Spooks Forum
Arrival of Ruth - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 2 (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Arrival of Ruth (/thread-32.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Arrival of Ruth - Beatriz - 17-12-2009 08:13 PM

I've rewatched this episode yesterday, and I love Harry's laugh there.

I like that: Sam says "Bonkers" and Danny answers "but brilliant". It's a good definition of her Tongue

RE: Arrival of Ruth - Kirayuki - 24-12-2009 06:01 PM

I thought Danny said "Bonkers", then Zoe said "bu Brilliant".
???
Oh well either way i think that was a rather funny scene.
I always feel sorry for Ruth in that scene though because it's her first day and she's fighting a desk lamp. (Embarrassing somewhat? I think so).

RE: Arrival of Ruth - almh - 24-12-2009 07:44 PM

I cringed for her in that scene. Not a good moment.

RE: Arrival of Ruth - JHyde - 25-12-2009 09:20 AM

That's the sort of dopey thing I'd do.

RE: Arrival of Ruth - almh - 25-12-2009 09:29 AM

I think I wouldn't have bothered to change the desk lamp, but I would have tripped over everyone's feet Blush

RE: Arrival of Ruth - Beatriz - 25-12-2009 09:41 AM

It was different start, different from other characters, all were very confident and fit in the Grid, and Ruth... very enthusiastic but clumpsy, and it was difficult for her to fit... poor Ruth

(24-12-2009 06:01 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  I thought Danny said "Bonkers", then Zoe said "bu Brilliant".
You're right, sorry.

RE: Arrival of Ruth - Moonlight - 31-12-2009 12:31 PM

The great thing about her in this episode is that she's oblivious to the effect she creates and is very enthusiastic about what she does; she doesn't seem to feel that she doesn't fit.
On a fashion note, I'm glad they lost the coat with the big white shaggy fur collar from Blood and Money... and good old Tom for giving her a second chance.

RE: Arrival of Ruth - Kirayuki - 31-12-2009 12:56 PM

If Tom hadn't given her a second chance then i think the whole show would have been SO different.
I can't imagine the show without Ruth anymore.

RE: Arrival of Ruth - i luv lucas - 31-12-2009 01:22 PM

I lover Ruth,
Spoiler: show
and I am soooo pleaase that they bought her back again.

RE: Arrival of Ruth - lwhite53 - 31-12-2009 08:32 PM

(31-12-2009 12:31 PM)Moonlight Wrote:  On a fashion note, I'm glad they lost the coat with the big white shaggy fur collar from Blood and Money... and good old Tom for giving her a second chance.

God, I'd forgotten that coat, what a nightmare that was.Confused

Ruth did bring a refreshing humor to the grid (sometimes in a not-so-good way) and I absolutely loved that scene with the lamp.Wink