sacrifice herself to to save Harry.

As with regards to Adam letting Harry down, I agree that Adam wanting to go to the press was also a betrayal. But in my admittedly warped mind it's less of a personal betrayal of the team than the stuff Ros did. I mean, during the Yalta thing she ACTIVELY spied on her own team, and also planted that tracker on Harry that led to his capture and being tied to a chair in that house. Adam's actions, on the other hand, was to expose the activities of the government which the team did not agree with and didn't really want to implement, but was forced to by the Home Secretary.

Wait, when did Adam tell bakshi that he loved Ros?

RE: Adam and Ros - almh - 16-10-2009 08:28 PM

In the episode where he said that he lost someone, someone he loved. Implicitly implied, but still said it.

RE: Adam and Ros - Alpha One - 20-10-2009 09:28 PM

(16-10-2009 08:28 PM)almh Wrote:  In the episode where he said that he lost someone, someone he loved. Implicitly implied, but still said it.

I love this thread Smile

Yes - Adam told Bakshi that Ana was pregnant and said that a friend had told him - someone he lost, someone he loved. That could only have been Ros.

Neither of them contacted each other whilst Ros was in Russia because Adam did not know where she was (he had no idea who Rangefinder was) and Ros did not know Adam did not know. In the cab, she asked Connie whether Adam knew she was back. It is feasible to assume that Ros thought that Adam was genuinely trying to move on.

TBH. I think Adam only used Ana for information. He used her as a honey trap. It's not to say he didn't like her but I don't think he was in love with her. S6 was supposed to be in real (ish) time so his relationship with her was fairly short. They were all tired and stressed from dealing with the Tehran bomb, stopping Iran getting nuclear capability etc etc. so Adam had a reasonable excuse for his lapse in judgement.

Ros and Adam didn't have a conventional relationship, but they were not conventional people. Neither was capable of communicating effectively on an emotional level (for instance, Ros' response to Adam's concern in 6.03 and Adam's meeting with Ros in the corridor after she rescued him from drowning in 6.06) However I do think they had genuine feelings for each other.

Adam told Ben about the Tehran bomb. It may have been a betrayal but it was Ben. Ben was never going to do anything unauthorised and he was almost one of them by then. Harry was cross but he was under stress - he had been thrown off the grid and was under attack. He did recognise that Adam had done it because he had lost Ros. Having lost Ruth, Harry may have had some empathy which is why he didn't appear to take any further action on the incident.

RE: Adam and Ros - age1021 - 20-10-2009 11:38 PM

(20-10-2009 09:28 PM)Alpha One Wrote:  
(16-10-2009 08:28 PM)almh Wrote:  In the episode where he said that he lost someone, someone he loved. Implicitly implied, but still said it.

I love this thread Smile

Yes - Adam told Bakshi that Ana was pregnant and said that a friend had told him - someone he lost, someone he loved. That could only have been Ros.

Neither of them contacted each other whilst Ros was in Russia because Adam did not know where she was (he had no idea who Rangefinder was) and Ros did not know Adam did not know. In the cab, she asked Connie whether Adam knew she was back. It is feasible to assume that Ros thought that Adam was genuinely trying to move on.

TBH. I think Adam only used Ana for information. He used her as a honey trap. It's not to say he didn't like her but I don't think he was in love with her. S6 was supposed to be in real (ish) time so his relationship with her was fairly short. They were all tired and stressed from dealing with the Tehran bomb, stopping Iran getting nuclear capability etc etc. so Adam had a reasonable excuse for his lapse in judgement.

Ros and Adam didn't have a conventional relationship, but they were not conventional people. Neither was capable of communicating effectively on an emotional level (for instance, Ros' response to Adam's concern in 6.03 and Adam's meeting with Ros in the corridor after she rescued him from drowning in 6.06) However I do think they had genuine feelings for each other.

Adam told Ben about the Tehran bomb. It may have been a betrayal but it was Ben. Ben was never going to do anything unauthorised and he was almost one of them by then. Harry was cross but he was under stress - he had been thrown off the grid and was under attack. He did recognise that Adam had done it because he had lost Ros. Having lost Ruth, Harry may have had some empathy which is why he didn't appear to take any further action on the incident.
I don't understand why adam was upset for losing Ros because it was Ros's fault that she had to leave. So his anger was misplaced.
Anyway, it was great drama